Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's Spring, and the Old Birds are nesting. First hatchlings coming soon!

(343 Posts)
stubbornstains Wed 25-Feb-15 20:32:21

This started as a TTC thread about a year ago, which, as so many of us C'ed, kind of fizzled out smile. Since then, we've been joined by many other over-35ers to share the joys and grumbles of pregnancy in our decrepitude, and watch first our pubes, then our feet, disappearing from view.....

stubbornstains Wed 25-Feb-15 20:39:55

The stats list so far....Do I need to make any amendments? Who need to be added?

inshock73 41 (will be 42), baby no 1,edd 14 April 2015
FreedomHuntress 40, (may be 41 by birth), edd 27 April 2015. Girl. DS is four.
Absintheclub "40 odd" grin, baby no.2, edd end April/ beginning May
gingerbreadlady 38, baby no.1, edd 18th May 2015, boy
snooky17 40, edd 18th May 2015
stubbornstains 40 (will be 41) ,baby no.2, edd 31st May 2015.Boy.
mrs extraordinary nearly 35, baby no.6, edd 6th June
hexyqueen 42, baby no.2, edd 8th June, ELCS booked for 1st June.
clearlyopaque 39, baby no.1, edd 9th June 2015
bingobonkers 39, baby no.3, edd 21st June 2015 (summer solstice, nice!)
tranquilitybaby 36, baby no. 3. edd 23 June 2015, girl.
tilly73 41, edd 4th July 2015
overtiredbackagain 40 (will be 41), baby no.3, edd 7th July
supersupershock 42, baby no.2, edd 15th July 2015
miss twister 37, baby no.1, edd 31st July
nottalotta 37, baby no.1, edd 5th August 2015
MrsSmithChips 41, baby no.2, edd 29th August 2015
lolababy 40 (will be 41), baby no.5, edd 12th September

Gingerbreadlady1 Wed 25-Feb-15 21:06:16

Thanks for starting the new thread stubborn, place marking.

Snooky17 Wed 25-Feb-15 21:38:12

Thanks stubborn, welcome to AuntieDee and congratulations,
Hexy 17 times ! Poor you Hun.
Had blood test today to check for parovirus, not convinced entirely that youngest has it so am not too worried.

AbsInTheClub Wed 25-Feb-15 23:35:20

Great title! Thanks!

Welcome, Dee. If you want in on the Fb group, email me with your Fb URL.

Lolababy00 Thu 26-Feb-15 09:01:37

Welcome Dee
Hexy17 times poor you... Unfortunately mornings sickness can last a longer than the first trimester , hope you feel better soon

stubbornstains Thu 26-Feb-15 09:58:56

Oh, poor hexy....are you managing to keep enough down to keep you going? Are you on all the multi vits?

HexyQueen Thu 26-Feb-15 10:59:14

Fingers crossed for you snooky

As you can see from my bump photo stubborn, It's still getting bigger by the day, and have put on all the weight I lost in the early days and some more. Think its from the copious amounts of chocolate biscuits I have been eating smile Mainly being sick in the evenings when I can hardly keep a thing down, especially if I drink too. Multi vit-tastic, me!

How are the rest of you, some of our members are a bit quiet?

stubbornstains Thu 26-Feb-15 11:02:00

As long as they're dark chocolate...plenty of iron grin.

HexyQueen Thu 26-Feb-15 12:30:13

Dark choc & stem ginger smile

BingoBonkers Thu 26-Feb-15 16:12:43

I can't stop eating. All things that are not good for you such as tortilla chips, pastries, chocolate though I am trying to balance it out with nuts, dried fruit and greek yoghurt.

Had my 24 week check this week and all good so far. Baby is totally breech and has been since my 20 week scan. Not an issue at the mo. Going to have the Consultant Midwife make an apt to talk through birthing options as the consultants are all gearing up for me to have a section, which my MW says is not surprising as they are surgeons!

Starting to feel more tired and exhausted lately. Even going up stairs has me breathless. Lacking in energy today. Could literally fall asleep standing up.

Can't remember who was asking about bloods but I had bloods taken at 12weeks and I will have another set taken at 28weeks.

sebs thinking of you.

Tilly73 Thu 26-Feb-15 21:50:19

Marking my place
I have also become really breathless, do they do any more blood tests? I had some at my booking appt but none since, is that normal
Otherwise I am feeling okay 21+6 today

Cineraria Thu 26-Feb-15 23:58:22

I'm so rubbish at keeping up with the thread. I just sleep away most of my evenings.

Sorry to hear about everyone's symptoms. Hope you'll all feel better soon. My indigestion and nausea have headed off but I'm still throwing up occasionally, which takes me completely by surprise!

I had my blood taken at the booking appointment yesterday (which means that my needle phobia treatment was successful!) but they seem to want more when I have the 12 week scan as well as at the 28 week appointment. I don't know that I can manage to have it done again quite so soon though.

Stubbornstains, next time you are adding someone to the stats, please could you add me too? Here are my details:

Cineraria 40, baby no.1, edd 29th September 2015

Inshock73 Fri 27-Feb-15 07:38:11

Found you! Just marking my place smile Love the group name Stubborn smile

Hope you're recovering well sebs x

Welcome Dee

Tilly I had the glucose blood test done (routinely done at 28 weeks) and they do a full blood count with that one.

I'm 33 weeks now and no one has mentioned the whooping cough vaccine to me - ouu errr! Maybe they think I'm a stubborn old boot because I refused the flu vaccine so aren't going to bother smile Is everyone having the whooping jab?

