Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 1014 - thread 5 - the rainbow collective romping (and limping) into 2nd trimester!

(988 Posts)
weeonion Tue 13-May-14 23:18:01

hi folks - thought we should have a new thread!

RandomInternetStranger Wed 14-May-14 01:49:11

Marking my place! smile

barmybunting Wed 14-May-14 05:01:12

Thanks wee onion, great thread name smile.

WinterLover Wed 14-May-14 05:51:41

thread 5 already! ! god i hate to think what well be on by Nov grin

Petal26 Wed 14-May-14 06:53:39

Morning all, marking my place!

utopian99 Wed 14-May-14 07:22:40

Mornin..

WheresMrMonkey Wed 14-May-14 07:41:10

Morning! Hope you had a good night posy

Nessalina Wed 14-May-14 08:02:28

Marking place smile

ladydolly Wed 14-May-14 08:17:24

Morning All,

Appreciate the sympathy and perspective on yesterday's weight gain moan. Tigsy I went swimming last night, I used to go to the gym every morning before work but just don't have the energy now so I think a swim every other day should help me feel a bit better. Dinner with a preggo friend also helped me realise it doesn't mean I'm going to gain at this rate the whole way through.... crosses fingers

Welcome to the newbies!!

Venus2 Wed 14-May-14 08:35:08

Just posted this on the other thread but it seems that we have already moved before finishing the last one. Eager beavers
Welcome Sapphire!
Following on from our discussion the other day, I emailed my mum this morning telling her that she can come and stay with us from 2 weeks after I get home from hospital. I know she will be sad to miss the birth (hence emailing her means I don't have to hear her cry) but I just want that bonding time with the baby and DH first.

weeonion Wed 14-May-14 08:44:24

Winterlover - we should run a sweepstake on what number thread we will be on by the time our first thread baby arrives !

Welcome to the newbies and hope we don't lose anyone on the transition to new thread!

bunnykitten Wed 14-May-14 09:10:03

Morning everyone, and welcome to the newbies!

alita7 Wed 14-May-14 09:26:42

Thanks for the thread! walking seems to have made my lower pelvic area acheeeee hoping It's muscles and bones and not my uterus!
I feel very full today!
Anyone in the south who hasn't left the house yet, don't wear a coat!

AussieGoingHomeSoon Wed 14-May-14 10:11:54

Hi All, I've not posted in ages but been reading ! Sounds like the last of the scans are getting done, had ours 2 weeks ago and yep there was a baby in there, so was super happy as was getting nervous as didnt feel pregnant and next to no symptoms, but then I never had much symptoms with my 1st 2 either. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who seems to pregnancy easily, my mum always says I look better pregnant, not sure if that's a compliment or not tho !

Got out nuchal results back at 1/3600 which I'm very happy with as baby no 2 was 1/160 which freaked me out but was still just in the low risk category so wasn't offered any extra tests and he was born fine !

I saw a few people talking about faster 2nd births, DD waters broke at 3am, she was born at 4.45pm. DS, starting to hurt contractions kicked in about 3am, got to hospital at 5.20am and he was born at 6.10am !! 2nd stage labour was 5 mins and pushing was 10mins, so I'm hoping for another one of those again !

Venus- my family are all in Oz too, my family came over 1st time about 2 weeks after birth, and I was 12 days over due date, it was perfect, had a little routine going and wasn't so clingy with baby so was happy to hand her over for lots of grandparent cuddles & as much as I adore my mum, I'd not want her in delivery room, she would get upset at seeing me in pain and would have been panicked when we got rushed to theatre as couldn't find baby's heartbeat !

Well this will sound weird, but I'm back to work from maternity leave on Monday !!! Ahhhhh, it's been 14 months off and I'm really not looking forward to it as cant stand my boss but just gotta remember its only gonna be for less then 6months, plus it will be nice to not be mum for a few hours/days each week and have a bit more adult conversation ! Told my boss after scan as got my 16 week appointment on my 3rd day back !grin And then a glucose test 2 weeks after that, I thought I needed the glucose test the 1st 2 pregnancys cause I was a lot more overweight then, but it's apparently cause my mum is from Singapore and South East Asian descent need it ! How weird is that ?

