Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2015: Hello! Anyone out there?

(902 Posts)
NoRoomForALittleOne Sat 23-Aug-14 20:55:03

I can't be the only one due in May 2015... So here goes, a shiny new thread.

I have to sneak in here to discuss all things pregnancy/baby related because this is a surprise DC5! Shhhh! Don't tell anyone!

KittyVonCatsington Sun 24-Aug-14 06:18:11

Congratulations NoRoom! Number 5, how exciting!

I just got my BFP 30 minutes ago and so happy but nervous too as had an early mc back in Feb. Have good strong lines on a FRER and a CB Digi to back it all up though and was good and waited until 15dpo grin

I've been charting my temps and using OPKs so according to ovulation day and FF, my EDD is 2nd May 2015 smile

bradders85 Sun 24-Aug-14 06:48:41

congratulations no room and kitty smile I have also just got a strong positive on 2 clear blue tests!! news sinking in even though we had obviously been trying it's still a shock! going to test on a cb digital too just to see it in actual words!! according to nhs due date calculator I'm the 2nd may too grin. x

bradders85 Sun 24-Aug-14 06:49:28

Oh and I should add too this will be our first baby smile

NoRoomForALittleOne Sun 24-Aug-14 07:19:16

I estimate that I'm due on 2nd May as well but I think that a dating scan will be much more accurate than me trying to work it out.

NoRoomForALittleOne Sun 24-Aug-14 07:20:22

I should add mainly because we weren't trying so no OPKs etc.

Thefourcees Sun 24-Aug-14 08:21:51

Hi all, big congrats, Im also due 2nd May, this will be dc5 for me as well.
I had a mmc back in March and ive just turned 40 so am not as hopeful about this pregnancy as id like to be, not telling anyone in Rl until after scans so thought id join here ��

acemay Sun 24-Aug-14 09:42:16

Congratulations everyone! I got my bfp on Friday and am due around the 6th May I believe. This will be number 1 and after 9 months trying I had resigned myself to the idea that something must be wrong so 5 positive tests later its just starting to sink in!

KittyVonCatsington Sun 24-Aug-14 10:57:58

thefourcees This is the best place to output your excitement mixed with fear at another loss-I hope we can all support each other and wish us all the best for our summer beans (May counts as summer, right?? grin)

I am having DC #1 and been TTC technically since last November. Hope please please please this is it!

acemay -- think I'm going to be POAS on lots of tests over the coming days!

Justyouwaitandsee Sun 24-Aug-14 14:29:32

Hey everyone! I just got my BFP in our 4th/5th month of trying. Still doesn't feel real! After all those months of trying, I really thought it wasn't gonna happen this month, as we had a really busy time and hardly any time to try, let alone put too much thought in it.

This will be number 1. My husband is elated, I am a bit shell shocked! Feels very surreal, what have we done?! hmm (does anyone else feel like this?!)

Great to have you ladies to share the experience with...

NoRoomForALittleOne Sun 24-Aug-14 15:44:10

There is not enough sleep in the world right now <yawn>

NoRoomForALittleOne Sun 24-Aug-14 15:44:41

And 'yes' to shellshocked!

KittyVonCatsington Sun 24-Aug-14 17:33:11

Hi justyouwait Great News!!!

Seeing that line/CB msg: Pregnant is the best feeling isn't it? Have had a dreamy day. I am fully aware that this little bean might not stick but today, I am Pregnant grin It's going to be my new mantra...

And yes, NoRoom - have been sleeping a lot in the past few days. Have also have really painful boobs since 9dpo that haven't let up, as well as loads of creamy cm.

What symptoms do all you ladies have?!

Justyouwaitandsee Sun 24-Aug-14 18:21:49

It feels very surreal!! I haven't really had any symptoms, other than being really, really tired but I put that down to just finishing a really busy and stressful time at work. I have also needed to pee a lot today (quite helpful with the number of tests I've done 'just to double check' ;-) ) I did two first response tests this morning, and just got 2-3 weeks on a Clear Blue Digital. Feels good to see the actual words!

When / how are you ladies planning to tell people? Will you tell anyone (eg parents) before the scan? Only 3 friends know that we were trying and our parents have no idea...

