Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 2014 Thread #5 - Battered and bruised we limp through the second trimester

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

SassehMonsta Tue 01-Jul-14 13:43:53

Here we go again, the thrills & spills of leaky boobs, and feeling baby move for the first time - Lets go!

Stats Link!

CatFaceCrayola Sat 02-Aug-14 11:12:48

Last post.

Goodbye thread Number 5, you've served us well

SassehMonsta Sat 02-Aug-14 08:34:25

Find us Here!

Ladylel Sat 02-Aug-14 08:08:57

December 2014, Thread #6 August Amazonian's, Warriors of the 2nd Trimester. GOGOGO!!!!!

Ladylel Sat 02-Aug-14 08:00:35

I'm on it. Stay tuned. Don't post anything and I will return with the new named thread very shortly.

Somersetgirl1990 Sat 02-Aug-14 04:38:02

Aaah only a few posts left on this thread - hoping someone with a bit more I.T expertise comes along soon!

Getting so fed up with not being able to move too quickly in bed without getting a twinge in the bottom of my bump, hoping this is normal. I'm starting to feel like a sloth though confused

CatFaceCrayola Fri 01-Aug-14 23:32:38

Both good titles sasseh are you taking charge?

Ladylel Fri 01-Aug-14 23:00:36

So happy to hear your news miraculous this is amazing news! such a lovely way to end the thread!
Who's in charge of the next thread? We've got 6 posts left..... Liking the blooming one got a certain ring to it smile August Amazonians haha x

SassehMonsta Fri 01-Aug-14 22:38:18

What about "Blooming Bumps and Blossoming Bosoms"? I laughed too much at it! Or "The Warriors of the 2nd Trimester".

So so so pleased Miraculous - like others I have been constantly checking back to see if you had updated! Got fingers safely crossed for you, your dp and your miracles, and so happy to hear some good news!

Getting very wound up by the dog, who just wants to be sitting on me/the bump/my hips/my face all the time. Arrrgh! Keeps pushing his whole weight into me via his chest, hes 20kgs of pure muscle.

21 weeks in just under an hour and 20 ;)

littlepickly Fri 01-Aug-14 21:53:38

Thrilled to hear your positive news miraculous!! You're all amazing smile

I'm pretty tired today too but v.excited that it's the weekend hoping for lovely swim with DH and DD tomorrow some sewing and a BBQ with friends on Sunday. Counting down the days till mat leave!

4 months today till EDD sounds ages but I guess it will fly!

nickyjlees Fri 01-Aug-14 21:24:25

Great news miraculous! Been thinking of you all, so glad to hear that things have gone so well, what a strong family you are.

oohdaddypig Fri 01-Aug-14 20:33:53

Yay to miraculous, your wonderful surgeon and your amazing fighting twinnies. Still keeping everything crossed and lots of goodwill flying south to Brum. Are you staying south?

Exhausted today too - is there something in the air? My poor kids are having crap parenting...

"Bumps a blooming and beginning to blossom"?!

Oh Miraculous thats fabulous! Have been checking all day to see whether you'd updated. So pleased for you and hope you have a chilled out positive weekend!

Warrier roar is utterly needed.

LisaC2611 Fri 01-Aug-14 20:25:41

Fantastic news miraculous, so thrilled for you grin

Dr funke and Engels I'm also feeling exhausted today and I don't have any other children to contend with.

So glad the weekend is here hope we are all doing nice things and getting lots of relaxing.

CatFaceCrayola Fri 01-Aug-14 20:22:26

Oh miraculous that's just wonderful! This news has certainly cheered me up.

And we definitely need/deserve a positive, warrior roar title for our next thread!

Somersetgirl1990 Fri 01-Aug-14 20:22:18

So happy for you miraculous, you must be so relieved, what little fighters you have in there! Have been thinking of you all day, so so pleased you've had a brilliant result grin

Bettycakes80 Fri 01-Aug-14 20:14:42

Amazing Miraculous. I'm so happy for you!

Someone said something lovely to me the other day that could be a good tread title, "stay well as you swell"

DrFunkesFamilyBandSolution Fri 01-Aug-14 20:01:30

Air punching awesomeness miraculous! Hope you have an easy, restful weekend & Tuesday comes around quickly!

Engels, snap. I fell asleep & the boys had far too much tv time today, roll on autumn.
We started potty training ds1 when I was pg but put it on hold, he finally picked it up when ds2 was 4 m old...still won't poo on the toilet! Bloody 2 year olds & their stubbornness

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend x

CallingAllEngels Fri 01-Aug-14 19:56:03

Sounds like a few people having a rough time at the moment - peace , sasseh , crayola and anyone else I've missed in not scrolling back. SEnding you all hugs and flowers ladies.

I feel massive today and exhausted. Finding it difficult to deal with DS. Supposed to be potty training but have zero energy.

18+5

Hugmonster82 Fri 01-Aug-14 19:54:17

That's amazing news Miraculous! Just burst into happy tears for you. Here's to a new positive thread in your honoursmile

Pepsiaddict Fri 01-Aug-14 19:51:09

Brilliant news miraculous xxx

CallingAllEngels Fri 01-Aug-14 19:49:10

Fantastic news miraculous . Have been thinking of you.

htbftm Fri 01-Aug-14 19:48:01

miraculous, I'm over whelmed for you, your hubby and your little twinnies! I can't believe what fighters u all r and how brave u all r!! will keep u in our thoughts n prayers over the weekend and Tuesday! Do u stay in Birmingham til then? xx

Taura Fri 01-Aug-14 19:33:29

Wow, my eyes are welling up just thinking of how you must be feeling right now. Hoping everything goes well over the weekend and the coming days. Xxx

PresidentSpreadable Fri 01-Aug-14 19:31:22

That is absolutely wonderful to hear miraculous! Your babies are living up to your username. smile

miraculous2 Fri 01-Aug-14 19:27:45

Heaving massive sighs and sobs of relief - our darling babies made it through the surgery and the first few hours. Prof Kilby took 3.3 litres of fluid off Mana and by the time of the scan about five hours later, little 'Uhila had made enough to almost even out the pools. This is a very good sign, I think.

The next few days will be critical, and I'm a little bit raw and having palpitations so nothing but rest for me. Scan on Tuesday to see if they've pulled through yet again and if it's looking like the procedure was a success.

All your kind words really helped me get through those long hours of waiting today. Thank you.

My bump is a far more comfortable size now - I didn't realise how distended I'd got. It's so nice to eat a meal and not spend the next two hours bending backwards to make room for it. I'll post the before and after pics when I get home tomorrow.

I am WELL up for a more upbeat thread title! We're fucking warriors! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.