Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2015

(998 Posts)
fraggle84 Wed 21-May-14 16:19:52

ive just got my bfp!!!!

from dates im due 1st feb smile

JacktheLab Tue 08-Jul-14 15:56:48

Oh and how's everyone getting on?

Hanflan hope you feel better soon!

Blank hope your scan goes ok?

hanflan Tue 08-Jul-14 16:06:20

Haha oh you poor thing! Sounds like a holiday is much needed!

Memphisbelly Tue 08-Jul-14 16:11:21

Jackthelab I was doing paperwork yesterday luckily at home and woke myself up snoring!
Myself and dh are both daredevils, ds got his first 50cc moto x bike at aged 2! He is fearless.

So I am hitting 12 weeks this week and at work I measured my belly, for my recent wedding I got my waist down to 28 inches....it is now 36! This is a growth of around 3/4 of an inch A WEEK! <faints> and this is with hardly eating anything!
I snapped at dh today he is delayed with work so won't be home tomorrow.

ToriB34 Tue 08-Jul-14 16:55:20

Ive got my repeat scan tomorrow after the one I had last week put me at 5 weeks instead of the expected 7+4. Im so so scared that it wont have grown and I've had a missed mc. Ive taken this week off work as I've not been sleeping. My nausea has kicked in in the last week, which would be particularly cruel if the bean has stopped developing.

Memphisbelly Tue 08-Jul-14 16:58:59

Oh Tori please let us know how you get on, will be keeping positive thoughts for you tomorrow, hopefully the sickness is a positive thing and all will be ok

freneticfox Tue 08-Jul-14 17:28:51

9 weeks today and all I've managed to do is mooch around on the sofa, making trips to the kitchen for smoothies. Serious fruit craving going right now, can't get enough. I suppose I should be grateful while it lasts!

Was given Metaclopramide yesterday to try and help my night sickness (seriously, I'm fine all day then come bedtime, I'm a mess). I managed to get to sleep ok last night, but kept waking up. Going to give it another few days to see if it settles down. On my fourth anti-emetic to try and help control it and I'm getting down to my last tether. It's really upsetting.. and I know a lot of women have it round the clock so I should be grateful. But I just want to be able to sleep sad

Memphisbelly Tue 08-Jul-14 17:50:01

frenetic have you tried sleeping more propped up?

blankfornames Tue 08-Jul-14 17:57:39

Thanks so much y'all. Had a fantastic first scan! She couldn't see anything externally which gave me an awful fright but she went in with a probe & everything is as it should be. Got to see & hear the heartbeat. Amazing feeling!

Tori, best of luck tomorrow. Keep us updated!

ToriB34 Tue 08-Jul-14 18:22:57

Blank.. did they see a gestational sac at all externally?!?

Just, I think youre the same gestation I was last week, and they saw a sac with a tiny blob in it. Now im wondering if I'd had an internal scan, theyd have seen more?? And yep, that is a straw I'm clutching at!!

Glad you had a good scan result xx

Memphisbelly Tue 08-Jul-14 18:27:00

tori I was 7+2 and they saw nothing externally at all but internally saw sac straight away

blankfornames Tue 08-Jul-14 18:31:36

Yes Tori. She said that I've a tilted uterus that's why she needed to go in. 40% of women have apparently.

freneticfox Tue 08-Jul-14 18:34:20

Memphis I'm sleeping on three propped up pillows which helps me nod off, still waking up though.

You know that mouth-watery, hot feeling you get before you're sick? I get that ALL night, but without the actual vomming. I've got a stomach of steel, and to be honest I loathe being sick, but I could do with a break.

I was naughty and googled 'morning sickness ends at 9 weeks' - seems there's a minority of women whose MS starting easing at this point. Can't hurt to think positively, right?

fluffymouse Tue 08-Jul-14 18:38:20

I've booked my early scan for next week now. Wish me luck!

blankfornames Tue 08-Jul-14 18:41:22

Sorry Tori, totally misread your msg ( had just woken from a snooze). She looked for a minute or so externally & couldn't see anything. Bean appeared instantly once she went in.
G' luck 2m

Memphisbelly Tue 08-Jul-14 19:17:39

Frenetic urgh I hate that watery mouth it is awful. Really hoping it passes for you, it has passed totally for me now but I still am eating really really slowly, wish I could devour food.

A lot of women have tilted womb but it isn't until about 10-11 weeks that the baby is heavy enough to push the uterus forward enough to see it regardless of if you have a tilted wonb or not, and as bladder is behind this is why they tell you to make sure you are busting for a wee when you go for your scan so it pushes it forward enough to see.

Who is planning on finding out the sex at 20 week one? i want a private one at 17 weeks but dh says no and to wait until 20 weeks!

JacktheLab Tue 08-Jul-14 19:54:54

Memphis,

We are almost definitely going to find out this time, we didn't with ds but we're dead keen to have a girl so if it isn't then it would be good to have some time to get used to the idea of another boy.

donkir Tue 08-Jul-14 20:55:56

We're definitely finding out as it will be our only one so want to plan and get correct colours. Went to mothercare yesterday and there was hardly any unisex stuff. The things that were unisex were boring white.

JacktheLab Tue 08-Jul-14 20:57:22

Try boots they had cute stuff last time round smile

Memphisbelly Tue 08-Jul-14 21:06:35

Boots was great for us last time but this season it all looks too girly, Next was also great last time but its all very pink or boyish, I hate baby blue and baby pink, ds didn't wear much neutral but he didn't have one thing in baby blue. I am also a total tomboy so hoping if we have a girl people won't flood us with pink stuff.
Ds will insist on our baby being dressed as a superhero everyday I am sure grin

bellaboo88 Tue 08-Jul-14 22:04:08

Please can someone skilled start a new thread?

Didn't puke this morning at 8+5...did twice this afty tho :-( proper gagging/berps tho :-/

Fed up of it!
Roll on 4th august! Xx

freneticfox Tue 08-Jul-14 22:29:20

I can start a new thread if no-one else has volunteered?

freneticfox Tue 08-Jul-14 22:32:53
Memphisbelly Tue 08-Jul-14 22:41:52

Thanks frenetic! I have no clue on these things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now