Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2014- will there be any babies yet??

(1000 Posts)
ilovemonstersInc Fri 25-Jul-14 11:20:05

Last thread nearly full.

Will we get to meet any of these babies soon?

xxmissbrightsidexx Fri 25-Jul-14 12:13:23

Marking place x exciting that this will most probably be the thread where the babies start to arrive x

ilovemonstersInc Fri 25-Jul-14 12:17:43

Yup. Very excited! And this isnt my first either. This is my 3rd and im still excited lol.

KitKat1985 Fri 25-Jul-14 12:20:10

Also place marking! smile This is going to be such an exciting thread!

AlwaysandForever09 Fri 25-Jul-14 12:23:11

I can't believe how quick these months are going!
I saw mw on Wednesday, she's going to refer me to physio for my pains, as they have got really bad last few days really struggling to get up and walk anywhere! If I don't get the referral through before baby arrives I'm going private!
Baby is measuring for what he should be now too, so think it's just gonna be another big baby!

whiteblossom Fri 25-Jul-14 13:25:35

don't even blink a knitted rabbit sounds just lovely! I like to sew, so I made some curtains and some fabric pics for babys room and ds is going to help me make some bunting (either traditional or elephant felt ones) over the school hols.

ilovemonstersInc Fri 25-Jul-14 13:42:04

I wish I had thr time tk sew I used to love it!
Need a good machine though too.
Its our 5th anniversary soon. Dont know what to get dh.
Any ideas?

topmammy Fri 25-Jul-14 14:41:17

Marking my place on the new thread (omg!). Well there might well be babies born on this thread - I'm guessing maybe iloves and mine since we're due in August! Anyone else late August, early Sept?

Went into town with DH earlier and found it pretty difficult walking due to sharp pains up my woo every few steps! I can see that I will probably be housebound at the end of this pregnancy lol.

white I think it was you who said they are starting to do some batch cooking? That's a good idea. I need to do this too!

Well, TMI but did the good old massaging the perineum again last night..... I think I am slowing starting to get the hang of it. It feels very odd and stingy though.

Linds186 Fri 25-Jul-14 15:13:48

Hi All, new to Mumsnet and motherhood for that matter. I am due early Sept so thought it would be best to start looking at message boards of this sort because I am sure I'll have loads of questions in due course.

whiteblossom Fri 25-Jul-14 15:28:30

welcome Linds smile

top Yes, Im hoping to start batch cooking next week, Im hoping to get three months worth of evening meals- healthy filling just add veg or salad type of things. My parents have loads of freezer space so I they will either drop a few tubs at a time off or Ill pick something up on my daily walk.

ilove that's the thing with sewing you need to find the time and space to crack on with something- not easy.

For those that already have kids what sort of thing are you thinking of as a gift from baby. I was thinking a digi camera, ds is 8 so thought he would love the responsibility of taking pics when baby is born. Argos do some very cheap ones. what do you think?

topmammy Fri 25-Jul-14 15:45:56

Sounds like a good plan white. What kind of thing were you thinking of cooking and what type of container are you going to freeze it in? I need all the tips I can get lol.

Welcome Linds smile

RedToothBrush Fri 25-Jul-14 15:56:33

I was trying to sew up fitted sheets for crib (from a king size sheet which is my favourite colour that got a hole in) Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do, as I am struggling to pin the damn thing up or thread a needle with my swollen fingers and painful joints in my hands.

Fortunately my mum has offered to do, if I can measure up the sheets and cut them out ready to be sown.

I think there are quite a few people due first week in September if I remember correctly. If you think about it though, its been brilliant that no one has popped yet though. It means everyone has got to the 30 week mark which is great going. And its especially good that Ilove has made it to this thread! One more week until you are 'term' isn't it?

My iron levels are low again. Not good. Haven't got the results yet mind - I'm hoping its still borderline. No one was that bothered by the result last time, especially as I had missed iron tablets accidentally, but it seems it hasn't improved so its a bit more worrying. I hadn't realised that low iron levels and CS are not a good combination before, so really need to get it up. This afternoon, I've felt particularly weak. But I have no idea if its the weather (as I'm always crap in hot weather), low blood sugar or low iron. I just feel crap. Trying to keep my fluid level up.

Ilove, if it helps 5th Anniversary is wood. DH carved me a little wooden heart for ours. He just decided on the day to sit watching tv after dinner and do it. We don't really 'do' much for anniversaries so it was really lovely thought.

white I love photography, so a camera is always an amazing suggestion in my book. I wouldn't worry if its a basic one - the point is to get kids to learn to take pictures and to love doing it.

ilovemonstersInc Fri 25-Jul-14 16:35:05

Welcome linds

blossom with ds1s sn most of my time revolves around him and sorting appointments out, contacting hcps etc.

