Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 2014 Thread #5 - Battered and bruised we limp through the second trimester

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

SassehMonsta Tue 01-Jul-14 13:43:53

Here we go again, the thrills & spills of leaky boobs, and feeling baby move for the first time - Lets go!

Stats Link!

In other news I slept through the night! I've had shit sleep for weeks, waking up with blocked sinuses, sore throat and a nosebleed and have been really down to the point of going back to my doctor. Slept well, woke up happy and smiling! Albeit with a nosebleed!

SassehMonsta Wed 02-Jul-14 08:22:15

Breakfast lasted less than 5 mins - infact I was halfway through a sandwich when it decided to reappear. Boo. Must remember to eat toast first before bananas and sandwiches, and to chew my food more. First vomit since Sunday before last, hurrah! Only.one lot of meds taken since then as well grin !

Seeing new mw today. Wish me luck that shes nicer than the last one!!

16+4

Bettycakes80 Wed 02-Jul-14 08:25:04

Talking of wedding rings has anyone done the boy/girl test hanging your ring over your belly? Everytime I do it I get a different result!

Peaceloveandbiscuits Wed 02-Jul-14 08:27:47

You sound surprised Bettycakes grin

Lucy90 Wed 02-Jul-14 09:12:15

14+2 and im so excited!! Anyone felt their babys move yet??

Lucy90 Wed 02-Jul-14 09:17:05

Ooo 15+2 i meant!

Somersetgirl1990 Wed 02-Jul-14 10:13:40

Yay new thread grin I want to feel baby move confused not fair!

Oooh people must have there 20 weeks scans soon - has anyone got them in the next few weeks? Literally counting down the days!!

17+3

Peaceloveandbiscuits Wed 02-Jul-14 10:14:44

I've officially registered my interest in NCT classes. Told DH this morning. "HOW much?!"

Peaceloveandbiscuits Wed 02-Jul-14 10:15:55

My 20 week scan isn't until mid August! Ages. Got consultant on 8th and new midwife on 16th though, so plenty to keep me occupied and worried!

Somersetgirl1990 Wed 02-Jul-14 10:26:52

Oooh me too peace smile apparently the courses fill up really quickly so thought I'd get in early!

miraculous2 Wed 02-Jul-14 10:32:32

A dream. This morning.

Shagging a ladyboy. Helping some dealer guy hide his stash (of assorted cleaning sponges) while a really freaky woman did some kind of crazy dance around him as if to hypnotise him. Interviewing Donnie Osmond about joining the cast of Coronation Street and asking whether he could imitate a single British accent. He couldn't.

All of that in very quick succession. And me, the dealer and the ladyboy were all living together.

shock

PunkyPod Wed 02-Jul-14 10:45:22

I booked and paid for my NCT refresher course yesterday. They're 3 evenings in September. I didn't do NCT with dd but thought I might give it a little go with this one. Would like to meet a nice bunch of local mums too.

I've not taken my rings off yet but my fingers are def more swollen than normal. I think they came off around 35 weeks with dd. Will be much sooner this time I fear!

I have a wiggler. In fact yesterday it didn't seem to stop all day! Today it's been very quiet so it must be having a rest after the rave it clearly was having with the umbilical cord yesterday! I have my 20 weeks can on 15th. 2 weeks today. Am just so excited for it! Can't wait to find out what the flavour is. We have pretty much decided on the names so just want to know now! In fact I'll go update our names now on the stats list.

So horrid to hear about those suffering with poo issues. Around 9-14 weeks I really had trouble and it makes you feel so yucky inside. And then when the bugger is trying to come out. Woah! Just keep up with loads of fluids, have lots of fruit beginning with P, cut out some of the carbs like bread and pasta and go whenever you get the urge. Try not to hold it til later.

18+3 grin

Ladylel Wed 02-Jul-14 10:56:36

Poo~ing is the easy part for me it's just the trapped wind. Either way it stinks. Keep thinking I've trod it something it smells that bad. Otherwise it's normal colour not black or red or green which is odd. Prob my body telling me to eat me healthy foods!

