Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Short of breath 29 weeks

(9 Posts)
Buddhasgirl Sun 29-Jun-14 02:10:46

When does breathlessness warrant a call to out of hours?

Whenever I lie down to try and sleep I feel like I need to take really deep breaths to breath which is making me feel a bit panicky and like I might bring on an asthma attack.

I'm sat up in bed now and it's easier but is the fact that I can't lie down something I should be concerned about??

Buddhasgirl Sun 29-Jun-14 02:12:54

Bugger, meant to post in pregnancy! Don't know how to move it?!

PolyesterBride Sun 29-Jun-14 02:13:59

Are you anaemic? When I was pg, this made me breathless. Iron tablets sorted it out.

Unfortunately I can't answer your question about whether it is ok to be breathless when you lay down or not. However, I have been told that if anything worries me at all then I should phone the labour ward as they are open 24/7 and would rather have a phone call and reassure you it's nothing than you sit there worrying.

They honestly won't mind your call and then you can decide, with their help, whether a visit to labour ward or an out of hours GP visit, or indeed no action is needed. Best to be safe than sorry considering your previous cargo on board.

Keeping my fingers crossed all is ok. Please update when you can. flowers

*precious cargo* not previous! Lol blush

Buddhasgirl Sun 29-Jun-14 02:19:48

I've only just had my 28w blood test on Wednesday so I don't know yet. Are there other symptoms?

I've just been prescribed low dose cocodomal, could there be a connection with that?

Buddhasgirl Sun 29-Jun-14 02:24:36

Thanks. Sounds daft but I find it quite scary having to call at this time of night for some reason, dp and ds both sound asleep! Dbaby on the other hand is knocking lumps out of me!

I'll try lying down again before I call

Singsongmama Sun 29-Jun-14 02:28:09

I'd call the midwife for an appt. Anything like this needs checked out but please don't worry!

It is probably iron deficiency as other posters have pointed out. I cannot recommend Spatone highly enough, it was fantastic and so much better than iron tablets. It gave me no side effects and my iron levels pulled right up within weeks. I took two sachets daily and my usual pregnancy vitamin. My symptoms of breathlessness stopped and I was less tired (comparatively!) - all from one drink of orange juice and spatone a day! Amazing!

How are you doing today BuddhasGirl better I hope?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now