Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 14. thread 11?! Will be see any babies in this thread?

(1000 Posts)
mrsb87 Fri 15-Aug-14 07:52:35

Plonk your bums down ladies!

Woo first post! grin

fedupofrainydays Fri 15-Aug-14 07:57:14

Marking spot. Thanks mrs

Back hurts today. Today's complaint! 33 weeks today. A further 7 feels somewhat challenging! But at same time I'm not ready to the baby yet!

mrsb87 Fri 15-Aug-14 08:00:46

Yep, seems a long bloody time away yet but nowhere near enough time to make sure we have everything! Bought my first few newborn fluff nappies last night! Can't wait for them to arrive!

Settling into thread in an ungainly manner...

binkybunny Fri 15-Aug-14 08:09:07

Marking spot.. ooo title is a bit scary, wonder who's going to have the first baby?!

Now i have that honour i will write something proper!

I am a newbie here carebear so don't remember you but congratulations anyway!

me, so glad you are home now, fingers crossed for an event free end to your pregnancy now smile

Can't remember who was asking about braxton hicks but i have had quite a few this pregnancy. For me it makes my bump go really hard & tight & can sometimes make me breathless too. Sometimes i am not sure if its a BH or if baby is just having a really big stretch though!

DS has been in a toddler bed this week, he's been brilliant at falling & staying asleep but has woken up before 6am everyday this week [yawn]. Definitely napping with him today!

STIGZ Fri 15-Aug-14 08:13:42

Cant beleive we might have a thread that babies might make an appearence !!! ..... Arrghaaaa its getting so close ladies ... smile

I had a dream last night that i was in labour, it was really nice & relaxed ... I seen the baby in it but thought she looked like a boy ? It was so real .. I woke up looking for a crib beside me !!

TheBuggerlugs Fri 15-Aug-14 08:24:57

Morning all. Desite being 30+4 I still can't quite believe this is actually happening. I finish work 4 weeks today, again mat leave being something I didn't ever think I'd experience. I just want baby safe and in my arms but not until at least October.

Those with heartburn please get on to your Drs. The acid will rot your esophagus (sp) and do no good to your teeth either. Ratindine is the future, promise.

Sparkle9 Fri 15-Aug-14 08:51:03

A lovey new thread! 29 weeks and 2 days. 10 weeks and 5 days to due date. I'm enjoying being pregnant so trying not to wish the time away. I still have 8 weeks to go before mat leave begins.

sazzlehopes Fri 15-Aug-14 08:54:51

Waddling in to mark place...thanks mrs for the new thread.

binky I'm an illustrator so glorified colouring in IS my job...hahaha!

For any freelancers out there I can't remember what to do about mat pay. Do I need to tell someone, or fill in a form? It was so long ago last time I've completely forgotten! Maybe I'll check online, or with my accountant perhaps....

clairemiss79 Fri 15-Aug-14 09:26:39

Hiya I'd like to join this thread if I may. I've been lurking but it's just too exciting now to lurk any longer! I'm due my 4th baby on 15th Oct and cannot wait. I count every single day - 31 +2 today. Good luck to all the lovely ladies on this thread and it will be so exciting to see who's first x

smallmeades Fri 15-Aug-14 09:51:28

Hi everyone, may I join you? I'm due on the 11th October, it's all starting to feel very real and exciting now! Hope everyone is ok :-)

mrsb87 Fri 15-Aug-14 09:51:32

Welcome claire, find yourself a comfy spot smile have you had a good pregnancy so far?

Missus2ndwife Fri 15-Aug-14 09:52:07

Sparkle & Yellow: I'm due 28 Oct so glad to see some other late babies on this thread.