Arendsmummy Sun 24-Aug-14 18:35:54

Hi ladies congratulations to you all
i got my BFP Friday morning after 2 and a half years of trying for our 2nd were still in shock after trying for so long we can't believe it smile going from last cycle I'm due on 2nd may also!!
I've tested a few times and it's a faint positive should i be worried? Keep worrying as after trying for so long feels too good to be true xx

Justyouwaitandsee Sun 24-Aug-14 18:44:49

Hi ArendsMummy! Congratulations! That is amazing news! I was told not to worry about the strength of the test ('a positive is a positive') maybe try a clear blue digital so you get the chance to see the words and an estimated time of how far gone you are?!
I guess as Kitty said above then we just take it day by day! Today you are pregnant wink

bradders85 Sun 24-Aug-14 18:49:05

Hi ladies, congratulations to you all! I've been in a bit of day dream all day! I have only noticed a few symptoms that have happened over the last 2-3 days. My boobs aren't sore....just my nipples!! I have had to go for a wee during the night for the last 2 nights which isn't the norm, I do feel tired but again last 2 nights have been wide awake at odd times! I do now know that what I had last week was definatly implantation bleeding!

Justyouwait - we have said we won't tell people to the scan, I am very close to my mum though so think I will tell her :-) It's going to be hard keeping it a secret when all you want to do is tell everyone! x

KittyVonCatsington Sun 24-Aug-14 18:50:53

Depends on what brand you used Arends. My FRER this morning was the same colour as the control line whereas on my Internet cheapie, you had to squint! To be honest, there is no point in worrying at this stage about line brightness-a line is a line is a line! Try to relax and maybe test again Wednesday or similar.

I am planning on waiting till after the 12 week scan Just due to miscarry ing early on before. Will be my DH's and my little secret Mumsnet doesn't count

Shall I start a stat list? What EDD is everyone?

Justyouwaitandsee Sun 24-Aug-14 19:00:57

Ooh yes! I think my EDD is the 3rd/4th May (May the fourth be with you ;-) ) Baby #1.

Bradders - I feel the same at the moment. Don't want to make it wide spread knowledge but might tell parents before the scan. I would probably want to tell them even if we had a miscarriage. Might try and keep it to ourselves for a couple more weeks but I have a spa day with my mum and some other family next weekend, which I guess means I might need to be careful re. treatments etc. Gah - I hate all the secrecy!!

plinkyplonks Sun 24-Aug-14 19:22:12

Hi all, am I OK to join this thread? I found out I was pregnant today!! Still very surreal, feeling very nauseous and still feeling AF is going to arrive but trying not to worry myself. I told my family today so that if I MC I have people in RL I can discuss it with and support me. Wasn't initially going to, but I have so many pregnancy questions that I needed to be able to discuss it with my mum and sisters. I've booked an appointment in at the doctors to get the ball rolling with midwives etc, it's all starting to feel real now!

It's fantastic to see so many of us getting positives today smile Congratulations all smile

Thefourcees Sun 24-Aug-14 19:25:58

I think ill use that mantra too Kitty, today I am pregnant smile

my EDD is 2nd May dc5

This will be my 4th c section so I will probably have an end of April date really, Im glad this thread is starting to fill up its scary but exciting.

acemay Sun 24-Aug-14 19:26:47

We're hoping to keep it quiet until 12 weeks too but quite a few friends and family were accidentally told we're trying after a few too many wines know we've been trying so it may be difficult! 

KittyVonCatsington Sun 24-Aug-14 19:31:54

Hi plinky grin Have you worked out what your estimated due date will be? I'm putting together a stats list xx and CONGRATULATIONS again!

bradders85 Sun 24-Aug-14 19:36:05

Justyouwait - My mum is off work this week (and I am as I am a teacher) so got lots of plans and days out arranged (our plans usually involve various pubs!) so it will look odd to her when I'm not drinking!!
Kitty - my stats are baby number 1 , EDD 2nd May xxx

KittyVonCatsington Sun 24-Aug-14 19:44:53

May 2015 Thread Passengers

plinkyplonks DC#1, EDD
NoRoomForALittleOne DC#5, EDD 2nd May
bradders85 DC#1, EDD 2nd May
KittyVonCatsington DC#1, EDD 2nd May
Thefourcees DC#5, EDD 2nd May
Arendsmummy DC#2, EDD 2nd May
Justyouwaitandsee DC#1, EDD 3rd/4th May
acemay DC#1, EDD 6th May

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now