Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 2014 Thread #5 - Battered and bruised we limp through the second trimester

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

SassehMonsta Tue 01-Jul-14 13:43:53

Here we go again, the thrills & spills of leaky boobs, and feeling baby move for the first time - Lets go!

Stats Link!

SassehMonsta Tue 01-Jul-14 13:44:39

Darn - didnt blinking work!!!!! Can MN please.edit that for me?

DrewsWife Tue 01-Jul-14 15:30:06

yayyyyy helloooo

LisaC2611 Tue 01-Jul-14 16:04:58

place marking the new thread grin

CoventGarden75 Tue 01-Jul-14 17:30:19

And here's the stats link:

XmasBabyStats

Hopping over grin

Ladylel Tue 01-Jul-14 18:15:16

Boom new thread 5 smile wouldn't be on any other thread <3

Peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 01-Jul-14 18:18:25

<claims comfiest seat and gets out accidental gin, deliberate brie and knitting needles>
Hello!

CatFaceCrayola Tue 01-Jul-14 18:56:24

Thread 5 already. Nearly half way there.

Has anyone had to remove wedding rings (well any rings actually) yet? Feels early to be removing them, maybe I'm just getting fat fingers.

worried about losing them if I wear them on a chain

17+2

pinkhollie Tue 01-Jul-14 18:59:35

Hello I have been lurking for a longtime and feel brave enough to join.
I have a 2y5mo ds and had a miscarriage in feb so like Meryl have been a bit nervous about getting too excited.

CallingAllEngels Tue 01-Jul-14 19:42:19

Checking in

14+2 and feeling enormous

Welcome pink . I had a mc in October and my DS is 2.8. There's also a pg after mc due in Dec thread for those of us who didn't want to freak everyone else out with frantic knicker checking in the 1st trimester.

Marking my stinky constipated bloated place!

DrewsWife Tue 01-Jul-14 21:04:34

Not had to remove my rings, think i would freak out... my fingers are the only skinny bit of me :O My ring size is H 1/2 lol...

welcome pink.

am still lying on the sofa, only got off it to go to the loo..... and now debating going to bed, im utterly gubbed. Have updated the stats page with my name choices.

But hubby is still giving us other options lol

DrewsWife Tue 01-Jul-14 21:05:34

can we have a column for first child and ages of siblings??

CoventGarden75 Tue 01-Jul-14 21:11:29

drews i've added a column for ages of siblings, but not sure what you mean by first child, it already shows DC#.

welcome pink

DrewsWife Tue 01-Jul-14 21:20:41

oh does it LOL... i never noticed it... ignore me and take that out LOL.... sorry i am unwell with no specs on

CatFaceCrayola Tue 01-Jul-14 21:47:27

Roll out the band, crack open the bubbly, set off some fireworks. ......I pooped! Finally!

miraculous2 Tue 01-Jul-14 21:48:34

Hopping over here too. Hello pink

drews I have nieces called Matilda and Grace! Beautiful names.

Took the day off sick(ish) and did a lot of work from home - nice and hot too so spent the end of the afternoon lying in the park, reading.

Got a bargain dreamgenii on gumtree - picking up tomorrow. Wee sis is going to lend me some mat clothes for my trip. Applied for DH's provisional licence. Car's booked in for MOT tomorrow. Productive when ill!

A moan - I am going to scratch myself to shreds, I'm so itchy. It's making me so irritable. DH just got back from a shift and I've already lost the rag with him once. Any tips?

Also, TMI for you nice people, my poo is black. I mean BLACK. WTF?

miraculous2 Tue 01-Jul-14 21:49:40

X-post Crayola - hahahaha!!! SNAP!

CatFaceCrayola Tue 01-Jul-14 22:00:48

I got prescribed (I think its called) Eurax Lotion which massively calms itching!

Peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 01-Jul-14 22:05:20

My speciality is lowering the tone, for those who don't know me.

Since we're on the topic of poo...
You haven't lived until you've been constipated for two weeks and finally need to go in the middle of Hampton Court Palace and have to spend half an hour prising it out with your hands, and then have a cry about it in the centre of the maze. It gets quite angular and "blocky" by that stage, and yes, very black.

I promise I'm not a poo troll. Just a very unhappy person.

DrewsWife Tue 01-Jul-14 22:13:23

oh lordy..... i have been behaving myself with you lot!!!! and you're all worse than me....

i love a good auld poo when i manage one..

Miraculous... i have terrible sodding excema..if you are not allergic to it.... bicarb in luke warm water then dabbed on ..... that and porridge in a pair of CLEAN tights tied onto the hot tap of the bath..... it softens the water and is bloody lovely as a bath ...... i kid you not!!

Hubby is due in and i have just sat and troughed my way through his snackajacks.... its entirely his fault.... entirely.... he left them within reach...

miraculous2 Tue 01-Jul-14 23:08:52

Ooh, I love the sound of the porridge bath. Might have to do that tonight or I'll never sleep. I won't try the bicarb - I'm itching all over so I'd have to bathe in it too.

ImBrian Tue 01-Jul-14 23:25:32

Marking my place though I can never keep up!

19 weeks tomorrow and having my insides battered by a very active baby, stomach moves, dp can feel it the works grin

Hahahaha ohhh the poo shame! I am so glad its not just me! I am averaging once a week getting progressively more bloated and stinky. Then I feel like i am giving birth through my ass. There are normally tears and much clutching the sink. Then getting thw behemoth to disappear down the pan is a struggle. No flush will shift it. Has to have manual assistance.
Pregnancy is glamorous!

This thread is not accepting new messages.