Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

OVER HERE!!! Due April 2015

(966 Posts)

Whoops we ran out of thread! Tried to post and couldn't, hope someone else hasn't already started one smile

Great news BitchPeas!

My two know we are trying to have a baby JeewizzJen and I talked to them about coming to the scan when there is a baby but that there could be bad news. Ds1 (7) asked if that was like his friends mum (she lost her baby at 16 weeks earlier in the year) but said that he'd like to come. Ds2 (almost 4) said he doesn't like babies and so doesn't want to see it grin. As the letter says I can take my children I think we will.

Wherediparkmybroom Wed 03-Sep-14 14:50:50

I won't tell them until ds 7 notices, probably labour then!!! No honestly I will hold of till at least December it is too long to wait at that age!

BonjourMinou Wed 03-Sep-14 15:10:09

Saying hello just so I can find this on the threads I'm on list! Nothing new for me, still incredibly nauseous, I think my mum suspects but she hasn't said anything.

SquattingNeville Wed 03-Sep-14 15:22:57

Oh thank goodness I found you all wink

JaneyTea Wed 03-Sep-14 15:39:36

is it nap time yet? smile zzzzzzzzzzzz

Stuntman Wed 03-Sep-14 15:40:56

Hello new thread!

Lauren82000 Wed 03-Sep-14 15:42:19

I'm holding off telling my DD who is 3 whats going on. Because when we caught the first time we weren't very careful what we said around her and she told her great grandma that mummy was growing a baby. Luckily I managed to laugh it off and say we were trying to grow a baby. I'm not sure she believed me but that one ended up a mc anyway. So lessons were learned not to say the words baby and mummy's tummy within her earshot. Seems to be ok talking about it if you slip bits in conversation as she doesn't really listen if your talking about boring mummy daddy things.
Think I'm going to try and leave it till I'm at least showing so she has something visual to help understand.

Lauren82000 Wed 03-Sep-14 15:45:06

God I hope so JaneyTea. The shutters are going down over here. Doesn't help I'm the only person in and I have to stay here till 5 angry

LadesC Wed 03-Sep-14 16:30:48

Found you. Have just had a home appt with midwife and...........I can have baked camembert!!! This is the best news Ive had all week so im off to tesco!! grin

BananaToast Wed 03-Sep-14 16:31:37

Ooh new thread, wondered why the old one had been so quite for the last few hours!

I am EXHAUSTED. Having to stop myself closing my eyes at my desk or they will never open again. Can't wait to get home and in my pjs for Bake Off.

LadyNovember Wed 03-Sep-14 16:34:38

I did keep taking them for a couple of weeks lurker but haven't for a while now. The sore boobs, nausea, spots, constipation, needing to pee 500 times a day etc is enough to remind me wink

Had my booking in appointment today..went well. I've been referred to the consultant for a couple of things (family history of CHD etc) but think it'll be fine, I'll still likely end up mw led. They have me at 9+1 and due 7th April but we'll see at scan..I'm sure I'm right with 17th April ha grin she said I'll get my scan date through the post shortly. I literally cannot wait. I'm dying to get excited and tell everyone..at the moment I still can't believe there's a baby in there?!

I'm jealous of everyone going home to snuggle up soon! I've just started work half an hour ago..roll on midnight..! envy

CareBearWithFangs Wed 03-Sep-14 16:49:40

Just checking in.

Lady I feel sorry for you working at this time. I am knackered, luckily so is DD so we're having a rest together.

JaneyTea Wed 03-Sep-14 17:21:42

BananaToast I'd forgotten that Bake Off is on tonight, exciting!

I've just arrived home to find all my info for my first midwife appointment. There was also a lengthy booklet on all the screening tests that they do, which has made me pretty anxious. Turns out there are so many things I just hadn't got rounds to worrying about yet!shock shock

Try not to worry about that JaneyTea, the way I see it you're better off knowing and being able to plan or treat any problem. My midwife told me on the phone nothing has changed since I had ds2 and there didn't seem to be a huge amount to me anyway.

