Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2015 #7: Glowing & growing? Rock on 2nd trimester!

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

rumisyum Sat 19-Jul-14 09:55:48

Onwards into the 2nd trimester, where hopefully the bumps will overtake the poo factories!

Stats here.

blizy Sat 19-Jul-14 10:02:31

Thanks for the new thread rum.

Dec2013mummy Sat 19-Jul-14 10:12:09

Yay thanks rum.

I didn't show until about 7 months last time and Ds was just under 8lbs! I had a definite bump by the end though smile As that was only a matter of months ago I was expecting to just balloon out this time but it hasn't happened yet! I'm sure it will!!

HenriettaTurkey Sat 19-Jul-14 10:38:32

Thanks, Rum!

Keepontrudging Sat 19-Jul-14 10:51:19

Ta, rum!

Saraswati Sat 19-Jul-14 11:33:37

Tanks rum! Just marking my place. Ms has reared it's head again. 17+1 feeling fed up angry

Dec2013mummy Sat 19-Jul-14 12:16:46

I am so so so hormonal at the minute. Ms kicked in with a vengeance yesterday and today all I can do is cry!! I slipped over something downstairs and anyone would think the world had ended!! Had a complete breakdown. Dh sent me back to bed to get some sleep smile bless him!

Dec2013mummy Sat 19-Jul-14 12:17:20

I always forget 15+6

KatnissEvermean Sat 19-Jul-14 12:37:59

I think I've got a bump but nobody besides my partner has noticed it so I think it's not as impressive as I think it it. I am probably just looking a bit tubby!

I got my letter about my blood test today, low risk, 1 in 100,000, so that's one less thing to worry about.

I fell asleep on the sofa last night and dreamt I went to my 16 week appointment but forgot my notes. The midwife gave me hundreds of leaflets which I spread out everywhere so I could sort through them, and I didn't realise she wanted to go through each one with me! I couldn't find the leaflet she wanted so she started shouting at me telling me if I couldn't even look after my notes and a leaflet how could I look after a baby! In real life my midwife is lovely, but I think I was a bit overwhelmed with all the information I got at my last appointment and I must be subconsciously anxious about not remembering everything.

14+6

Scoobsmam13 Sat 19-Jul-14 13:25:16

Thanks rum

Star I had my booking in appointment last week (bit late!) at 15+5 and she checked mini-scoobs HB smile

Dec I am a hormonal mess, glad I'm not the only one. "Someone" said "surely it was too early for my hormones to make me upset over nothing".........well, lack of peanut butter is not nothing IMO and "someone" won't make that mistake again! wink

RPopz Sat 19-Jul-14 13:51:08

Star you're probably already there by now but there's only a tiny Mamas and Papas and Mothercare in meadowhall. There's a BabiesRUs at the retail park though xx

New Fred!!

Loobyloo893 Sat 19-Jul-14 14:57:36

Thanks for new thread. We're certainly getting through them!

We went shopping this morning for baby bits. Managed to get two tops for £5 in mothercare sale. And DS chose the baby a little outfit and some vests. He was very excited that we let him choose. smile Didn't get much else but had a good mooch around at all the baby bits, lovely morning.

14 + 3

Madrigals Sat 19-Jul-14 16:15:35

Looby, that's a great way to involve your DS with ds2 - might do the same with my DS smile

mummyk8 Sat 19-Jul-14 16:31:19

Thanks for the new feed rum

Camsie30 Sat 19-Jul-14 17:47:06

Thank you for starting a new feed Rum! 7 already!!

Really strange thing happened today which I know I should just laugh off but... Went to a food festival with my 2 best friends and their kids. I told the kids aged 6 and 4 that Auntie S had a baby in her tummy and they were excited. Later one the 4 year old girl hugged me and said "I hope your baby is dead". We were all shocked and her mum, my best friend, was mortified. I know kids say the strangest things but why and where would a four year old get that from? Made me feel sick just typing it.

Will try to just ignore it, I'm sure she didn't know what she was saying.

Anyway, about to start telling some other friends, very nervous but intrigued by their reactions, there are going to be a lot of questions I think! Wish me luck xx

14 + 3

Madrigals Sat 19-Jul-14 17:51:41

Camsie, that must have been very upsetting sad

maybe she has got very confused somehow and believes something like 'babies come to life when they are born and so every baby in the mother's tummy is dead so that it can come to life later when born'? I bet her mum gets her a book now explaining all of this.

RPopz Sat 19-Jul-14 18:21:10

That is very odd Cams - I think you can only console yourself with the fact that at 4 she probably doesn't really understand what death is or the implications of such a statement!

closetoyou Sat 19-Jul-14 18:41:42

The twins lady was Bangkokbaby i think

Keepontrudging Sat 19-Jul-14 19:05:59

Camsie- :/ how odd. Kids say some weird things! Must have been horrid though.

Closer- that's it! Good memory smile

Starbright24 Sat 19-Jul-14 19:16:42

Thanks for info on meadowhall rpopz. I didn't make it there and by what you say, think I'll stick with leeds anyway.
Camsie, I am sure at that age she has no idea what the meanings are behind what was said. As you said - try and ignore it. Good luck with telling friends grin enjoy it.
Saras - really hope your ms gets better again soon. I'm sat scoffing lime doritoes to keep it at bay at the moment.
Dec - hope the sleep helped. I was sent back to bed today as falling asleep on sofa at 10.30 am.
Thanks for thread rum.
15+6

Emmie10 Sat 19-Jul-14 19:31:08

Camsie- something similar happened to me first time round. One of the little girls in my P1 class was showing a lot of interest in my bump/ pregnancy. She was obviously trying to get her head around it all and asked if my baby was dead. It really spooked me but i think she was referring to the fact it wasn't breathing in my tummy.
Had my 12 week scan on Thursday and they have moved my dates a bit. Baby was having a snooze then we saw a big stretch and lots of wriggling. It definitely seemed a bit more chilled out than dd was at this stage. She jumped about like a bean the whole time!
13+1

Madrigals Sat 19-Jul-14 20:25:33

Went for maternity bra fitting today - sooo much more comfy now smile

Nyancat Sat 19-Jul-14 20:33:08

Just marking my place. I'm on day 3 of not throwing up! still feel sick all the time but I haven't retched or thrown up in three whole days!!! and I have eaten loads of fruit and vegetable soup - it is tragic how delighted I am to have enjoyed and kept it down.
fingers crossed this is the beginning of the end of ms, hope it lifts for everyone soon. 15+1

Minibagel Sat 19-Jul-14 22:41:52

Poo factory mention..hahaha!

rumisyum Sat 19-Jul-14 23:23:35

Had to get poo factory in there somehow. wink Especially since my bump deflated significantly after doing the most MASSIVE poo a couple days ago. blush

Camsie that would have spooked me too! Though I'm sure she wouldn't have known the real meaning of what she said.

Saras I've now fallen totally in love with the Joolz (especially that studio gris collection with the brown leatherette handles - LUSH) and I wholly blame you for the massive hole in my budget that it will cause. wink I'll be spending the next few months stalking ebay/gumtree/preloved in the hope that an affordable 2nd hand one will pitch up near me.

This thread is not accepting new messages.