Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2014 Thread #7 - third trimester here we come, jingle babies all the way

(1000 Posts)
Chipandspuds Sat 23-Aug-14 07:02:45

Hooray into the third trimester! smile

Wooohooo!!! Or PANIC!!!!

I'm not sure which.

isambardo Sat 23-Aug-14 07:53:43

Morning all. Quiet here now we have FB isn't it?
Fancied pancakes this morning so I've sent dh to the supermarket to get maple syrup smile

Hugmonster82 Sat 23-Aug-14 08:24:37

Morning!
Got SIL's wedding today and woke up stupidly early worrying about the long drive. Looks like a lovely day though. Hope you all have lovely weekendssmile

Facebooks not much busier. Reckon everyone is in bed having lovely lay instead of being in a hot packed car smelling of child farts and crisps in a traffic jam. angry

DrewsWife Sat 23-Aug-14 08:59:07

Morning. Unable to sleep. Arghhhhh. Sooooo tired. Finish work at 130am. Fell asleep at 4am. Woke up at 8. Somehow meant to be going for lunch.... Gubbed.

First have to drive DH to work. hmmconfused

Lucy90 Sat 23-Aug-14 09:02:12

Morning girls
Im not quite third trimester (22+5) so nearly there and hope you dont mind me joining?

Somersetgirl1990 Sat 23-Aug-14 09:05:33

Woken up and really want marmite on toast but have left my bread at my mums confused nooooooo

LisaC2611 Sat 23-Aug-14 09:11:36

Morning all, been up since before 7, seen my trainer for an hour, just stuffed my face with scambled egg on toast and about to get myself dressed. Not sure what we're up to today yet but hopefully going to get our holiday booked grin

Have a lovely weekend all.

DrewsWife Sat 23-Aug-14 09:30:04

Hi Lucy. Welcome to our wee group!!

I'm Karen and I'm 23+1

Breakfast was cheese and onion crisps. the car smells of breath and they wont let me open tge windows.

Hi Lucy! BHLS here. 24+6!

Taura Sat 23-Aug-14 10:57:35

Here's a link to the stats page December Due Dates and to the previous thread: Thread 6.

Taura Sat 23-Aug-14 11:05:03

Yesterday, I had a really interesting appointment. DP is an anesthetist, as I've mentioned before, and his colleagues, on hearing the news, have all said: "have you spoken to [senior obstetric anaesthetist at the main delivery hospital] yet?" (let's call her Sara)
The rule is, if you are an anaesthetist and expecting a baby, you call Sara and she takes care of you / your partner.
So yesterday we had a 1-hour "consultation" with Sara (off the official record) about all the drugs, pains, etc that anaesthetists want to tell their customers, but never get the time to (because normally the message comes via midwives, or when they walk in on a woman screaming for an epidural).
So I had the run down on TENS, gas and air, morphine, epidurals (including the new variant where you get a button to press when you want a top-up, rather than the midwife having to do it), etc.
Naturally she has an agenda to push just like any one, but having had the chat I am much more minded to get an epidural (start with a "walking" one then convert to a patient-controlled one when the time feels right) than before. My main bother has been around running out of energy, or causing distress to the baby, and looks as though epidural works positively for both of those (because the dia/morphine is directed straight into your epidura, very little gets into your bloodstream so doesn't affect the baby).
And the final nice thing was that if we call her when I go into labour, she will come and do my epidural (or whatever) rather than waiting for a registrar.
Happy 24w bunny today!

Chipandspuds Sat 23-Aug-14 12:11:28

Hi Lucy, welcome to the thread smile

I've had a productive morning, collected some newborn and 0-3 month size vests and babygrows (bought them second hand from a Facebook selling site). With those and DS's baby clothes I need to get out of storage I'm pretty much sorted for baby clothes for a while! I've also had a spring clean in the kitchen.

I'm hoping my birth will be the same as DS's (an hour or two quicker would be nice if I had a choice), I managed the contractions well and had a long bath at home first and arrived in hospital 9cms dilated and had DS an hour later in the hospital birthing pool. The whole thing was just over 5.5 hours from waking up to delivering DS. I found gas and air was enough to get me through the last hour. I think if I was being induced or the labour was long I would definitely think about having an epidural...never say never!

