Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's no April fool part 2- due April 2015

(1000 Posts)
Cisforcat Sun 17-Aug-14 08:26:33

Part 2 of our bus journey.....

dancestomyowntune Sun 17-Aug-14 08:33:28

thanks for starting the new thread.

SquattingNeville Sun 17-Aug-14 08:35:48

I wonder how many threads we'll get to by April!

Dances - I replied to you on the old thread blush How are you feeling this morning?

Wineandchoccy Sun 17-Aug-14 08:45:20

Thanks for the new thread.

Can I be nosy and ask a few questions about you all?

How old is your other half?
My DH is 35.

How long have you been together?
Together for 12 years and married for 6 years.

Where do you live?
Lancashire.

Thanks for the new thread cis.

Dances I hope you get some answers today.

Squatting I really fancied a poached egg this morning but like mine quite runny, I had a panicky moment with if runny eggs are ok if lion stamped?

Wine, I'm 27, 28 in October. DP is 31. We've been together 8 years, not married. We live in Cambridgeshire.

That didn't make sense, I know lion stamp is a good thing. I just meant I wasn't sure if even with the stamp you were still meant to cook them all the way through!

dancestomyowntune Sun 17-Aug-14 09:03:27

i think i'm going to ring the ward. i am trying to be positive and praying its nothing too serious, but its made me realise how desperate i am for this baby. sad the bleeding is def only when i urinate, and then not a lot.

in answer to the questions; dh is 32, we have been together 14 years, married for nine and we live in the south west. devon. smile

SquattingNeville Sun 17-Aug-14 09:12:07

Mine was runny blush I had completely forgotten about runny eggs being on the bad list.

Just did some quick research and it's because of the risk of salmonella - however this article has some good information on the subject. UK produced eggs are all laid by hens that are vaccinated against salmonella.

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2010/mar/03/pregnancy-salmonella-eggs

I think I'll have to stick to fully cooked eggs in future then, unless someone please comes along and says that it's fine. And there I was last night telling DP "no of course I can't have pâté and oatcakes, thank you for reminding me!" blush

Wineandchoccy Sun 17-Aug-14 09:13:06

dances it does sound more like a urine or kidney infection if the bleeding is only when you urinate. I hope the hospital puts your mind at rest.

SquattingNeville Sun 17-Aug-14 09:19:17

To answer the questions: DP is 31 (32 in a month), we've been together 3 years and I'm in central Scotland. DP is about to have his GTA5 disc thrown out the window because he keeps putting it on in front of DS, no matter how many times I ask him not to because there is not a single thing about the damn game that is appropriate for an 18 month old angry

ladyflower23 Sun 17-Aug-14 09:26:12

I think you should ring the ward dances and if it is a kidney problem you need to get it sorted asap. Don't want it to get really nasty.
Wine my dh is 39 we've been together 8 years and we live near Brighton.
I was sad about not having runny poached eggs anymore but now totes gone off egg anyway.
Why are we still not 12 weeks yet?

Ring either or both and I'm sure you'll be directed to the right place dancestomyowntune.

Yes lion stamped eggs are vaccinated so should be safe but as far as I know soft eggs are still on the no list afaik SquattingNeville

Feel free to be nosey Wineandchoccy! My dh is 48, we've been together almost 10 years and married 8, live in Suffolk.

Cassieyellow Sun 17-Aug-14 09:40:07

Morning all. Wow, 3 days away and there's a whole lot to catch up on. Hello to new people, commiserations to those with horrible news / wobbles and pats on the backs to those getting reassurance. So many highs and lows... Sorry to not comment individually.

Anyone with contact lenses finding them uncomfortable and eyes dry? I can't remember if had this last time. My husband is 32, we have been together 4 years and we now live in Naaarfolkkkk.

Close ish to CassieYellow and StopEatingThatMud smile

leothecentipede Sun 17-Aug-14 10:08:55

Hello. I have been lurking a while but would like to join now. I am 7+2 EDD 3rd April. I have 2DS's who are 9 and 5. I am 31 DH 34 and I am in Scotland.
Sorry to those of you who are having a scary time, I have my fingers crossed for you. Always go with your gut instinct is what I have always believed. Midwives are used to worrying and there's no such thing as a stupid question.
I have had nausea and sore boobs so far so pretty much the usual symptoms. Booking appointment is 1st September so looking forward to that. I think I'll get a scan date then too. I got a huge booklet through with my booking appointment full of info about screening tests. I have said no to them. Is anyone having them? Nuchal translucency tests etc?
We have told close family but not public yet and certainly not my work until either 12 week scan or I am too sick to hide it!
Hope you are all having a nice Sunday.

dancestomyowntune Sun 17-Aug-14 10:12:38

i rang the hospital and then out of hours. now waiting for the dr to ring back and expecting to be seen in the next couple of hours. i do think its kidney related but best to get seen.

Smileyaxolotl1 Sun 17-Aug-14 10:39:16

Hi everyone - am keeping fingers crossed for everyone with scares.
Thank you to those of you who gave me wedding advice at the beginning of the thread. It went really well and the adrenaline kept me going.
Btw my Dh is 33 been together 6 years and married for a few days. I live in south east London/ Kent.

BitchPeas Sun 17-Aug-14 10:39:21

Hopefully you don't have to wait to long dances Fx everything's ok flowers

DP is 25 same as me, we live on the London/Surrey border. Together 2 years, not married.

