Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mums to be in Kent.

(17 Posts)
picklebum2011 Mon 23-Jun-14 21:45:11

Any mums to be in the Kent area fancy sharing their journey? I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my second. Feeling a little lost as all my friends irw have had theirs or they're not thinking of children yet. Would be great to chat to other mums on the way.

carron01 Tue 24-Jun-14 16:28:01

Hi there
I'm in Bromley, where abouts are you?
I am 11 weeks, but would love to chat? How you been feeling about no 2? And how old is your first? X

LJHH Tue 24-Jun-14 16:29:48

I'm in bexley and I'm 31 weeks waves smile

carron01 Tue 24-Jun-14 16:34:21

Hey LJHH
How you doing? 1st baby? smile

LJHH Tue 24-Jun-14 16:43:23

Hi! @carron
Yep, first one, baby boy, due 22nd aug, so excited! Although wrote hospital lists today and had a temporary panicked 5 mins smile
How about you?

carron01 Tue 24-Jun-14 17:02:45

Bless, it is very exciting. Not that long! What hosp you going to? Are you all ready at home?

Its my first pregnancy and ive twins! Ive felt so awful since week 4 though, just want to feel excited -like you. I've not long come out of hospital with hyperemesis. Did you have any sickness?

Lesuffolkandnorfolk Tue 24-Jun-14 17:06:31

Have you all checked out Mumsnet Kent? The editor there is very proactive and good; she may be able to help organise meet ups and point you in the direction of local services.

LJHH Tue 24-Jun-14 17:43:08

I'm going to the PRU, it was that or Woolwich and farnborough won. If you're Bromley, I'm guessing you're the same?

I am all ready (my house looks like mothercare, it's quite ridiculous) but as we need to move house before he arrives (that's a whoooole other matter...) I can't put his crib & wardrobe etc up and I'm desperate to get it all done.

Oh wow, twins, congrats! (Ooohhhh shopping for 2 babies!) I guess it's far too early to tell the sex of them, will you find out? You poor thing, I do feel sorry for you feeling rubbish.
I had absolutely no sickness at all. I have been so lucky, touch wood, no problems so far

DrFunkesFamilyBandSolution Wed 25-Jun-14 21:04:30

Same area as LJHH! <waves> And we have a house move to do before I pop so will come to you for tips grin

Giving birth in Dec so hoping to use the brand new birthing suite at QE Woolwich!
Will be DC3 for me (DC1 is 2 & a half, DC2 is almost 1).

LJHH Wed 25-Jun-14 21:27:31

Hi @drfunkes <waves back!>
Congrats on dc3 smile
I didn't know it was all shiny and new at Woolwich, everyone I knew warned me off. Where did you have your other DC?

DrFunkesFamilyBandSolution Thu 26-Jun-14 16:42:18

Other two at Woolwich too! No complaints about the before & during but the aftercare is clearly suffering from cuts!
No one I know has had a bad experience there, aside from understaffing meaning delayed inductions/c sections etc

LJHH Thu 26-Jun-14 20:30:37

When I had my booking in appt at Queen Mary's, the midwife worked for Farnborough and there wasn't a Queen Elizabeth midwife available so it was basically have PRU and do the appt now or rebook the appt for a different day with the QE midwife.
Would of been nice if they let you look round before you had to decide, but ultimately I don't really care where he comes out so long as we're both ok smile

picklebum2011 Thu 26-Jun-14 22:53:26

Hi everyone thanks for replying. I'm further south in Deal near Dover. I'm really excited about my second we know it's another girl too so easier to shop. My little girl is nearly four and is starting school soon, went up tonight for parents information evening, gulp, she seems too little to go, sob sob.
Wow carrion twins how exciting, sorry you have been so sick, have you got some medicine?
I never knew about mumsnetkent can you send me a link pretty please?
Ljhh ahh not long to go now....I remember Bering panicked over the bag, just makes it all so real and scary.

picklebum2011 Thu 26-Jun-14 22:55:08

Congrats on your third Dr are your other two getting excited too?

LJHH Fri 27-Jun-14 13:36:07

Anyone know anything about low platelets, had midwife this morning all was fine but need to have bloods each week to monitor platelet levels, from what I understand it's to do with blood not clotting?

MrsWombat Tue 01-Jul-14 08:10:01

Hello! I'm also in Bexley Borough and due in November. I'm having baby at QEII as it's the closest to our house, and the statistics are slightly better than DVH. I've been warned about the post natal wards, but I don't plan on staying in for long, and the birth is the important thing! I'm also eagerly awaiting the shining new midwife led unit, but I suspect as a VBAC I'm not eligible.

LJHH I've got low platelets too, but only have to have blood tests at my usual midwife appointments. From what I understand it's just something they need to monitor, and it it gets too low it can affect your birth choices. I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's the back of my mine.

izzy2005 Tue 22-Jul-14 18:57:18

I'm 24 weeks and living in Darenth, hi everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now