Red. I didn't think id make it this far and now I have I want him out lol. Still getting pains but I can cope. If im more dilated than last time (1cm would be brill lol) then I will get a sweep on Wednesday. If im not then the week after next will be when I start getting regular sweeps. I also have a growth scan on Wednesday too.

ContentedLittleMummy Fri 25-Jul-14 16:36:27

Baby number three here. So over being pregnant in this heat, first summer baby. Two under 4 at home are really trying my patience and my hormones sobs

ilovemonstersInc Fri 25-Jul-14 16:38:08

We normally go out for anniversaries amd birthday's as ds1 has food issues he enjoys eating out and ds2 does too so its win win for all of us. Hmmm. I made a collage thingy on my phone. Was thinking of getting it printed and putting it in a nice frame for dh.
Dh will ask me what I want. I wanted some gold. Atm Asian gold isnt cheap so will keep that one to myself until it is

ilovemonstersInc Fri 25-Jul-14 16:39:01

Contented how old are they? My boys are 1 and 3 (4 im September) and this is 3rd boy!

ContentedLittleMummy Fri 25-Jul-14 17:06:52

Ilovemonstersinc... One was 4 in March and one is 3 in December and this one is also another boy!

cookielove Fri 25-Jul-14 17:33:26

Hello all smile

I am so glad it rained today, the weather is so much nicer today!

white yes I have had belly button pain!

Had midwife appointment and my blood pressure has finally gone back down! Yay!!

ella whats the highest you have spiked? And yay for not having to go on tablets.

Hello linds welcome smile

God I am so tired and I have to go up north to visit my inlaws tonight, staying for the weekend but they are moving to France so this is the last time we will see them for a while. They don't give a crap about the baby hmm

The other inlaws live 6 hours away so don't really see them either, although those ones are really excited about the baby. Feel sorry for dh as my parents are 15 minutes away.

Oh if you want to feel better about your nursery's I'll post a pic of ours and you will all sigh with relief!

RedToothBrush Fri 25-Jul-14 17:39:30

No rain here. Up north. None forecast until late night tomorrow.

Still in high 20s.

Its rubbish.

topmammy Fri 25-Jul-14 18:24:42

No rain here either.

Almost bought a fan today but i'm going to hold out a bit longer in case this hot weather stops soon. I hate having to store big massive fans to store for the rest of the year!

Ordered a hire tens machine today. Thought I might as well have one to try rather than not have the option smile

whiteblossom Fri 25-Jul-14 18:35:33

topmammy Im using disposable trays (like take aways) that way I can either cook in oven and after they have defrosted back in oven without issue (we don't have a microwave).

I have a few ideas, there a few red meat meals as I want to keep iron levels up for those sleepless nights! Plus Im stuffing as much veg in them as I can.

Lamb tangine
Chicken curry
Beef casserole
Sausage and Bean casserole
Sheperds pie
Corned beef hash (with will have to wait due to veg in season)
Chilli con carne
Spag bol.

Butternut squash in cubes, frozen ready to go in the oven to cook.

Banana Loaf, sliced and frozen in individual portions.
Flapjacks (need to find out if I can freeze these these!)

No rain here, Ive had to water the garden, my lounge is 26d so Im sat with a fan on me. Possible rain on sunday...

whiteblossom Fri 25-Jul-14 18:38:18

For those having a water birth have you thought about what to wear if anything in the pool...? Im thinking a bra top like a sports bra? Not sure what I want yet, I think Ill know when I go into labour..

Cindy5389 Fri 25-Jul-14 19:15:48

Hi all, just marking my place on the new thread!

Can't believe this heat is still hanging around. I don't remember UK summers being this hot for so long sad

Nursery is nearly sorted. Just need to put the wall stickers on, which can be done in the next couple of weeks (apparently u have to wait a month after painting - not sure y) just waiting for dh to sort out the rest of the house. It is mainly just touch up jobs so can't understand y he just doesn't get on with it. I understand he works full time, but baby isn't going to hold out until he finishes it.

Got my baby shower on 3rd Aug. Getting excited now. My twin sister was meant to b organising it, but all she has bloody done is arrange the date and I seem to b stuck with doing everything else.. I don't even know what happens at a baby shower!!

Half way through NCT classes, they r great, but making it all seem too real (I'm all for denial is best atm)

Anyways, hope everyone is ok.

Dazedconfused Fri 25-Jul-14 19:59:53

marking my place I disappeared for a bit on the last thread but plan to be about more on this one.
sitting with my feet in ice drinking a fake kopparburg watching game of thrones. ..not sure life could be better (well if I didn't have heartburn it would be ideal)

cookielove Fri 25-Jul-14 20:08:17

Oh wow we had a massive thunderstorm, I work in a nursery and we had all the doors open cause it was still really hot, omg so much water came in, we had to mop the floor and my work colleague got drenched shutting them, it was hilarious!! smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.