Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2015 #3 - Roll on the Glow!!

(994 Posts)
LittleMissSunshine33 Wed 20-Aug-14 21:53:01

Hi Ladies thread 3!! 2nd Trimester we are on a roll!!

Memphisbelly Wed 20-Aug-14 21:59:32

Hellooooooooo and thank you for the new thread

jenmcspen Wed 20-Aug-14 22:29:06

Can't believe that the march mummies-to-be are already on thread no 4... they must be a chatty bunch! grin

donkir Wed 20-Aug-14 22:50:28

Thanks for the new thread. I'm a bit addicted to mumsnet. It's my new Facebook.

Memphisbelly Wed 20-Aug-14 23:01:45

It is also my new facebook, I am sick of the crap people spout on there and its all gone a bit too serious.
I used to go on when I was out partying or having fun but I don't think my friends want to hear about how I fixed my hoover grin it doesn't have the same element to it ha!

freneticfox Wed 20-Aug-14 23:14:13

Ooh, shiny new post! Hi all, rough day for me but wanted to stop by and say hi smile

Memphisbelly Wed 20-Aug-14 23:30:27

Frenetic lets hope this is the thread where you feel better

JacktheLab Thu 21-Aug-14 06:41:07

Marking my spot, frenetic, feel better soon!

GeekyHybrid Thu 21-Aug-14 07:05:09

Hi guys. Hopefully this is the thread where we ALL feel better! Catch you later.

BanglesSpangles Thu 21-Aug-14 07:39:35

Morning new thread!
Stats list is here

I have woken up with some seriously teenage spots and hideously greasy hair.
No glow here!

Bimberley Thu 21-Aug-14 07:59:49

Thank you for new thread.
Memphis I agree! No one gets excited over new hoovers over there! Much better on here.
I'm not glowing, however pregnancy brings out my organisation skills to the max! I'm cleaning constantly and clearing and sorting crap everyday! I've also got lists pinned everywhere!
Im dreading nesting!

blankfornames Thu 21-Aug-14 08:03:16

Bangles, I've been like that for the past 14 weeks! It's been years since I've bought a spot concealer, but invested in one last wk!

Littlemiss, thanks for the shiny new thread! Wuhhooo 2nd trimester!

Frenetic, hope you're feeling more sprightly soon!

I've been busy so haven't posted in a while but continously keeping up reading! This place moves quickly! I can't say I look pregnant, just like I've eaten all the pies! I did buy some lovely new maternity gear for work yday. H&M, and New Look were great & Next has really nice work trousers. My wedding dress got wedged to the corner of the wardrobe making space for my new expandable threads!

I started pregnancy yoga last night, it was amazing, just even having the time to relax! It's kinda expensive but will try to keep it up over my pregnancy. On a whole, (i look like sh*t!) but feel great! No symptoms. Roll on the reassurance kicks! 14 weeks today!

Have a great day ladies!

blankfornames Thu 21-Aug-14 08:05:45

P.s...there's an April 15 thread! Wuhhoooo! We're moving up the pile! grin

BanglesSpangles Thu 21-Aug-14 09:02:26

Haha, me too blank - have officially never had skin this bad even when I was a teenager and it's ramping up even more! 14+5 for me.

I'm considering pregnancy yoga- my hubby goes to a school that does preg classes but it sounded a little bit wafty for my liking. I thought it might be good for stretching things out though

blankfornames Thu 21-Aug-14 09:15:52

I really enjoyed it I have to say. The lady last night did 10 minutes relaxation exercise at the beginning & end of the class and even having that precious time to relax & concentrate on you & baba is so lovely...and rare!
I'm going back to work next week & know that I'll treasure those classes during a very busy week!

donkir Thu 21-Aug-14 09:25:34

16 weeks today and I have my first consultant appointment this afternoon. Not sure what to expect.
Here's hoping we all feel the golden glow soon.

Grinningcat Thu 21-Aug-14 09:27:28

Thank you for the shiny new thread.

Really looking forward to a day off tomorrow. I have really exciting things planned like sleeping, a bath, picking my runner beans, and maybe one or two other things I'm just too tired to do in the evenings. I've decided that working a 5 day week at the moment really sucks.

No glow here either. Although DH said the other night that he though I really looked beautiful at the moment. Which promptly made me burst into floods of tears... grin

Memphisbelly Thu 21-Aug-14 09:41:45

bimberley.....no one gets excited about hoovers grin grin but that is how exciting my life is that is the only news I would have to update my status.

Memphisbelly Thu 21-Aug-14 09:51:28

in other news dh has finally given in to my moaning and agreed to an early gender scan uf she can fit me in over weekend that is!

suzimagoozi Thu 21-Aug-14 10:23:23

Have been keeping up to date but been ages since I posted. 17 weeks today smile Any idea how I edit the spreadsheet to include my due date? I'm in the TBA category ATM. So impatient to feel some gurgles/bubbles/butterflies. Lay awake half the night last night waiting for them but no luck. Thank goodness I got to hear the heartbeat at 16 week MF app. on Monday or I would be freaking out. Anyone else 17 weeks and not felt them yet?

suzimagoozi Thu 21-Aug-14 10:26:01

Memphis wish my DH would agree to the gender scan! I had an early dating scan as hadn't had a period for nearly a year after coming off the pill so had no idea of DD. Because of that expense I've not little chance of arguing for another private one! Roll on 20 weeks!

BanglesSpangles Thu 21-Aug-14 10:36:29

suzi- i think i set it up so anyone can just go in and edit it, but perhaps I didn't! What's your DD? I'll move you

Memphis- you've made me want an early gender scan now! Wonder if DH will relent. Found out they do them just down the road for £39 at mothercare- only downside is they're only available for weeks 18-22... if I get all the way to week 18, i guess i may as well save the cash and wait the extra fortnight for the NHS one, unless i can cheat the system somehow...

BanglesSpangles Thu 21-Aug-14 10:48:55

hahaha- just messaged him- no need to persuade him to relent- he asked if we could go on saturday :D bit early yet, but nice to know he's as impatient as i am!

suzimagoozi Thu 21-Aug-14 10:59:40

Bangles 29 Jan. Wouldn't be surprised if it's revised again. I think it's the 3rd I've been given.

Any other teachers on here with that 'nearly back to school' feeling in the pit of your stomach? sad

BanglesSpangles Thu 21-Aug-14 11:02:21

done and done smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now