Gonna keep up with you guys a bit more ! 5 weeks till 20 week scan ! Yay, not finding out sex again as loved the surprise with DS

14+6

TwigletFiend Wed 14-May-14 10:22:48

Loving the thread title grin

Welcome new people, glad to see we're growing in numbers.

I'm a bit worried about the chromosome testing now, as NHS Wales don't offer combined testing, only the bloods. Does anyone know how accurate this is? Obviously less than the combined testing, but now wondering if it might be worth investing in further private tests if the 'probability' result comes back high-ish but below the NHS cut-off point. Couldn't see anything odd NT-wise in my scan, but then I'm not a professional so I probably wouldn't, would I?!

DP and I had another row this morning over something silly, the stress of constant fighting is really getting to me sad. Felt fine until then but sat at work and cried when I first got in (luckily the guy who shares my office is out today) and have had palpitations a couple of times already since then. I managed to bite my tongue and stay reasonably calm this time, but it's making life really hard and has kind of spoilt something I was quite looking forward to.

Non first-time mums, is anyone prone to thrush? Sorry to be a bit personal, but wondering if being particularly susceptible pre-pg makes you more likely to get it during breastfeeding or not?

amy83firsttimer Wed 14-May-14 10:28:47

Morning! Marking place, 14+2

We seem to have gone back a millennium to November 1014. Pass the mead! grin

Still in hospital waiting for a scan but feeling a whole lot better. Hopefully I can get out soon (and they will take this sodding thing out of my arm, I was so dehydrated when I came in that they had to dig around to find a vein, and now it hurts.)

Anybdy remember South Park the Movie? And Kyle singing "I want this v-chip out of me….." That's what this cannula feels like.

Twiglet hope the happy second trimester hormones kick in soon. Feeling preggy and irritable is rubbish.

weeonion Wed 14-May-14 10:58:49

Oops - sorry for the time machine title! I am typo queen - i blame the smartphone!! ;-)

TwigletFiend Wed 14-May-14 11:26:49

No mead for us wenches, I'm afraid!

Glad you're feeling improved Posy smile

Amyrose82 Wed 14-May-14 11:31:24

Morning all! Just checking in - and welcome to the group Sapphire!

Glad to hear you're on the mend Posygrin

13+6 and feeling... A-OK!

Looking forward to doing our very first bits of baby shopping at the baby show on Sunday grin Although MIL has been stocking up for weeks!

We've also got the crib that was DH's when he was a baby, bought in Germany (he was an army brat!) and still going strong 35 years later after countless babies all around the family! It's a lovely swingy wooden one. Need to get some new fabric to dress it as it's in white broiderie anglaise at the moment, and a new mattress...

weeonion Wed 14-May-14 12:03:32

Hi folks..
A question for harmony testees ....
How long did yours take to come back? I was told 16 days but now told 16 WORKING days which means i still have almost 2 weeks to go?????

alita7 Wed 14-May-14 12:18:41

My bump is now getting in way of me putting my laptop on my belly -.-

I went shopping today and knocked over about 50 things, which was very very annoying, as it hurts a bit and puts me out of breath to bend down and pick them up, especially when carrying things, and when my maternity trousers are a teeny bit baggy and if I bend over ride down a bit -.- sulks at first world problems!

bunnykitten Wed 14-May-14 12:21:18

Hmmm...I have strange chest pains. After a bit of googling it looks like it is heartburn rather than a heart attack (whew!) but I haven't had heartburn before and it seems to be making me hiccup and burp, which really hurts.

Has anyone else has this and when will it go away?!

amy83firsttimer Wed 14-May-14 12:48:04

I would imagine you'd get more and more heartburn the bigger baby gets so you'd be best trying to eat little and often and avoid spicy / fatty foods.

WinterLover Wed 14-May-14 14:19:50

what's good for constipation? im clearly not doing enough sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now