Today is the last day of our holiday as a twosome. Not only has it been unbearably hot (I've spent it mostly under an umbrella) but I have also suddenly ballooned and now look enormous & ready to give birth at only 29 weeks confused

I am also struggling with acid reflux & heartburn, living off gaviscon tablets.

clairemiss79 Fri 15-Aug-14 10:14:18

Hi mrsb87 my pregnancy has had its ups and downs. I was given a high risk result - >1 in 5 at my screening at 12 weeks. All ok so far but have to have extra scans etc. I was also signed off work at 21 weeks! I'm impressed by those on the thread working up to 36 weeks!
I suddenly feel enormous. Heartburn not too bad and spd that is manageable.
Missus I also ballooned at 29 weeks. Trimester 3 hit me like a ton of bricks smile

mrsb87 Fri 15-Aug-14 10:24:35

buggerlugs I think I may take your advice, heartburn is awful today and like kirsti I can't when contemplate gaviscon! Yuck!
claire I have continued to balloon, I feel like a hippo these days. If anything falls on the floor there is no chance of me getting down there to get it. Anything below ankle height is in the twilight zone!

clairemiss79 Fri 15-Aug-14 10:29:47

Mrs I found omeprazole amazing for heartburn. It stopped it arriving in the first place. Haha I know what u mean about the twilight zone. I've perfected the ttechnique of lifting stuff up with my toes!

SweetPeaPods Fri 15-Aug-14 10:50:56

Hi everyone, marking place on new thread. 8 weeks to go and counting....
I have a niggling feeling this one is going to come early though, hopefully not too early!

FatFlashingLazer Fri 15-Aug-14 11:31:23

Hi all. I hope it's ok for me to join in too. I have also been lurking a while and finding the threads really helpful.

This is my first baby and I'm also due a bit later on in October on 23rd. I don't think I've had it too tough overall this pregnancy so far, but starting to feel pretty uncomfortable and the back ache is really kicking in!

I'm trying not to over do it, but we moved about 8 weeks ago to a house that needs total redecoration, so I've been trying to help with as much of that as I can so its not all left to DH but to be honest I've not been much use the last few weeks. Our parents and friends keep telling us we don't need to get it all done right away but I think I'm just worried that if we don't do it now it might never get done once the baby arrives!

I have an appointment later for the whooping cough injection - hoping it doesn't make me feel too terrible afterwards...

Kirstipops Fri 15-Aug-14 11:34:52

Hi Claire and Small, welcome smile Nice to see peeps still joining at this stage.
Thanks for the new thread Mrsb - at the rate we go through them we may be at thread 13-14 before a baby arrives haha!
Sweetpea I also have a weird inkling I'll be late, I have between 3-6th of October in my head but no reason why!
Lugs I think I'll mention to my MW on Monday about the reflux and hopefully get something then, I propped myself up with lots of cushions last night in bed and struggled to drop off initially, but ironically I woke up this morning with zero back pain, first time in weeks! So maybe the reflux did me a favour!

Kirstipops Fri 15-Aug-14 11:36:08

Welcome Fatflashing- crossed post!

binkybunny Fri 15-Aug-14 11:36:57

1 cake done and cooling, 1 cake in the oven and 2 still to go. Sat with feet up on the sofa having a teary moment. Horrid Braxton Hicks and struggling to have the energy to keep going. Cake making is not normally this flipping difficult, must remember I need to slowdown hmm

Ok must think of nice positive things to write as I do seem to complain a lot blush

MrsBadCrumble74 Fri 15-Aug-14 12:26:08

Waddles over to new thread and parks mahoosive bottom on Swiss ball. Hope everyone is feeling ok today and welcome to all the newbies.

For the lady who is a freelancer, I am self employed and filled out the forms for the Maternity Allowance on the gov website. All very straightforward.

Sparkle9 Fri 15-Aug-14 12:26:30

I had my 28 week bloods taken last week and today I got a lette through saying an appointment has been made for repeat tests a month from those ones. I phoned to ask why and the receptionist just said that the doctor had requested this. She's going to get a nurse to phone back. Any ideas? I don't even know what these blood tests were looking for!

This thread is not accepting new messages.