Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Twins Plus due Oct/Nov/Dec 2014

(18 Posts)
Ladylel Tue 17-Jun-14 17:32:53

I'm sticking my neck out there for a more up to date thread on twin or multiples due the last quarter of the year unless someone can point me in the direction of a thread that's up and running and I'm being blind in finding it.

I'm expecting my firsts, twins, currently DD is December 2nd but have a feeling this will be more than likely Mid November if NHS guidelines are anything to go by...

Can't wait for others to join me tho smile

BloomingOrBallooning Tue 17-Jun-14 20:19:34

Hi,

I have twins due 30th November. I haven't come across any other thread yet either :-/

Ladylel Tue 17-Jun-14 22:05:46

Bloomingorballoingshall we start a trend? There was at least 2 people on my December thread expecting twins!

Bangkokbaby Fri 20-Jun-14 08:10:32

Hello! Can I join?
Just found out yesterday that we are expecting twins on Dec 26th.
Am still in shock!

rockstars12 Tue 01-Jul-14 12:42:36

I'm expecting twins due date 30th November.

chesmermas Wed 16-Jul-14 00:08:22

I'm expecting ID twins and I think due 30 Nov as well (about 37 weeks then)! How's everyone preparations? This is my 1st pregnancy so pretty overwhelmed!!

familyfortunes Sat 19-Jul-14 23:05:24

hello...my twins dd is 19th Oct. Have a ds who is 14mo, so going to have my hands full wink My 2 are non-identical, we think 2 dd but 1 is lying transverse so a bit awkward to see!!
Starting to get excited and really need to get organised.

Bangkokbaby Sun 20-Jul-14 19:35:12

Hello! Its good to see some other people also expecting twins, feels quite strange sometimes, all the books and info is for single pregnancies!
I have bought a couple of twins books, mothering multiples and the obem one.
I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed still, no idea how we are going to cope. Its my first pregnancy too.

miraculous2 Mon 21-Jul-14 08:23:11

Hello

ID twins here, 40 week EDD is 7th Dec but expecting any time Sept/Oct/ up to mid Nov due to complications - TTTS, which only happens to ID twins who share a placenta (I'd be happy to help you know what to look out for but I don't want to hijack this thread so let me know and we can take it elsewhere).

20 weeks now, found out it was ID twins at 6 weeks so I've had quite a long time to get used to the idea. Still don't have a clue how we're going to manage! I'm coasting on the notion that somehow you just do...

Best of luck to all you twin mummies, I'd love to hear how you're doing

smile

familyfortunes Mon 21-Jul-14 20:54:51

I'm 27+1 weeks, my tummy feels like my skin is gonna burst.
DS is 14 months and starting to take bad temper tantrums when he's tired or getting strapped into car seat/buggy as he wants to toddle everywhere...having a wee wobble about how I'm going to cope with 3 under 2...hopefully ds matures in the next 10 weeks wink
Still need to get nursery organised, I need to get a shift on.
Think I'll get myself a twin book at the weekend, hopefully start to prepare me smile

slightlyinsane Sun 03-Aug-14 19:15:46

Hi

slightlyinsane Sun 03-Aug-14 19:21:20

Blinking phone!! I'll try again. Hi my id twins are 10 wksnow, how time fflies. Please please please ask any questions you need answering. Id mummies to be I'm jumping on what miraculous2 has mentioned, research the hell out of ttts in both it's forms, tops and taps, many hospitals don't know about it or if they do they don't look for it properly. My 2 had taps. Please ask any questions you have wether it's about ttts, labour, feeding anything. Good luck xx

BloomingOrBallooning Tue 05-Aug-14 23:36:01

Hi Slightly

How many weeks did you carry your id twins for and did they spend any time in scbu?

Mine are MCDA so TTTS is always a niggling worry in the back of my mind but the scans so far have been good. Tops and taps are not a term i've heard before though.

Ponyboycurtis Tue 05-Aug-14 23:42:23

Hello, just wanted to tell you all a secret and then i'll leave you to it...... its bloody brilliant having twins and dont let anyone tell you any different. For those of you where its your first pregnancy try not to be too overwhelmed, afterall, you dont know any different.
Remember, its NEVER double trouble but always Twice the Fun.
My ID girls are 5 now and I only ever get broody when I see baby twins.
Final thing - ENJOY Xx

BloomingOrBallooning Tue 05-Aug-14 23:47:04

Hi Pony

I'm strangly excited about making epic piles of sandwiches when we all go for picnics, and huge family christmas dinners.

:-)

Ponyboycurtis Tue 05-Aug-14 23:56:51

Bathtimes the best fun........ Not to mention four little arms and four little legs giving you a cuddle. Honestly, you'll have a ball ��

slightlyinsane Wed 06-Aug-14 01:19:27

Hi blooming, we got to 36+2 when I went into labour naturally. By the skin of our teeth we missed a nicu stay, we did have to stay in a wk though.
Taps and tops are the types of ttts not that you'll see much about the different types. Tops is the more common form which I'm guessing is what they're checking for at your scans. Tops is the one that affects the amniotic fluid the most easily recognised one.
Am I right in thinking you're about 24 wks??? Which hospital are you at?
Twins are hard work but amazing to, the lack of sleep is sooooo worth it.

BloomingOrBallooning Wed 06-Aug-14 12:47:46

I'm with Musgrove Park, Taunton. They were excellent when I had be DS a couple of years ago so I have quite a high level of confidence in them. They haven't had much luck measuring the blood flow in the babies brains with the doppler though, only managing to get a reading once.

Yes, I'm just about 24 weeks now and starting to feel that I need to begin to slow down a bit.

Did you find that the standard maternity clothes still fitted you at the end? I made the mistake of googling "37 weeks pregnant with twins" the other day and the size of the bumps on display was terrifying :-/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now