Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's all balls, bicycles, and babies for the PESH!

(990 Posts)
evilgiraffe Fri 27-Jun-14 15:39:25

Antenatal fred for BESH graduates

CRESH

Faith - pinky faithlet arrived 14th April 2013
Pinkr - suitably pinky one arrived 25th August 2013
Jethro - blue one arrived 23rd September 2013
Noks - pink one arrived 12th January 2014
Frankel - large pink one arrived 10th March 2014
Merks - pink one landed safe and sound 21st March 2014
Sinky - Stubborn blue one arrived 26th March 2014
Driz - blue one arrived 12th June 2014
Kat - pink one arrived 21st June 2014

PESH

Draf - Expecting a late pink one EDD 19th June
Winks - EDD 26th June
Ginger - Miniginger due 13th August
Dor - A very special pink one expected 18th August
Euro - eager Centime expected to arrive a lot sooner than 28th August
Buggerlugs - Buglet due 20th October
Fankle - ESHlet expected 4th January
Cunty - Minichops expected 7th February

So the June cluster is halfway through laying, and then we're on to the July/August batch! Are we even going to have time for Wimbledon and Le Tour and the World Cup in all this excitement?!

tennisbikefootballtennisbikefootballtennisbikefootballtennisbikefootballtennisbikefootball

FriendofDorothy Sat 05-Jul-14 23:07:44

I had to take fragmin but that was due to my BMI.

TheBuggerlugs Sat 05-Jul-14 23:51:07

I had fragmin too <joins club>

I've found out that after all the faff of cancelling my TDF plans I could have gone. I'm really upset and an a bit sick of missing out on stuff (hot tubs last weekend, TDF this) but know I'm being totally unreasonable and moody. I get a baybee, that's better than any sporting event.

ALittleFaith Sun 06-Jul-14 00:40:56

Oh euro, more limbo and waiting sad but it's good news that they can keep centime in a bit longer. My sister has had two c-sections so while I personally am no expert I've seen it in action. One was an EMCS after a failed induction, second was planned! She recovered much faster second time, walking quite comfortably and looked really well within a week. First time she was in a bit of a state but as I say it was emergency and she did find it traumatic.

eurochick Sun 06-Jul-14 08:47:38

bugs why did you have to cancel tdf?

I think clexane post-section is standard at many hospitals now. I'm expecting it having been googling for c-section experiences.

faif that's good to hear. A number of my friends have had them and the recovery has been variable. Most have been able to just chill at home for a good while afterwards though. If I want to see the baby, taking it easy is not going to be an option for me.

I'm working through what is basically a grieving process - for the last part of my pregnancy and for the chance to at least try to give birth (I always knew it could end in CS but I thought I would at least get the chance to try to push a baby out first). I'm slowly coming to terms with it to some extent, but it's hard.

KFZK is stressing because last night my hands and feet swelled up a lot. I'm sure it's just oedema due to the heat but he is worried about pre-eclampsia (blood pressure and pee last checked on Friday afternoon and all perfectly normal, as they have been throughout). I get the feeling that he is going to try to get me to go and get checked out today. After medical appointments Thursday, Friday, Saturday and with more on Monday and Tuesday I was hoping for a day off.

On a more positive note, I actually slept pretty well last night. I guess the insomniac effect of the steroid jabs is wearing off. I feel better for it.

SinkyMalinks Sun 06-Jul-14 09:04:21

Get it checked Euro. I didn't (was in a state from lack of sleep/horrible contractions) and was quite poorly by the time I went in - bp v high, bloods v wonky (why I couldn't have an epidural). Hopefully if you're ready to give a wee sample you shouldn't be too long <optimistic>

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the effects of section on seeing centime. I know it varies, but a planned section in a healthy mum - the chances are v much that you'll recover well and feel ok quickly. I was only taking paracetamol by day 3. And let's face it. The BESH are stubborn minded hags - you're body wouldn't dare do different...

TheBuggerlugs Sun 06-Jul-14 09:04:39

I'm having lots of really strong ligament pains which have meant I've had to reduce my normal dog walk lengths and go a lot slower. On Wednesay I almost crawled back from a walk in tears and the arrangement for the TDF involved a 3m walk uphill to get to the venue we'd booked into so after a lot of discussions about risks and how it will ruin my day if I'm in pain and how the venue will be rammed (120 tickets sold) so there won't be anywhere to sit and rest properly after I dropped out..........last night the plans changed and now the walk is only half a mile which I could have easily managed but I've already sold my ticket. This 2nd option wasn't mentioned when I was discussing dropping out so I'm a little upset to be honest so I'm off shopping instead then gonna watch it on the TV before heading home to see if I can join the gang after the roads have reopened. Not sure I'll be able to sneak in without a ticket though.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 06-Jul-14 11:26:02

Just popping in to say hi! Life still a blur of feeding and little sleep! Lembie is amazing and has started gaining weight again. Hurrah!

Thinking of you euro! Great centime gets a little longer inside.

Massive congrats on here too for all the layers smile

So sorry R is a bad sleeper, sinks!

evilgiraffe Sun 06-Jul-14 20:37:07

Good to see you, driz! Glad everything's going well smile

Midwife appt today was good - baby has put on heaps of weight since yesterday so we are now officially free agents! Well, until we have to see the health visitor, anyway.

