Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

We have fire in our bellies, we're incubating our little Penis Dragons! #4

(26 Posts)
Spotti Mon 16-Jun-14 12:59:37

New thread!

Spotti Mon 16-Jun-14 13:03:12

>twiddling thumbs<

...tumble weed...

hanflan Mon 16-Jun-14 13:16:54

Thanks spotti!

MrsGingerbread Mon 16-Jun-14 13:26:56

You are in Conception... is that where you want to be? smile

hanflan Mon 16-Jun-14 13:42:17

Nooooooo! haha spotti! Help!

Just hopping on!

I've been feeling terrible all morning. I really hope I'm not coming down with anything.

I hope you're ok Broody. What did the doc say? thanks

Thanks for the thread Spotti!

MrsG as long as we're together who cares? grin

lindamagoo Mon 16-Jun-14 13:48:45

Thank you Spotti smile

lindamagoo Mon 16-Jun-14 14:03:56

I'm so excited! I can defo feel baby moving. It's happening again right now smile

hanflan Mon 16-Jun-14 14:04:19

Ahhhh linda that is so exciting!

broodysnoopstie Mon 16-Jun-14 14:11:23

Little update. Doc thinks I'm having an allergic reaction she doesn't know what to. She really really didn't want to give me anything. I begged. She looked up 4 different drugs in a book and settled on cetirizine hydrochloride. She said if it's so bad you need time off work I'll happily write you a note I think she'd rather have signed me off than prescribe anything! I took the prescription and ran to chemist. Chemist was concerned and got her book out! Not one of them suggested calamine lotion even when I asked for anything like a lotion or cream that wasn't medicine. I went to tesco and got some anyway thanks to you lot! I've put it on and hope it helps and if it doesn't or gets worse I'll take the pills. Feel better soon Poly

broodysnoopstie Mon 16-Jun-14 14:12:14

eeek Linda very very exciting! !

lindamagoo Mon 16-Jun-14 14:13:27

Broody I hope one or the other works for you

lindamagoo Mon 16-Jun-14 14:14:47

I'm still in shock broody, never expected it this early but dr google said it's possible so I believe him, lol.

broodysnoopstie Mon 16-Jun-14 14:24:29

aww yay Dr Google!

sazzlehopes Mon 16-Jun-14 14:25:37

Well I found you - but only just!! And yes I agree, what a lovely bunch you/we all are!

Been in France the last week on a lovely holiday bronzing the bump. grin I've caught up I think on all your news!! And by news I mean, norks, sil's, FOOD, poos, and Thierry Henry.....Well done ladies, I did miss you all!

Wanted to say so sorry to english i was really sad to read that, not what I expected at all. So very shit for you. Hope you are doing ok and want to see you back here very soon xx

And congrats to spotti nice to see familiar names hopping over from the bus!

25+2 Holy cats balls it is going waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too fast now!

sazzlehopes Mon 16-Jun-14 14:34:29

And broody i've no idea if it is the same but last year i had similar to you (i am from a generally itchy psoriasis family too) thought it was a heat rash - went to the docs, they said yes don't know what it is, maybe heat stay out the sun, were really unhelpful (was at the really hot bit of summer last year) - i tried all manner of things to calm it down and not being preggo i tried the lot nothing worked then a few weeks later it suddenly went from little spots to looking like psoriasis... i went back to the doctors (saw a different one) and he said yes it was 'raindrop psoriasis' completely unrelated to whether you have a history of psoriasis or not. Anyway he said get out in the sun to clear it up and gave me something for it and it was gone. When it was healed i was left with odd white patches that faded and this year you can hardly notice them. What was odd was he said it is sometimes an overreaction to something you have had about 4 weeks prior - like a bad cold or sore throat. And weirdly I did have a dreadful sore throat about a month before I came out in these spots. They call it raindrop because of the way the pattern forms - like you've been sprinkled with it. So mine was only on chest, tummy, legs etc not above boobs, or back or face.
Sorry this is a long post but hope it helps! this info might too

broodysnoopstie Mon 16-Jun-14 14:51:15

Sazzle Thanks that's very interesting. Sun does normal cure my ordinary psorasis and like you describe leaves white patches when it goes. Theese have gotten a lot bigger in 24 hours and are raised like mosquito bites. Will look at link now xx

sazzlehopes Mon 16-Jun-14 15:02:24

Mine didn't look anything like psoriasis to start off with, otherwise i'd have known what to do. It was only several weeks later it suddenly had the familiar look that i went back to the docs and said this is not a heat rash!!
Good luck discovering what yours is!

Knottyknitter Mon 16-Jun-14 15:03:18

Scan went well!

NT 1.8 which is nice and normal, although still need to wait for blood results for screening proper. Little tyke kept looking at us though, took ages to get a side view to measure!

broodysnoopstie Mon 16-Jun-14 15:05:40

yay Knotty! Brilliant news. Sazzle.. very intriguing. I'll be keeping a close eye. if it is psoriasis related I'll be in right place to treat it as in 3 weeks I'll be flying to greece grin

lindamagoo Mon 16-Jun-14 15:11:02

Brilliant news knotty smile

Spotti Mon 16-Jun-14 15:15:38

What.An.Idiot.

Try again lol

New Thread

(Spent so long over here that I didn't even realise I'd put this in the wrong place!)

Spotti Mon 16-Jun-14 15:26:38

^ ignore that. I've done it again. Bear with...

attempt number 3!

(At least I'm getting good with the links!)

Knottyknitter Mon 16-Jun-14 15:33:11

spotti If it helps I've reported this thread to hq and asked them to move it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now