Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2014 #9 - Into the home straight we go, 3rd trimester here we come!

(1000 Posts)
sazzlehopes Mon 07-Jul-14 21:06:18

old threads is here

Keep up the chitter chatter ladies!

Checking in!

cabster Mon 07-Jul-14 21:11:02

Wanders in with a choc ice

YellowWellies Mon 07-Jul-14 21:12:27

<Parks arse>. Evening.

Pregnantagain7 Mon 07-Jul-14 21:14:58

Crap that title has frightened me!!

ExcitedCJ Mon 07-Jul-14 21:18:17

Thanks Sazzle

I'm wandering in with a vanilla & chocolate cornetto!

ldt87 Mon 07-Jul-14 21:23:25

Checking in, thanks for the new thread! Xx

LondonJen Mon 07-Jul-14 21:27:31

Just finished a cadbury's caramel ice-cream!

Naively I was thinking about what to wear in private! Thank you so much for mentioning wandering around wards with other people!! Will bear that in mind and spare everyone's blushes grin

Thanks Sazzle. Marking my spot, no ice cream for me tonight sad

ohthegoats Mon 07-Jul-14 21:34:33

Today I've had a champagne Magnum (don't do it, not very nice), and a mini Twister. Frankly I could have had more, but those required a load of Rennies, which sort of takes a bit of the fun out of them.

I'm not suggesting I'm not grateful to be pregnant by the way, I'm just not enjoying it very much and can't wait for it to be over.

The magnums are actually brandy flavoured! I thought it was champagne too but it's Marc de champagne which is like cognac

porcito Mon 07-Jul-14 21:38:55

eeeeek, the third trimester! I finally have my first purchase: a set of bottles from the US and some Lansinoh cream. Might have to use the box as her bed if I don't pull my finger out.

I had whooping cough vaccine at 21 weeks here, which seems really early. Hopefully it doesn't mean it's not effective. My arm hurt for ages after. Another sign that I will be a terrible person in labour.

My bump really aches today - the doctor was feeling her head earlier and it was really sore. On the plus side, my placenta has moved far enough up for it not to be an issue any more. Tomorrow I have a check for an incompetent cervix. I feel so sorry for it when I see that phrase.

YellowWellies Mon 07-Jul-14 21:43:04

Goats I reckon you're team blue (do you know?) I found my pregnancy with J much harder than this one (which I'm thinking is a girl). I've just been pacing up and down for 20 minutes to get a teething 10kg toddler back to sleep. I was only a wee bit out of breath in my "twinkle twinkle" singing - I couldn't have done that last time. From memory from last time we'll soon be over 30 weeks then the birth announcements will start shock !

ohthegoats Mon 07-Jul-14 21:48:11

Hahaha.. poor cervix... what would be a better word though? Substandard? Unsatisfactory?

We don't know what team we are, but both reckon it's a girl. I haven't had a bad pregnancy at all, genuinely, it's been really 'easy' - I just don't like being a slightly pathetic version of myself. I was/am very physically active, gym every day, mountain climbing holidays, sailing, kayaking, all that jazz.. and slowly but surely as time has gone on, I've had to drop all of those things, have got lardier, can't lift things (would happily have carried a kayak down a slipway on my own), am too tired to work as hard as I want to, which is putting me off working at all, which is slightly bad timing considering it's the end of term and the two weeks where everything ramps up. It's just so frustrating.

I'm also being a moany bitch because I've had a crap day, but still...

We have absolutely NO boys names, it better be a girl!!

Kirstipops Mon 07-Jul-14 21:52:54

Argh Yellow don't say that, I'm one of the first ones due!!!! grin

A brandy flavoured lolly yuck!!!! I'm having a stirfry for dinner tonight, adding chillies to the already spicy Thai sauce I have, I think I have an asbestos mouth in this pregnancy...

I'm totally going to get one of those hospital kaftans like yours CJ, right up my street they are! I like the one that's dark blue up one side and a floral print on the other.

FlipFantasia Mon 07-Jul-14 21:52:58

Yay for the new thread!

porcito Mon 07-Jul-14 22:00:40

A 'challenged cervix' would be less mean. Incompetent's just rude. It's doing its best.

I have to admit I enjoyed being the helpless pregnant person after the first while of semi bed rest, but now I'm just bored... I'm moving house this weekend and won't be able to lift anything, which means my new house will look like some kind of war zone as DP's organisational skills are zero.

Mmm I'd love a stirfry right now. Have been so lazy at cooking these past few weeks. Have been surviving on baked potatoes and beans on toast. Poor baby.

YellowWellies Mon 07-Jul-14 22:02:35

Kirsti on my last thread the first births were totally out of sequence and not at all related to due dates so fret not. I was due the 19th of November and had the 4th or 5th birth - in mid October. I would rather be earlier (but not until after 30 weeks and ideally 36 weeks do you hear, bump?) than the last billy on the thread, fat, bored, constipated, hormonal and frustrated at everyone else having their baby. I bet I'll be last this time after all my worries about prematurity.

I like the marc de champagne magnums. I like booze. And magnums. et voila.

ohthegoats Mon 07-Jul-14 22:05:08

I should be on the September thread really, but originally I was down as 7th October. I've therefore got the feeling I'll be massively 'late' according to their dates.

mrsb87 Mon 07-Jul-14 22:13:21

Hmmmmm ice cream! Last week I downed a rub of phish food, this week I have a tub of Caffè latte ice cream which is going down a storm! Dh has to wrestle it off me so I don't eat it all in one go!

Me23 Mon 07-Jul-14 22:13:43

I gave birth before 40 weeks both times so it will feel very strange if I get to 40th week this time or beyond! 38-39 weeks would be fine again for me please. That maternity gown was lovely! May have to buy one red is a good colour for labour and post birth too!

Bumpforme2014 Mon 07-Jul-14 22:24:43

What is it with ice cream, I never cared before now the freezer is full of it!

fedupofrainydays Mon 07-Jul-14 22:33:10

Hi ladies!
Really, are we at the third trimester already?! Yikes!!! Just looked in Emma's diary and it says 27 weeks is third tri. That's me on Friday... Eeeeek!!

Feeling lots of pressure 'down there' so decided to have a feel. Not a good idea as totally freaked me out re vbac. Can feel where I tore last time into my bottom and also have some kind of pile. Never dared look or touch before despite ds being 2.5 years old!!! It's swollen down there so feels more tight and bulbous. Ugh. So gross, sorry ladies. But if I have a whole trimester to go it's only going to get worse. Maybe elective cs could be the way to go to avoid re doing what I did last time...

Sparkle9 Mon 07-Jul-14 22:38:28

Checking in. I'm nearly 24 weeks and have no idea which way the baby is lying. How can you all tell? I don't feel much movement at all for some reason (and I'm not overt fat!). I have a doppler and can hear movement and heartbeat though so I'm not worrying. Midwife next week.

weeonion Mon 07-Jul-14 22:40:18

evening all - marking place!

This thread is not accepting new messages.