FriendofDorothy Sun 06-Jul-14 22:06:22

I am sorry for this really TMI but I can't remember from last time.

Did anyone start having horrid snotty discharge in the third trimester? Its grim.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 07-Jul-14 08:44:42

Morning Hags. What a bloody weekend, I haven't stopped but its been amazing.

Dor I can't help.on the CM I'm afraid as I'm still on the 2nd tri but only just.

Good luck with any hossie appts today Euro.

Have a good Monday everyone else, I feel quite perky at the moment but think I'll hit a wall around 2pm.

FrankelandFilly Mon 07-Jul-14 09:21:14

Well done on the weight gain Draf and hope your nips are toughening up!

Dor I had a fair bit of discharge, I never asked my midwife about it but assumed it was normal.

euro hope your appointments go well today, I'm keeping everything crossed centime can stay put for a while longer.

FriendofDorothy Mon 07-Jul-14 09:27:15

I am generally properly fucked off this morning.

The Little Mister has been a Grade A little shit this morning.
The Mister has also been a dickhead.

I could cry. I am knackered and I have 2 more weeks at work!

FrankelandFilly Mon 07-Jul-14 09:43:31

Oh not fun Dor, can you pull a sickie at all to get some time to yourself?

FriendofDorothy Mon 07-Jul-14 09:48:00

No chance. I have loads of Child Protection meetings and reports to get done before I go off hmm

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 07-Jul-14 10:34:32

Sorry things are tough, Dor! Discharge I has bucket loads of in third tri particularly. Nothing to worry about unless it smells bad or is itchy. What have the misters done wrong?

Good Mondays all round. And nothing wrong w a snooze at 2pm bugs!

FriendofDorothy Mon 07-Jul-14 10:40:25

The Little Mister threw a tantrum over breakfast and then practically pushed himselff off the chair backwards.

The Mister was sat looking at his phone during this whole incident, ignoring us both.

I think I just have the pregnancy rage.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 07-Jul-14 13:17:30

I've hit the wall. Thank goodness I work flexible hours so I can bunk off early.

Hope you're feeling a bit better Dor

RaspberrySnowCone Mon 07-Jul-14 14:55:43

Afternoon Hags. I'm currently in bed with a chest infection and therefore off work .... again. my poor boss must just give up with me. Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Congrats on new arrivals! Sorry to hear you are having such a shite time Euro, my friends little un was born very prem after a car accident and he's come on in leaps and bounds, he's done really well. Haven't followed the thread right back to know exactly the issues so hope butting in doesn't annoy more than help but will be thinking of you.

Our adoption journey is going quite well so far, we are now officially 'Stage 1' adopters and having references checked and have about 10 bulky but interesting books to read and have been put in touch with a friends friend who adopted who is happy to support us throughout process and into placement. We've also now done the first two days of the prep courses, another day to do if we progress to stage 2. If plans go smoothly we might be approved in January/February and can start looking for our child. Trying not to get ahead of myself yet though as MATV is in a constant state of 'woaaahh this is going fast' but he's coping smile so it may be that we take a few months break after this first bit which is fine, just to have some breathing space. All is well though. I don't really know any BESH these days I don't think and I'm kinda on the road to being a mum like you guys, even if they aren't born to me, so I hope you don't mind me popping in!

eurochick Mon 07-Jul-14 14:58:04

Just been in for a trace - all looking good. BP, etc all fine too. Next stop, scan tomorrow. I think KFZK has reached the point where he just wants the baby out though. As he put it, he has lost his nerve. I do kind of see his point. If we can safely get to next week, I think we will stop trying to push it any further at that point. The baby will be 33-34 weeks then.

bugs sorry to hear about the hip pain. I'm glad you can go home early today.

Dor that sounds like quite a day. I haven't had any odd discharge yet, but then I am a couple of weeks behind you.

eurochick Mon 07-Jul-14 15:01:30

rasp that's brilliant! It's so lovely to see you on here.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 07-Jul-14 17:25:17

Yey Rasp that's wonderful to hear and it's very exciting that you're on your way to Motherhood.

I finished work at 3.30 but have only just sat down. I arrived home to GP cutting back the neighbours trees that overhang our garden with a rope saw so he's had me helping him out. The garden is a lot lighter which is nice though.

GingerScouse Mon 07-Jul-14 18:52:36

Excellent progress rasp, and so lovely to see you on here!

Dor, I've had dreadful discharge for weeks. I must have spent more on sanitary products when diffed than before as I have to wear a panty liner all the time.

I have a shitty cold and feel like death. Work today has been vile, I've obviously forgotten to turn my psychic ability on again.

FrankelandFilly Mon 07-Jul-14 18:55:46

Rasp, lovely to hear from you and I'm so pleased that your journee is progressing quickly and smoothly.

euro glad the trace and BP were all well. I shall clutch a toe for tomorrow's scan.

Dor hope your day got better.

FriendofDorothy Mon 07-Jul-14 22:24:31

My day did get better. We went to a lovely local event for tea which we really enjoyed.

In other news I am dtruggling to find a carrycot for my second-hand MOuntain Buggy Duet. No-one selling on ebay seems to want to post to Guernsey and it is really annoying me that they won't even consider it!

FrankelandFilly Mon 07-Jul-14 22:44:18

That's a pain Dor, could you get them to deliver to someone on the mainland who could post/courier it on to you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now