Bingo My baby switches between being breech and transverse and I'm 33 weeks. Consultant isn't too worried at the mo although by 32 weeks most babies are head down but she's still insisting there's time for baby to move. Baby has been transverse at each of my monthly scans, just laying there with hands tucked under chin, laid back little soul smile

AuntieDee Fri 27-Feb-15 08:07:04

Oooo I got a welcome before I even joined the thread! Thanks guys smile I'm 37 on Monday and this will be my first smile I'm currently 8+3 and have my first antenatal appointment in an hour and a half. Shit! Better get my lazy ass out of bed!!

AbsInTheClub Fri 27-Feb-15 11:51:27

2015 Babies

inshock73 41, (will be 42), baby no 1,edd 14 April
FreedomHuntress 40, (may be 41 by birth), edd 27 April. Girl. DS is four.
AbsInTheClub "40 odd" grin, baby no.2, edd end April/beginning May
gingerbreadlady 38, baby no.1, edd 18th May, boy
snooky17 40, edd 18th May
stubbornstains 40 (will be 41), baby no.2, edd 31st May, Boy.
mrsextraordinary nearly 35, baby no.6, edd 6th June
hexyqueen 42, baby no.2, edd 8th June, ELCS booked for 1st June.
clearlyopaque 39, baby no.1, edd 9th June
bingobonkers 39, baby no.3, edd 21st June (summer solstice, nice!)
tranquilitybaby 36, baby no. 3. edd 23 June, girl.
tilly73 41, edd 4th July
overtiredbackagain 40 (will be 41), baby no.3, edd 7th July
supersupershock 42, baby no.2, edd 15th July
misstwister 37, baby no.1, edd 31st July
nottalotta 37, baby no.1, edd 5th August
MrsSmithChips 41, baby no.2, edd 29th August
lolababy 40 (will be 41), baby no.5, edd 12th September
Cineraria 40, baby no.1, edd 29th September

AbsInTheClub Fri 27-Feb-15 11:55:53

cineria, well done on the bloods/needling. Needs must!

Inshock, I had my Whooping Cough jab recently, they prefer it done before 32 weeks so it has time to transfer to baby, but if you want it, they should still fit you in. Your GP should have sent you a letter about it, then it is up to you to make the appt. I too skipped the flu jab, but felt I'd better have the WC one.

Hello everyone else! 31 weeks here, nothing to report really!

Inshock73 Fri 27-Feb-15 12:08:12

Thanks for that Abs my GP/midwife hasn't kept in touch at all.

When is everyone planning on taking maternity leave? I was planning on stopping at 38 weeks but consultant signed me off on Monday as she was concerned baby was breech (although I think baby has turned back to transverse now) and I'm only 33 weeks sad Got to meet with HR next week and discuss 'options', occupational health at work are keen for me to finish but I'll go mad if I sit around at home for another 6/7 weeks.

AbsInTheClub Fri 27-Feb-15 12:23:34

I'd chase then (receptionist will book you in with the nurse), and get yourself booked in for the jab asap, if you have decided to have it.

If you get paid to be off, I'd be off like a shot! Six weeks to chill out is lovely! (I am already a SAHM so does not apply to me.)

Lolababy00 Fri 27-Feb-15 15:55:32

I'm probably going to leave at about 30 / 32 weeks as we've worked out we will be no worse off,at moment we are paying childcare costs.
inshock my last pregnancy I used my holiday to knock down how many days I worked so I think at 33/34 weeks I was working a three day week ... Which was lovely, I left at just over 36 weeks

Cineraria Sat 28-Feb-15 15:24:43

Thank you for adding me to the stats list, Abs.

Interesting to hear people's plans for when to start maternity leave. I hadn't really thought too much about it. I'm lucky that my work would be mostly desk based in September, so I could probably keep going until I'm due, especially if they let me work form home a couple of days a week as the commute is probably the hardest part of the day. I like your idea of reducing your days each week with holiday too, Lola.

AbsInTheClub Sat 28-Feb-15 21:06:25

No worries, Cineraria.

Where is everyone? What's been happening?!

Nottalotta Sat 28-Feb-15 21:09:53

Evening all, thanks for the new thread stubborn.

I am hoping to work til 38wks. I will have 27 days holiday to take but would much prefer to take it at the end of my maternity, as 2 days a week so that i can go back to work 3 days a week so(on a full time wage) I also get 9 bank holidays to add so technically I could do 18 wks of 3day weeks!

I am 18wks today and can't believe I am almost halfway there!! Definite bump but also a bit of a belly on top. Anyone else weighing themselves? I've put 8lbs on. I'm not dieting or anything silly but having seen my sister balloon and never lose the baby weight, I am a bit paranoid.

Re being signed off, if i am off work for pregnancy related stuff in the last 6 weeks I(i think) my maternity has to start, so am hoping to avoid that.

Those of you who work ft, how long will you take?

I have done nothing all afternoon/evening. Can't even be bothered to have a bath! DH has gone out and I've just sat here on MN and YouTube (watching obem clips...bad idea!!)

Nottalotta Sat 28-Feb-15 21:11:50

Oh and my edd has changed to 1st August but I'm not convinced.....

HexyQueen Sat 28-Feb-15 21:13:27

Yay! I've kept my tea down. Plus I had carrot cake & a biscuit for pudding. Result!! How are you all doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now