Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant, unbelievably moody and irrationally bad-tempered. Anyone else?

(4 Posts)
LuluJakey1 Fri 04-Jul-14 19:51:48

I am 14 weeks pregnant and have had periods of a few days at a time where I am irrationally moody and bad-tempered. I am usually very easy going and even-tempered. DH seems to be the one who I get annoyed with.

He is lovely, annoying at times as they all are but generally lovely. However, since last night he has been the most annoying person in the universe to me. Everything about him has annoyed me and I have been seething at times over nothing. I don't want him to speak to me, touch me, touch anything in the house, even be in the house. Being nice to me only annoys me more. confused The same thing happened a few weeks ago and it lasted about 5 days.

He has done nothing to deserve this at all. I can't tell you how delighted I am he is visiting his parents this weekend - planned a while ago and I was never going with him.

I cried when he was leaving and he just looked baffled. He said ' Lu are you crying because you don't want me to go? I won't go- they won't mind'

I was crying because I am so horrible and I was glad he was going so I couldn't be horrible and so I could have the house to myself.

I told MIL who was lovely and said it happened to her when she was pregnant- apparently FIL had to stay with his parents twice she was so pissed off with him.

Does it happen to anyone else? Will it last the whole 9 months? Or even longer?

Poor DH sad

VeryPunny Fri 04-Jul-14 20:01:17

Am amazed I am still married to be frank. I was exactly the same with DD and history is repeating itself this time round. It's a weird feeling of wanting him nowhere near me, and wanting to lash out.

Poor DH, he's such a fab husband but he can't do anything right at the moment. It took a few months to settle down after birth here.

LuluJakey1 Fri 04-Jul-14 20:07:20

How did he cope with it? DH is very tolerant. Last time we got to the point where he said 'Just tell me what's going on' and I had a sobbing meltdown that went on for ages.

I think he is just baffled by it and does not know what to do and just carries on being his usual easy going self and hoping it will pass. Once or twice I have had a look that I recognise as the sign he is getting pissed off and so far I have been able to make myself back off. But I do just go too far and it isn't fair.

VeryPunny Fri 04-Jul-14 20:53:39

We've had a few almighty rows. I think we are getting better at recognising the situation and both backing off a bit but it's very difficult!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now