Twittwooo Sun 17-Aug-14 10:54:12

Dances, I hope your mum is right as although uncomfortable, that would be a relief. Let us know how you get on, keeping everything crossed for you. My husband is 37, we've been together for 16 years (married for 4) and I'm another Scottish mama.

BananaToast Sun 17-Aug-14 11:10:17

Hope you manage to get seen dances.

Glad you had a lovely wedding Smiley - congratulations!

My DH is 32, been together 7 years, married 1, and live in SW London - probably not too far from BitchPeas.

Still spotting but lines on tests continuing to get stronger every day. Starting to think maybe I'm one of these people who just has a v light bleed when their period would have been. Will be interesting to see if it stops next week.

dancestomyowntune Sun 17-Aug-14 11:29:13

so seen the out of hours dr. he doesn't think its a miscarriage. he dipsticked urine and yes, protien+++ in urine but no other sign of infection or blood in that sample sad he did say that he's been caught out before tho. advised to take it easy and see gp if worried in a few days. already have app for wednesday for bp so hopefully just a blip and can be put down to breakthrough bleed or something and we'll be fine. feel a bit reassured smile

Misty414 Sun 17-Aug-14 11:32:32

Morning all. I'm a bit scared to reveal much more that would identify me at the moment. I don't want work to find out for a while and at least not until I know if it will be ok.

Dances I hope it's a uti and nothing more.

Misty414 Sun 17-Aug-14 11:33:36

Sorry cross post. Glad to hear that the doctor was positive.

leothecentipede Sun 17-Aug-14 11:35:38

Just bringing the list over and adding myself in.

ladyflower, 33, DC#2, EDD 29 March
weeblueberry, 30, DC#2, EDD 30 March
bluefreckles, 31, DC#1, 31 March
Misty414, 29, DC#1, EDD 31 March
Cisforcat, 31, DC#2, EDD 1 April
Riverrocks, 30, DC#1, EDD 1 April
roastpots, ?, DC#2, EDD 1 April
yorkshirelass82, 31, DC#1, EDD 2 April
Lila35, 35, DC#1, EDD 3 April
RumnoRaisins, ?, DC#2, EDD 3 April
Chickenme, 38, DC#1, EDD 3 April
Smileyaxolot1, 35 DC #1, EDD 3 April
leothecentipede 31 DC #3 EDD 3 April
Lindalove, 38, DC#1, EDD 4 April
lozzg82, 32, DC#1, EDD 4 April
cassieyellow, 34, DC#2, EDD 4 April
MonkeygonetoHeaven, 36, DC#1, EDD 4 April
minipie, 34, DC#2, EDD 5 April
Dancetomyowntune, 31, DC#5, EDD 5 April
catellington, 34, DC#2, EDD 5 April
chiliplant, 32, DC#?, EDD 5 April
Pyrowall, 35, DC#2, EDD 5 April
Phryn, 32, DC#1, EDD 5 April
Lucy61, 33, DC#2, EDD 6 April
mamabear0315, 24, DC#2, EDD early April
nightshade1, ?, DC#3, EDD 7 April
GinRickey, 34, DC#1, EDD 7 April
EssenceofGelfling, 33, DC#3, EDD 8 April
Cinnamongreyhound, 33, DC#3, EDD 8 April
tryinghard2, 28, DC#1, EDD 8 April
JeewizzJen, ?, DC#2, EDD 8 April
Rustyzilla, 33, DC#1, EDD 9 April
CatRen27, 31, DC#1, EDD 9 April
BrixtonBunny, 26, DC#1, EDD 10 April
BinarySolo, 37, DC#3, EDD 10 April
Ifitsnotanarse, ?, DC#3, EDD 11 April
PollyBirdy, 34, DC#1, EDD 11 April
Fingerscrossed36, ?, DC#?, EDD 12 April
Berberana, 33, DC#2, EDD 12 April
Don't worry Baldrick, ?, DC#1, EDD 13 April
peppercorn28, ?, DC#1, EDD 13 April
Littleluna89, 25, DC#2, EDD 13 April
scattaboy, ?, DC#3, EDD 15 April
Scaredycat2014, 34, DC#1, EDD 16 April
Wineandchoccy, 33, DC#1, EDD 16 April
1987ls, ?, DC#?, EDD 17 April
LadyNovember, 25, DC#1, EDD 17 April
CareBearWithFangs, ?, DC#2, EDD 17 April
bitchpeas, 25, DC#2, EDD 18 April
LiveIn, ?, DC#2, EDD 19 April
Chococroc, 31, DC#1, EDD 20 April
MustBeDueSomeBetterFeet, ?, DC#2, EDD 20 April
SquattingNeville, 24, DC#2, EDD 21 April
mrscog, ?, DC#2, EDD 22 April
BananaToast, 26, DC#1, EDD 22 April
SingingSoftly, 32,DC#1, EDD 22 April
HippoPottyMouth, 38, DC#3, EDD 23 April
kellbells, 36, DC#2, EDD 25 April

Waiting for EDD:

AmIIndecisive, ?, DC#3, EDD ?
LadesC, 37, DC#1, EDD ?
Scratchandsniff, 33, DC#2, EDD ?
Twittwooo, ?, DC#2, EDD?
berberana, ?, DC#2, EDD ?
Wheredidiparkmybroom, 34, DC#3, EDD ?

WigglyBraddins, 35, DC#2, EDD ?
kashers2412 - ?
helloworld19 - ?
TeaAffecionado - ?

leothecentipede Sun 17-Aug-14 11:36:46

Dances fingers crossed for you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.