Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Shagging - Thread 11 for Graduated Viroids!

(1000 Posts)
JuniDD Sun 17-Aug-14 06:27:40

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the 11th grads thread...celebrating the success of Just Shagging in getting us viroids upduffed grin

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The thread we have graduated from is here in its 27th outing.

There is also a Just Mumming thread in postnatal here once your babies come along, or to keep up with the graduated graduates!

There is also a secret facebook group, if you want to join, ask in-thread.

So, roll call below please, viroids! smile

Minion Sun 17-Aug-14 07:59:12

Morning morning!
Cor, we chat don't we? Seems not long ago we did this..
Ok..
Name: minion
Sproglets: 1 currently kicking merrily away, possibly awaiting breakfast. Due around December 10!

Nessalina Sun 17-Aug-14 08:15:08

HOOOOONK that's a klaxon dontcha know

Name: Nessa
Kids: just the one brewing! A boy, due 4th Nov.

Thanks for the new thread Juni - you're next! grin

RPopz Sun 17-Aug-14 08:41:00

Helloooo!

Name: Rpopz
DCs: Number one due 3rd January smile

20+1 - past the halfway point!! shock

DrFunkesFamilyBandSolution Sun 17-Aug-14 08:50:45

I keep falling off fred;

Name: Minion
Sproglets: 1 currently kicking merrily away, possibly awaiting breakfast. Due around December 10!

Name: Nessa
Kids: just the one brewing! A boy, due 4th Nov.

Name: Rpopz
DCs: Number one due 3rd January

Name: Dr Funke
DC: DS1 (2yrs), DS2 (1yr our first JS baby), Due DC3 13th Dec!

I've not had PGP in pregnancy before so feeling so useless and feeble atm (dh is having to push the trolley at he supermarket etc), hope everyone else is more comfortable!
How wonderful is it that it's finally cooled down?!

Nessalina Sun 17-Aug-14 09:01:41

Tell me about it! I can finally sleep in these temperatures!! grin

JuniDD Sun 17-Aug-14 09:05:54

Name: Junidd
DCs: this is #1
EDD: 21 October - am nearly 31 weeks now.

Am on phone now so sorry not to do full roll.

littleluna89 Mon 18-Aug-14 09:19:32

Name: Luna
DCs: 1 DD 21 months
EDD: 13th March from last period, but yet to be confirmed by scan.

Some people were talking about breast pumps in the last Fred, I have a Medea mini electric plus. It was just similar enough to the one the hospital head that I felt confident using it, but not quite as powerful.

It proved to be a bit of a lifesaver as DD was 4 weeks prem and quite weak due to her diddyness, and after being kicked out of the hospital too early then dragged back in due to weight loss (that I had told them would happen if they kicked us out and they didn't listen) it was the only way I could get breast milk into her as a nurse had (incorrectly) told us we were only going to get DD back home if she as bottle feeding.

This time round I will express between feeds from the beginning so I can top her up a bit at the end of feeds.

laurenamium Mon 18-Aug-14 10:00:32

Morning smile

Name: Lauren
Children: 1 DD age 3 currently talking to her toy ponies in an awful American accent. Cooking number 2 very early days (about 4 weeks)

I can feel the nausea creeping up confused I was really bad with DD and when I wake up on a morning I'm starting to feel queasy. Not too bad just yet but I give it another couple of weeks and I just know I'm going to be cuddling the toilet!

wilmabedrock Mon 18-Aug-14 10:28:48

Hellloooo

Name: Wil
Sproglets: 1 (2 yrs) and one cooking (18 weeks).

I'm freezing, I want the sun back!

JuniDD Mon 18-Aug-14 10:58:16

There's sun down here wil and I'm boiling. It's also grey and cloudy but that little bit of sun is burning me up, I tell ya!

Thanks for the doula link info, will check that out.

ZylaB Mon 18-Aug-14 11:07:40

Name: ZylaB
DCs: this is number 1 but already have 3 cats smile
EDD: either 5th or 9th march but probably in February sometime.

I'm hoping to get my nifty results this week, or start of next. Distract me so I don't fret!

RPopz Mon 18-Aug-14 11:50:19

It'll be fiiiiiine Zyla! smile

I just fired our asshat dog walker/ sitter. He is TOTALLY in the wrong but I'm still the one having anxiety pains about it.... Stoopid brain.

