Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2015 mummies

(1000 Posts)
M27J5M Mon 04-Aug-14 13:09:54

Thread number 3

M27J5M Mon 04-Aug-14 13:10:43

Can't believe we've made it to another thread already! Sorry to hear that Charlie, big hugs

DurhamRed Mon 04-Aug-14 13:14:51

Oh North & Charlie I'm so so sorry. Big hugs to you both xx

bradderswantsababy Mon 04-Aug-14 13:27:59

So sorry to hear your news North and charlie xx

mariomadmum Mon 04-Aug-14 13:30:30

so I had another scan today. still couldnt see baby, but the sac has more than doubled in size and now we can see the yolk sac thing. another scan next week. hopefully there will be a baby in there and I can start to relax. at the moment im all over the place and dont know what to think. still sick as a pig and sore boobs so I'm trying to keep positive.

pinkandstripey Mon 04-Aug-14 13:31:58

So very sorry north and charlie. Take care of yourselves xxx

mariomadmum Mon 04-Aug-14 13:32:05

gosh, so sorry north and charlie. big hugs xxxx

Butterpuff Mon 04-Aug-14 13:45:48

Hello all,

So much to catch up on after a weekend away.

So sorry North and Charlie, take care.

congrats to the newbies and Mario for your successful scan.

FlipFlippingFlippers Mon 04-Aug-14 14:09:42

flowers wine and cake for all those with sad news. Thinking of you all.

Marama Mon 04-Aug-14 14:16:01

Very sorry to hear that, north and charlie.

FoscarC Mon 04-Aug-14 14:21:53

So sorry to hear that north and charlie

So scary to think that we are still not out of the woods. God I can't wait for my scan so that I know everything is ok. It's Scary stuff.

ApplebyMennym Mon 04-Aug-14 14:41:26

north and Charlie I'm so sorry. Take care of yourselves ladies.

I'm still here everyone, glad I found the new thread! Still really suffering from nausea and tiredness. Haven't actually been sick since the last time I posted about it, but the constant feeling sick is possibly worse!

Handed in my midwife form at the Doctor's surgery, so just awaiting a call from them hopefully soon.

I told my oldest friend who came to visit at the weekend and she was really thrilled which was lovely.

I really want to get my maternity clothes and all of ds2's baby bits out. I don't think any of my maternity clothes from last time will for, but I need to know so I can sell them on and get new ones. The baby stuff needs to be sorted too, ds2 was a winter baby and this one will be spring so some things will be the wrong size at the wrong time. All our stuff is in my parents' loft though, since we moved from a large house to a small one when ds2 was 11 months. Could do with moving again really but we can't afford it at the moment!

Sorry to everyone who is still suffering, I know a few of you have it far worse than me with actual sickness so I feel a bit daft moaning!

persepolis123 Mon 04-Aug-14 14:53:08

north and charlie take care of yourselves x

appleby sorry you are suffering too. We could also do with moving house, we live in a small 2 bed new build house which would be perfect with a third bedroom and extra reception room. I am planning on being a SAHM when DC2 is here and 3 bedroom houses around here are ridiculous prices so moving is out of the question for the foreseeable unfortunately. Hopefully one day.

ELA88 Mon 04-Aug-14 14:54:51

So sorry north and charlie xxx

I phoned my GP this morning and they said that I have to refer myself to the maternity unit at the local hospital so gave me their number. Had to leave a voicemail and it said they would get back in 5 days, how long do you think it would take to actually get a midwife appointment? I'm concerned I don't actually know the date for sure! Xxx

MGFM Mon 04-Aug-14 15:16:21

north Charlie so sorry for both of you. :-( VERY sad news.

I am struggling with nausea. I can't stand the sight of meat or veg. However having said that I did 35 km mountain biking through the Cotswolds yesterday with dh. Most off road and the only time I felt sick was when we stopped. Wierd. In Wales now for 2nd stop on our mini staycation. Then off to Mexico on Friday! I hope nausea subsides by then.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying to cooler weather and feeling better.

notoasthere Mon 04-Aug-14 15:28:48

So sorry to hear sad news from charlie and north today.

hyperspacebug Mon 04-Aug-14 15:50:06

I'm so sorry (((north and charlie)))

HollyBen Mon 04-Aug-14 15:53:17

So so sorry to hear your news north and charlie. Take care of yourselves xx

Mer93 Mon 04-Aug-14 15:55:46

Just about to head to the doctors.. Hopefully will find out why I've been bleeding. It is stopping today, and the cramps stopped on friday. But still very nervous.

Butterpuff Mon 04-Aug-14 16:01:44

Good luck Mer hope they have positive news for you.

Marama Mon 04-Aug-14 16:05:57

Mer93 - good luck. I was spotting a bit from the time I found out about my pregnancy (17 June) to a week later. I went to see the doctor twice in that time - the first time he said that if it didn't go away, to come in and see him. The second time he booked me in for a scan, which I had last Monday. I was only 6 weeks then, but they found a heartbeat and everything was fine.

The nurse explained it to me this way: you have hormones controlling your period, and hormones controlling your pregnancy. In the first 12 weeks, they fight until eventually the pregnancy hormones overcome the period ones. It does mean that some women do get spotting, but there should be no cause for concern. Hopefully, that's what's going on with you.

hyperspacebug Mon 04-Aug-14 16:20:05

Good luck Mer93 - does the bleeding correspond with the time your body is expecting period? Hope you find out much sooner than later.

persepolis123 Mon 04-Aug-14 16:40:18

Good luck Mer93. Hope it goes well and they are able to give you an explanation.

WittgensteinsBunny Mon 04-Aug-14 16:47:08

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies.

north and charlie so sorry to read your news sad Look after yourselves. X

littlemissy12345 Mon 04-Aug-14 17:20:25

I'm so sorry charlie and north, hope you've got someone to look after you.

My scan went well (after more spotting this morning) showed 5mm CRL (6 weeks -I reckoned 6+2) and strong fast heartbeat. I'm so relieved.

This thread is not accepting new messages.