Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2015 #2: Is the first trimester over yet?

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

freneticfox Tue 08-Jul-14 22:32:26

Shiny new thread for us all!

Stats are here

freneticfox Tue 08-Jul-14 22:33:19

And marking my spot. :D

Memphisbelly Tue 08-Jul-14 22:43:31

Marking my place too!

freneticfox Tue 08-Jul-14 23:28:55

Psst, where is everyone?

cactusnic Tue 08-Jul-14 23:41:58

Hello!

I've mainly been offline for a couple of days - long weekend away at my mum's. Nausea seems to have worn off a fair amount, but getting the bus to/from mum's to the nearest town (7 miles) was not a good idea yesterday - grim!

I've actually managed a few proper meals now though, and even been able to cook!

freneticfox Tue 08-Jul-14 23:48:03

You're lucky cactus, I'm 9w and still suffering with night nausea. Guess I should be grateful that the days are mostly good smile

blankfornames Wed 09-Jul-14 00:36:00

<waves>!
Thanks for the shiney new thread! Here's to lots of happy moments!

LittleMissSunshine33 Wed 09-Jul-14 06:34:08

Thanks Frenetic!

I don't think we are going to find out for ours as it's our first so doesn't matter either way. I like the idea of them announcing what it is at the birth! Although I'm not so keen that people are already guessing, one of my friends did that Chinese gender calendar on me and said everyone she has done that on it's been right! Great now that sex is stuck in my head!

JacktheLab Wed 09-Jul-14 06:38:06

Reporting in for duty!

I made an excellent discovery last night smile Have a stinking cold and sore throat, bit miserable when you can't take anything for it. However the linctus which we keep for my husband when he has a sore throat is just sugar and sugar water and therefore i can take it! It's a boots dry cough linctus incase anyone needs something before February. Small thing but feeling much better :D

Bearsinmotion Wed 09-Jul-14 07:00:37

Hello!

I'm only 7 weeks, we're trying to keep it quiet until the first scan but that seems a lifetime away! Generally not feeling too sick but it comes in waves - had to run to the loo a couple of times this week!

blankfornames Wed 09-Jul-14 07:12:44

Welcome Bears! It's hard to keep it in definitely. After having our lovely scan yday, we decided to tell our parents this evening as we love quite close to them both. We'll keep schtum you'll our big booking in scan at 10 wks though!

Bearsinmotion Wed 09-Jul-14 07:15:51

Ahh, it's so exciting isn't it?! This is DC2, we told everyone at 7 weeks with DC1. This time I am more worried, I'd rather wait until the scan.

Memphisbelly Wed 09-Jul-14 08:21:46

Littlemiss it is so annoying. You will get it for the whole 9 months 'oooh you are carrying all over its a girl' 'ooh you are a day overdue its obvious its a boy because they are lazy'
Then like me if its your second they will say 'ooh you have a boy so you clearly want a girl' just ignore ignore ignore.

hanflan Wed 09-Jul-14 09:12:58

Morning all! tori good luck for your scan today! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that all is well and you see a lovely wriggly bean smile

At the risk of boring a lot of you.... did anyone watch the game last night?! I got Germany in the sweepstake at work so pretty chuffed haha.

Also, I am exactly 8 weeks today. For some reason that seems like a big milestone for me in my head! Even though it's not really, but I'm happy!

bellaboo88 Wed 09-Jul-14 09:22:29

Lovely stomach muscle clenching vomiting again this morning :-( swear I'll have a six pack soon.

Dreading my dentist, teeth are genetically weak & puking acid isn't good.

I'm buying a dress for the races, I'll be 13/14w...should I expect to have put on weight or look bloated?

I hate not being able to shop :-(

Thx for for new thread xx

hanflan Wed 09-Jul-14 09:26:02

bella sorry you are still feeling so rough! Regarding dress for races, go with one that clings tight under the bust and then goes out/down from there (is that empire line?!) so that nothing is clinging right onto your belly. That way it'll allow for a little bump growth smile

donkir Wed 09-Jul-14 09:36:40

Thanks for the new thread. Only took me 5 mins to find it (I thought I was quite technically minded, obviously not.)
9+3 here back to work this week after 10 days off. I'm a nanny so looking after hyper 19 month old and 4yr old is taking it's toll. Roll on the blooming stage.
As for dresses I'm wearing maxi dresses at the moment which are tight around the bust and then flowing from under the bust.
Has anyone had someone just touch there's yet?

Memphisbelly Wed 09-Jul-14 09:45:58

Donkir someone touch the bump? No I give a good death stare, last time a few went to but I batted their hand away, I don't like people touching me at the best of times!
Han oooh what do you get from the sweepstake? Dh phoned this morning and asked if I watched it (we both hate footy) I said no I didn't need to fb gave me updates I needed.
I have just cleaned my kitchen now about to have a bath have a list of jobs im determined to do today.

hanflan Wed 09-Jul-14 09:53:06

Haha memphis I have no idea, we didn't have to put money in, they just said "oh we'll find a prize" so it'll just be a little something! Chocolate will do me just fine. If it's alcohol based then DH will have to have it sad

Memphisbelly Wed 09-Jul-14 10:23:26

Han my dh's work had £100 for winner £50 for second £20 for third......sadly he got non, ds's nursery got sweets for the winner.

I really want someone to come and make me some food! Sadly I fancy poached egg on toast, I have no eggs or bread.

JacktheLab Wed 09-Jul-14 10:41:14

How long did it take for your scan dates to come through? I saw the midwife two weeks ago tomorrow and go on holiday on sat for a fortnight but don't have a scan date yet, grrr!

cactusnic Wed 09-Jul-14 10:43:16

I'm still struggling with the bone-numbing exhaustion, and feeling really really low - i can't wait to "bloom"!

I'm really struggling with not knowing how far along i actually am - its really messing with my head - ie am i 10 weeks (by LMP) or 8 (as early scan suggested). We really really want to tell DS, but don't want to till 12 weeks.

freneticfox Wed 09-Jul-14 10:47:33

My Grandmother touched my stomach, but it was at my Grandpa's funeral and she was making a nice gesture so I let her off! Otherwise anyone else will be getting a mouthful. I'm a bit weird about personal space..

Memphisbelly Wed 09-Jul-14 10:53:53

JCk mine was about 3 weeks I think, the day I started worrying the letter came through, as you are going away though it wouldn't hurt to call ante natal unit to see if it is already booked in, my booking in letter was dated 5 days before it arrived so it may well be booked in.

JacktheLab Wed 09-Jul-14 11:04:24

I've just gotten through to the right department, they only got the paperwork today ffs!

I'm to call them again on Friday to see if they have allocated a slot for me....

This thread is not accepting new messages.