RPopz Mon 18-Aug-14 11:50:49

Does that mean you'll know the sex then too Zyla!!!?? grin

laurenamium Mon 18-Aug-14 12:09:39

Oh no rpopz how come? If he's in the wrong you definitely did the right thing!

I just went to check on the guinea pig and the summer house door was swinging open, I couldn't see anything missing but the bottom panel was smashed too! So I went on to high alert. Armed myself with a hammer and checked the garage and potting shed in case of intruders...found nothing missing and no one hiding. Ring DP for him to tell me he noticed the panel out last week hmm at least I had a practice run for if there was actual intruders! grin

ZylaB Mon 18-Aug-14 13:29:51

Omg! Bad dog walkers and pg women with hammers!! Drama!

What did he do rpopz? And yes, we're finding out which variety we're having smile

FurryScoob Mon 18-Aug-14 14:05:37

Name: Furryscoob
DC's: Number 1 on the way
EDD: 8th November, 12 weeks to go! confused

Had another scan thismorning to check everything's ok after the bleeding, baby's fine measuring exactly right for dates. She's now head down & the kicks I thought I was feeling are actually elbows wiggling about!

wilmabedrock Mon 18-Aug-14 14:47:33

Good news scoob!

Don't fret zyla. Harness that zen and only fret if there is something to fret about.

I hate doing stuff like that aswell popz. Any confrontation scares the bejesus out of me. I would have made MrWil do it grin . So well done, very proud of you.

So fecking tired so sitting on the couch having a brew. Thank the lord I don't work full time.

ZylaB Mon 18-Aug-14 15:53:27

Ooh a grown up serious discussion about names, starting to feel real smile

RPopz Mon 18-Aug-14 16:56:09

Hahaha "variety" wink That is very exciting.

Ahh Laura it's a long story.... Basically he's insistent on shoving his arrogant, ill informed and outdated theories on dog behaviour down our throats... (Despite not ever a actually being asked hmm ) He desperately wants us to have our dog neutered, for his convenience, and has been inventing phantom behavioural issues for our dog. (who he spends approx 3 hours a week with on average...). The worst of which was "I'm worried he'll maul your baby!" Puleease. He started another blazing row about it yesterday despite us trying to deflect his comments and avoid getting into an argument. He was basically being a bit of a bully. And I've had enough, so he's gone. I'm not convinced the dog has been happy with him recent weeks anyway. It's just awks cos I work with his wife and she is lovely but blates agrees with him.

I'm wearing my new asos maternity dress tho. So at least I looks fab wink

Nessalina Mon 18-Aug-14 17:05:25

Well done Popz! It's so hard to be firm and not feel guilty even when you're sooo in the right!!

I've got home early from work so I'm dragging lucky DH off to Ikea to get some shelves and storage boxes! grin

Had my blood tests back after week 28 bloods and apparently my iron levels are 'borderline' which means I have to go back again tomorrow for them to steal more blood confused Because that'll help if I'm anaemic!!

ZylaB Mon 18-Aug-14 17:18:50

Good job rpopz you need to be happy with him! as well as your dog being happy with him!

Hope you survive ikea and the blood taking ness smile

laurenamium Mon 18-Aug-14 17:36:51

Sounds like you definitely did the right thing popz shock I think I would punch someone if they told me my dog would maul my baby!

Good luck with the blood ness! And eat lots of spinach!

I've started manically doing my pelvic floor exercises! I only just recently regained enough pelvic floor after DD to stop my wee mid flow. There's no way I'm making that mistake twice!

Zyla do you have any favourite names? Are you going to tell people when you decide or keep it secret until baby arrives?

ZylaB Mon 18-Aug-14 18:05:56

lauren I think we have a definite or almost definite girls name picked that we both love and 3 boys names we're discussing at the moment, when I know if it's a boy or a girl then I'll know if we have to narrow it down or not smile

We'll be telling people if it's a boy or a girl, but will be keeping the name secret until baby's born, just in case we look at them and change our minds!
Also I want to have something that's secret to us smile

ZylaB Mon 18-Aug-14 18:06:15

Though I'm very very tempted to discuss them on here hehehe

This thread is not accepting new messages.