LisaC2611 Wed 02-Jul-14 10:57:11

I've got my 20 weeks scan on the 22nd, so less that 3 weeks away grin.

Am feeling scan envy today. My sister had her 12 week scan today and has a brilliant picture of her lo, all 3 scans that I have had have produced blobs - its so not fair, I want a nice pic of our baby!! envy

I booked our NCT classes a few weeks ago as they get really booked up and after I had registered our interest they only held our place until 15 June. Am looking forward to meeting lots of local mums around my area.

DrewsWife Wed 02-Jul-14 11:23:15

wanders in wearing a gas mask...... morning girls! confused

had a crap nights sleep thanks to wheezing and a major migraine that arrived at 7am. so lying on the sofa.

hub has read to baby whilst I sneezed and snottered and wheezed myself into a slumber.

ive really had enough. wtf is my.glowy stage!!!

15+5

Lucy90 Wed 02-Jul-14 11:35:16

Oh i cant stop sneezing either and have a constant runny nose!! Got my 20 week scan 7th august really cant wait!! Anyone else got sore swollen feet yet?!

I got all excited then and was about to say Lisa my scan is on 22nd too. Then I realised they moved it to 28th bastards

Martie1 Wed 02-Jul-14 11:50:48

lol!!! this thread!!

I noticed my poo was quite dark this morning too, freaky. Touches of the old blocked bum going on here too, but so far nothing major lol.

Weirdly, i'd like it if my fingers became swollen, just a little. My engagement ring and wedding ring were bought in two different jewellers, and the engagement ring is just marginally bigger than my wedding ring, which means it constantly slides round on my finger. Glad I got those diamonds then so I can look at them when staring at the palm of my hand. Argh!! I never got it changed because the difference was so marginal and my mum told me her fingers became swollen in pregnancy and she had to get her wedding rings stretched. Feel really rather daft now, wish i'd just gone and got it changed after our wedding. Ah the notions we have!!

17+2

Ladylel Wed 02-Jul-14 11:52:06

I'm 18w+1 apart from sweaty there is no glow here either!

Keep looking in mirror and going 'urgh' hubby has banned me from saying urgh as I am growing babies, it's hard work getting used to the changing body shape. I tried to blame bloat and he said 'no it's not bloat it's pregnant'

Fingers swell randomly. Refuse to take of wedding ring took long enough to get a ring on it! I am frequently moving my rings on my other hand to other less fatter fingers!

LisaC2611 Wed 02-Jul-14 12:45:23

Aww poly thought I had a scan date buddy, but alas it was not to be grin. Did they say why they have changed your date?

A week before I found out I was pregnant I had my wedding ring reduced (by 5 sizes) as I had lost a lot of weight, thankfully at the moment it is still easy enough to get on and off but the minute it becomes too tight it will be off and staying off. I don't think I will have any problem with my engagement ring as that is still too big, didn't want to get them both resized at the same time as I felt bare enough without one of them. Like you Martie, I spend a lot of time looking at my engagement ring if I turn the palm of my hand upwards.

nickyjlees Wed 02-Jul-14 13:13:37

20 week scan next week, nervous and excited, hoping to f

nickyjlees Wed 02-Jul-14 13:15:40

Find out who's in there.
Booked onto nct classes if only to meet others and to open OHs eyes to the realities of childbirth, he's super squeamish and don't think he really understands what it will be like!

DrewsWife Wed 02-Jul-14 13:28:42

dh and I have been watching obem. lucky for me he worked in brain injury and currently works with adults with learning difficulties.

The show is helping establish bad husband practices grin no to bringing in chippies whilst im swearing... no to playing candy crush on your phone whilst im writhing in agony.... and thankfully he doesnt smoke so I dont have the issue of him wandering out every hour or so.... hahahaha.

Somersetgirl1990 Wed 02-Jul-14 13:29:49

I used to love OBEM but not sure I can watch this series... Makes me scared haha. I'm just denying that the baby has to come out there and thats fine for the minute smile

nickyjlees Wed 02-Jul-14 13:32:04

My OH always finds a way to avoid watching OBEM, think he's more terrified than I am!

This thread is not accepting new messages.