Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2014 reaching the final stretch!

(994 Posts)
ilovemonstersInc Fri 06-Jun-14 11:42:21

Last thread was full.
Some of us are in the last trimester and some nearly there!! Eeek not long left!

dontevenblink Fri 06-Jun-14 12:19:44

Thanks for starting the new thread Ilove

Aarghhh I know, one week until 3rd trimester for me, and I already have my C-section date of 1st September so makes it even more scary!!!
The countdown begins....

KitKat1985 Fri 06-Jun-14 13:00:30

Thanks for the new thread Ilove. Can't believe we're all in / nearly in the third trimester! Where has the time gone?!?

misog2000 Fri 06-Jun-14 13:40:11

Thanks Ilove.

I'm due the end of September, so a bit behind most people on here, but it's still starting to feel a bit more real now, moving house on 1st August and it will be nice to get settled in and start sorting out baby's room etc

ilovemonstersInc Fri 06-Jun-14 13:54:15

Its all very scary and exciting at the same time now!
Been cramping a lot with back pains since last night. Very glad its stopped now!

cookielove Fri 06-Jun-14 15:32:40

Just looking for the new thread and here is a brand new shiny one.

Got my hair cut and coloured today, completely forgot to go for the skin test and they didn't check, spent the whole time hoping I wouldn't react!

whiteblossom Fri 06-Jun-14 15:40:10

Thanks for new thread ilove.

My dh has been a little tired and grumpy over the last week few days and he just popped out to get me some flowers and said he's sorry hes been a a bit grumpy and thank for being lovely to him while he has been! ahhh smile

My parents go away tomorrow and my mum has made me promise her I will take it easy and not over do it! I do go on a bit of a mission sometimes grin

Getting my toenails done tomorrow yay a bit of pampering.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

IAteSomeofthePies Fri 06-Jun-14 15:56:45

Thanks ILove!

Cookie I'm so jealous of your California trip! My hometown is in CA, but I won't get back this summer. Where are you going? Have a great time.

I passed my glucose tolerance test today. Yay! I was really worried about not having chocolate for the third trimester.

Dazedconfused Fri 06-Jun-14 16:24:42

thanks ilove

I have been a bit quiet for come of weeks because my app stopped working but plan to get into this thread proper grin
getting our spare room done up in next few weeks and can't wait I quite like a jungle theme for our wee lass. love all the giraffe toys that are about though

EllaBella220 Fri 06-Jun-14 17:05:44

25 weeks pregnant and still not so much as a sock bought! There was just so much stuff inbetween to sort out that I haven't got around to it and to be honest I am now wondering if the gender scan result was 100%. They said they were pretty confident it is a girl but I am terrified that they have it wrong.

I have my youngest sons first holy communion tomorrow and then I can finally concentrate on the decorating and buying baby things. My sister has everything I need apart from a few odds and ends so I am just going to buy everything off her as it's all perfect condition and saves me looking for things and endless shopping trips.

My OH finally seems to have realised that he has been a lazy sod recently (his work and family issues have got him down, I think he might have been slightly depressed but I am trying to talk him into leaving others to their problems and focusing on himself and his routine as he has been drinking and sleeping a little too much. Well a LOT too much but he seems to have had a break through this week) and he wants me to make a list of all the things at home he needs to do as he wants to get them done now ASAP. I hope his burst of energy lasts! And I also hope his parents realise they are putting too much on him with their problems but I think hoping to win the euromillions would be more realistic as they are too selfish to care that they are burdening him with problems they are causing themselves. Anyway that's a whole other topic!

It's to rain tomorrow so I have decided not to bother going to get my hair and make up done and I'm regretting it already. It would be nice to be pampered but I don't want to waste money on it when I am going to be in the rain getting to the chapel (parking is shocking, we'll have to park a few streets away) and getting back to the car so have decided to do my own and then most likely go home and re-do it before the meal.

lilone1234 Fri 06-Jun-14 17:15:17

Hi ladies...

Had part two of my antenatal class today. Practiced birth positions and breathing (breathing was actually really good and I could see it being helpful if you could remember to make yourself concentrate and do it properly in labour!) but DP just was not taking it seriously and although he says he will when the time comes I just can't help but think he's going to do nothing but piss me off and i'll end up with no support.

Starting to feel quite worried that none of my friends nearby have children and feeling like i'm going to be very isolated when I go on maternity leave and beyond. Even my mum is over an hour away and works and as DP has been out of work so long (has been at new job now for three weeks and is already moaning about how hard the journey is and wanting to find something else - much un-needed stress!) he doesn't qualify for paternity leave either.

I'm used to being very independent but you're constantly told about how important it is to have support and now i'm not sure how i'm going to cope.

It's just all very big!!

EllaBella220 Fri 06-Jun-14 17:21:04

Lilone you might find that those friends with no kids are a blessing! I know when I had no kids I just loved going to see other peoples babies and offering my help. My friends all have kids of their own now so aren't really too bothered when anyone else has a baby. In fact, everyone (family etc) has their own kids so there's really no help offered from any of them any more! Friends with no kids are also great at keeping your social life going and insisting you still do stuff that YOU enjoy and not just things for the baby. There are the ones though who just abandon you because babies are alien to them.....you just don't know how they'll react but hopefully you have some good ones in the mix.

lilone1234 Fri 06-Jun-14 17:43:31

Thanks Ella, I hope so!

I am also worried about the gender scan being wrong too. No reason to be really, but you can't help but worry!

FoodieMum3 Fri 06-Jun-14 18:14:32

Hi ladies. Can't believe we are on our 3rd thread!