We have a groupon that has to be used mon, wed or thurs before 6th sept so we're going out tonight and will have to watch bake off on iplayer sad. Missed most of last weeks, literally turned on to see Ian present his bin and then heard all about it so didn't really need to watch! But those baked alaskas were bloody impressive I have to say.

I've actually felt better this week back at work, perhaps I'm just not a lay about relaxing kind of person!! Not looking forward to tomorrow, ds1 is going in to year 3 and has a new far too grown up uniform and ds1 is starting nursery (uniform is optional but he wants it) I love having my babies home. Dh keeps saying it doesn't matter now you're having a new baby, well yes it does my current babies are ever growing and I can't believe the little one will be 4 in 10 days sad

Rhiannon85 Wed 03-Sep-14 18:09:08

Ooh thank god! I thought you had all disappeared!

Aaaah something a bit weird is happening and I don't know how to feel! My mum is 48, she had my sister and I when she was 16&18, my dad and her divorced when I was about 4, had a really tough time as a single mum but now, she is really happy and has been with her partner for 9 years.

He doesn't have children and she told me a couple of weeks ago that they are going to try and have a baby! She's been for all of the tests today and has been given the green light with a 20% chance of success.

I've told her I'm happy for her but I also feel really weird about it and I think a bit upset. My DH and I got married in December last year, he's in the navy and hardly ever around, now I'm pregnant and was really hoping I would have my mum around to support me, but that's going to be so difficult for her if she has a baby of her own? Sorry if I sound selfish, I really don't know how to feel.....

SquattingNeville Wed 03-Sep-14 18:16:55

Rhiannon85 It's a funny situation so don't beat yourself up for feeling upset about it. I think a lot of us have an image of how our parents would be as grandparents when we decide to start our own families. I don't know if I have much more advice to offer I'm afraid, I was devastated when I found out my sister was going to move to Paris when we were TTC this baby because she'd miss "everything" but now she's away it's easier to deal with. Someone will be along with good advice though!

Wineandchoccy Wed 03-Sep-14 19:26:16

Here you all are that confused me when I wondered why nobody had posted this afternoon.

Still got my headache so I am off to bed, night night everyone smile

BananaToast Wed 03-Sep-14 19:46:21

My head is also killing me.

Feeling pretty crap tonight - tired, headache and a bit sick. The joys of early pregnancy!

Misty414 Wed 03-Sep-14 19:58:50

Ooh confusing two threads!

Time seems to have started running again for me after a few slooooow weeks so I'm happy about that. I've got my private scan on Saturday and all being well we'll tell MIL after.

I caved and decided to buy a doppler because of how stressed I've been waiting for appointments. I figured that it might calm me down if I could hear a heartbeat while waiting days to be seem if anything happened again. It turned up today and I'm pretty sure that I found a heartbeat.

Lindalove Wed 03-Sep-14 20:25:24

misty I think dopplers are genius. Was listening again for a hb today and heard one - you can't mistake it, it's like a train. Not 'whooshing' - that's placenta noise. I find it v relaxing to listen to blob's little heart going, I admire his/her ability to keep going while so wee!

Misty414 Wed 03-Sep-14 21:01:31

Linda it's really cool, isn't it? I watched the pregnant after stillbirth doppler video with DH and I thought it sounded like a train but he said it was like a baby sucking a dummy. He is convinced that the sound I found is the same. I got the placenta really easily and the train noise was close. I'll try to record it and post for opinions.

SquattingNeville Wed 03-Sep-14 21:08:39

Linda and Misty That's great! I used mine today (far too early, but to make sure it still worked wink ) and obviously got nothing because I'm only 7+1, but looking forward to trying again in a week or two!

mswibble Wed 03-Sep-14 21:15:16

Here you are! Just marking my place. The excitement of GBBO has me wiped out, im ready for bed!

ChickenMe Wed 03-Sep-14 21:17:50

Hi my skin is really bad, anyone else? Really dry and sore especially the face. It's like bad eczema. Think it could be cos the baby is taking all the nutrients?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now