Chipandspuds Sat 23-Aug-14 12:11:55

I forgot 26+1 today!

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 23-Aug-14 13:19:34

Found you! I almost created a thread at about midnight but wasn't feeling witty enough.
I'm 22w today. Work is dragging. I feel dizzy and tired and rotten. Moaaaan.

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 23-Aug-14 13:43:13

God I really do feel like death actually.

MrsW27 Sat 23-Aug-14 14:34:35

Eeek! Trying not to get too excited but we've just had an offer accepted on another house. After the heartbreak of the last attempt to buy I have literally every single finger and toe crossed that this one goes ok.

I'm a very happy bunny today, (potential) new house, Monday will be 3 years since I met DH, we have a healthy baby boy on the way and it's a bank holiday weekend gringringringringrin

24+1 today

SassehMonsta Sat 23-Aug-14 15:16:18

Aww Peace, hope you feel better soon! Welcome to Lucy, not a problem at all, the more the merrier! Yes, FB group very quiet as well, everyone snoozing.

I've been on a housework binge the last 2 days. Then I wrote down everything that needs doing still... and now I want to hide forever! (Think 4xA4 pages of individual jobs). Urgh. But now sorted out almost all my clothes into "can wear" and "don't fit" and everything is getting a wash. Everything, from bedding, to all towels, to the dog stuff! Instead of attempting the big things (like sorting out DHs stuff in babies room, which requires DH) or the hoovering -- I never hoover, ever, I bribe DH sometimes to do it -- , I am instead sorting out all my crochet wool etc and trying to think of a good way to store it. Doing a tip run tomorrow to get rid of all the crap we have stored over the years, like boxes and boxes of CDs we never listen to, and VHS's when our VHS player is dead. And all the recycling from DHs office room.... theres months of beer cans and bottles in there, its VILE. Just piled all crochet bits I haven't yet sorted onto the bed, and the dog has decided to sleep on them... ARGGH!

Baby hasn't disco'd this morning, more sedately bimbled around, even when we went out in the car to get DHs bike serviced. I'm eating again after my bad day yesterday, and enjoyed a lovely beans on toast for lunch grin

24 weeks exactly today :D (I also notice most of those due on the 13th Dec are team yellow - wooot!)

CatFaceCrayola Sat 23-Aug-14 17:56:40

Greetings all.
still having a lovely time in Paris. Stuffing too many crepes, croissants and pastries in my face! Doing a lot of walking though (and lots of baths to cure my aches)

Last night me and DH came up with a possible name smile it is possibly a bit "poncey" though...the kind of name that mumsnet as a whole would probably rip to pieces. So not sure..... might brave asking you guys...

Run it by us Cat. I am in Cornwall, pitched, been to the sea, had a pasty and an icecream and now having a lay down. Have instructed DP to bring me a beanburger in a bun with cheese when they arr readygrin

You ok Peace?

CatFaceCrayola Sat 23-Aug-14 19:12:58

Right...it is a bit fancy, but it's the first name we've both actually liked.

Persephone Iryce Aurora Morewin.

Persephone: I know the story of her is a bit grim, but it's such a nice sounding name.
Iryce: pronounced like Iris is a combination of our mums (Irene and Janyce)
Aurora: is possibly changeable

We aren't terribly conventional in anything else we do. Just worried it's a bit much :/

Please be nice

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 23-Aug-14 20:04:41

I'm okay, thank you, just didnt get nearly enough sleep last night, and work was busy and I've got to do a car boot tomorrow with the ILs D:

Lucy90 Sat 23-Aug-14 21:00:18

Cat i like Persephone, would you shorten it to anything?

CatFaceCrayola Sat 23-Aug-14 21:18:11

There's quite a few nice nicknames for Persephone. Percy, Effie, Seffie. I thought of more earlier. Not sure what I'd shorten it to, would probably just happen naturally

This thread is not accepting new messages.