When does the 3rd trimester begin, is it 27 or 28 weeks? It will be great to get that far.

I had my GTT this morning, the time flew. I brought my iPhone, a magazine and a book and had a lovely relaxing time.
There were 6 of us there and we were all 26 weeks, it was so strange to see how bump size varies so much. Some were huge, others you'd hardly know they were pregnant. I think mine is somewhere in between.
Fingers crossed the results will be ok now, they said I would get a phone call on Monday if they're not.

I've bought a box of avent bottles (planning on bf but will express also) and one packet of 0-3 sleep suits. That's all but we have alot from previous 2 DC.
If it was my first I'd probably go absolutely crazy buying.

Hope you're all well and have a lovely weekend x

xxmissbrightsidexx Fri 06-Jun-14 20:44:28

Thanks for the new thread xx
Absolutely shattered, today has been a bitch of a day and I'll be glad when I can chill with the OH, non alcoholic kopparbergs and Breaking Bad!
Have a good evening everyone xx

Cindy5389 Fri 06-Jun-14 20:52:09

Thanks for creating the new tread!

MIL went to a seminar at the hospital and managed to get lots of baby related freebies smile I only thought there would b a couple of things in the bags, but turns out there r colic reducing bottles, colic drops, shampoo, teething gel, bibs and all sorts.

Me and dh have next week off work so I hope we make lots of progress with the new house and get the nursery sorted.. The last week my dh had off last month without me, he did hardly anything! I don't think he realises there isn't much time left to get everything sorted.

cookielove Fri 06-Jun-14 21:00:35

Iate the first week we are in Ventura then we are hotelling it the 2nd week heading up to San Francisco!

topmammy Fri 06-Jun-14 21:13:26

Thanks for new thread ilove.

Well I am so happy that after waiting for bloomin aaages! the carpet in the nursery has finally been put in today grin starting to look more like a room now.

So I'm celebrating with a bump photo smile (excuse the boxes..it's the car seat!)

I'm finding I'm only comfy wearing leggings with dresses/tunic tops now.The maternity work trousers are getting too tight! Might have something to do with my bum growing as well as my bump though blush

Anyone else really hungry all the time? I sure am. Was nearly salivating over the M&S bbq food advert haha!

holls2000 Fri 06-Jun-14 21:49:22

Lovely to have a new thread :-)
Have been on a course today - long train journey home from London and my ankles are huge. I look like an elephant.
Sitting here with them up on 6 pillows to come back to looking like me!

Topsyloulou Fri 06-Jun-14 22:04:53

Thanks for the new thread.

In Somerset for the weekend visiting DPs grandma. Will be the last time before the little man arrives as don't fancy doing the 4+ hour journey when I'm heavily pregnant.

DPs grandma announced to her sister in the phone this evening that she doesn't think I'll make it to September as I look ready to pop now! Charming, especially as I'm measuring bang on for 26 weeks!

Teabiscuits Fri 06-Jun-14 22:41:01

Thanks for new thread ilove

Sounds like everyone is really starting to prepare for the new arrivals! We have changed our minds on getting a multimac seat for the 4 kids, and are looking at 7 seaters, mainly due to wanting to be able to keep the two youngest rear facing for as long as possible. We have managed to save £3000 for the new car, and hoping to get £1000 part ex for the old one so a fairly modest budget, but hopefully enough to get something reasonable. Does anyone have any experience of people carriers? We are thinking Ford Galaxy, Seat Alhambra or VW Sharan. Don't think a Zafira or similar will do it, as we will need a boot!

Oh how I envy all of you that are only having to choose which car seat to go for!

Hope everyone enjoyed the sunshine today x

IAteSomeofthePies Fri 06-Jun-14 22:57:00

Cookie sounds fun. Do you have family in Ventura?

Foodie I found the GTT surprisingly relaxing, too! I guess I'd been scared by horror stories online, but it was all fine. even the lucozade was welcome after no breakfast. Sorry you have to wait a little for the results. It was nice to find out then and there.

Carpet and bump look great, TopMammy!

We've also not bought a single thing for the baby at 28 weeks. I was too superstitious at first, but it's probably time.

topmammy Fri 06-Jun-14 23:44:09

Thanks Pies although the carpet in bump photo is my room. Behold!! the carpet in this photo is the nursery lol. I dont usually take photos of empty rooms btw but was just excited earlier grin We've gone for very simple colours on the walls, but hope to jazz it up a bit with some wall stickers.

Certainly don't envy your car/child transport decisions tea. Got DH's car tax reminder today though and that made us want to get a different car. It goes up every year! And we've had to buy 2 new actual wheels due to pot hole damage buckling the wheel. Anyway I best get off my soapbox about that one haha.

bugoven Sat 07-Jun-14 07:23:39

Hello everyone!

It's all coming together here with the nursery and, after feeling very unwell for weeks with breathlessness and palpitations, Spatone has finally made me feel alive again. Had a really busy week at work (school) and loved it. Definitely feeling more optimistic about making it to the Summer Holidays.

ella my OH has been similar but has admitted to being quite frightened now it is dawning on him how big a deal this baby is. His dad has been living with us for 6 months and this hasn't helped as we are constantly refereeing dramas between him and OH's mum (they divorced 5 years ago). He moves out this weekend so we'll have a few months to ourselves before baby arrives when we can make our own dramas =P

topmammy my bump looks very similar to yours in size and shape I think. Lovely pics.

bugoven Sat 07-Jun-14 08:06:13

Here is a nursery-in progress pic =)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now