Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leaving the first trimester behind and hopefully all the sickness and worry that has come with it. January 2015 thread #5

(1000 Posts)
Dec2013mummy Sat 21-Jun-14 08:53:00

I love how much we talk!! No one else seems to go through threads this fast. Can someone on a laptop add the threads in to this first page please so people can update. smile

RPopz Sat 21-Jun-14 09:02:41

That was quick! grin

KeepOnPloddingOn Sat 21-Jun-14 09:05:55

smile we are a chatty bunch!

Starbright24 Sat 21-Jun-14 09:20:31

Lovely scan pictures. Getting nervous for mine on Thursday. Hopefully I'll have a wriggly bean as I had to tell a bunch of friends last night who'd guessed anyway.

ViviPru Sat 21-Jun-14 09:21:01

Wow we're thundering through the threads! I just went to click on the link on the last thread and accidentally clicked the 'share on Facebook' button. Gah - close window close window! Haha that would be a fuck up of the highest order, DHs siblings and BF don't know yet!!

We've settled on telling those closest to us in person, but we're not seeing DHs BF till mid-August so for now the media blackout contines....

Saraswati Sat 21-Jun-14 09:31:44

Ooo new thread, we are chatty! Just marking my place... Haven't been sick for 2 days and have stopped taking my anti-nausea meds as an experiment, trying not to say this out loud unless the law of sod kicks in and I start puking again! Think lots of non-pukey thoughts for me ladies smile

Dec2013mummy Sat 21-Jun-14 09:34:52

Oh I meant to say add the stats!! Baby brain... I love how I can blame all mistakes on that now.
star mine is in Thursday too! Arghhh so nervous.

Allthefours Sat 21-Jun-14 09:39:33

Morning ladies! Haven't really posted much - can't keep up with you all, but have been lurking on the other threads. I have my scan on Thursday, nervous and excited and hopefully a more definitive due date.

We're at a family wedding later today, I've opted to drive as my excuse for not drinking, I just hope that excuse works! I'm 11+2 today by LMP. We plan on telling our children tomorrow, as we have DSD with us and want to tell them together, but then swear them to secrecy until after the scan. My 14 year old DD may end up blabbing though, can't keep anything in!!

Happyday24 Sat 21-Jun-14 09:59:11

Is anyone else super emotional at the moment? I've just cried at the SMA advert 'You're doing great' and then a few minutes later at another advert about a lonely dog!

What is going on?! I can literally cry at the drop of a hat at the moment.

My scan is next Friday when I will be 12+1. I am going to be a blubbering wreck!

Dec2013mummy Sat 21-Jun-14 10:03:31

That sma advert is so true!!

KeepOnPloddingOn Sat 21-Jun-14 10:03:50

Happy- I have been sobbing all morning. I'm totally fine, just mindlessly sobbing. Very odd.

cheshirem2b Sat 21-Jun-14 10:05:34

happyday I'm very emotional at the moment! Almost in tears when people are nice, something on tv etc etc!

Had a busy day yesterday out shopping with my mum and then went for dinner with DH. Paying for it today feeling tired and sick... Got to keep going though because I'm singing in a concert tonight and have rehearsals this afternoon! Tomorrow I think I'll just sleep!

Bangkokbaby Sat 21-Jun-14 10:07:26

Ok, hope this works...
The one looking down the way is the twin at the top of my uterus, the one looking up is nestled down the bottom!

Happyday24 Sat 21-Jun-14 10:08:37

Glad it's not just me, even during class photographs at school last week, I nearly cried because my class looked so sweet and were behaving so well.

I had to give myself a mental shake by the shoulders and say 'pull it together!' Argh!

Happyday24 Sat 21-Jun-14 10:09:42

Crossed posts - wow Bangkokbaby! Amazing!

Starbright24 Sat 21-Jun-14 10:29:10

Lovely scan pictures. Getting nervous for mine on Thursday. Hopefully I'll have a wriggly bean as I had to tell a bunch of friends last night who'd guessed anyway.

Starbright24 Sat 21-Jun-14 10:30:06

What? ... sorry for repost. Not sure how that happened
Grrr

KeepOnPloddingOn Sat 21-Jun-14 10:32:13

Aw bangkok

Camsie30 Sat 21-Jun-14 10:36:13

Bangkok that is amazing!!! two babies, what a wonderful blessing! I had a terrible night's sleep as usual, but woke up feeling SO HAPPY! Its all surreal but so incredible that our bodies are growing ACTUAL PEOPLE!!
Happy Saturday you lovely lot xx

rumisyum Sat 21-Jun-14 11:12:51

Aw, Bangkok, TWO babies! That's amazing. smile

Here are the stats

Have had such a horrible, anxious few days about work and then woke with a little spotting this morning, so I've decided to book myself a scan for lunchtime today. Hopefully all will be splendid and seeing a little wriggly bean will be what I need to be able to push these anxieties aside.

RPopz Sat 21-Jun-14 11:19:40

That SMA advert always gets me, even before I was pg!!

Hope alls well Rum x

Loobyloo893 Sat 21-Jun-14 11:20:58

Morning all just marking my place.
Finally got DH home after five weeks away so I'm pretty happy today, even the sickness isn't bothering me as much grin

Starbright24 Sat 21-Jun-14 11:21:28

Is that 2 people we have with twins now?
Super news Bankok

good luck rum smile

RPopz Sat 21-Jun-14 11:22:48

Forgot to say, I've been feeling much less nauseous this week too. No retching for ages! The end is in sight ladies!! grin

HenriettaTurkey Sat 21-Jun-14 11:39:37

I'm liking all these tales of reduced nausea. Still strong here - my return to work interview is next Wednesday so will have to try and get it under control by then!

This thread is not accepting new messages.