Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2014 - eviction notices being prepared, rose hip tea, curry, shagging and pineapple at the ready!

(459 Posts)
misshoohaa Thu 24-Apr-14 07:48:11

Hi all,

New thread and probably our last in ante-natal.

Holy crap!

Redcliff Thu 24-Apr-14 08:18:32

Thanks for starting of the new thread and yes - holy crap indeed! I saw some work people yesterday that I hardly ever see and they were all saying "not long now " !

DP has the day off today and is getting baby stuff out if the garage - hope its all ok as it's been there for years .

misshoohaa Thu 24-Apr-14 08:56:32

Actually quite scary that we all have so little left. For the most part I love being pregnant and if we stop at 2, then this is the final few weeks of this whole experience EVER.

Exciting when all the baby gear cones out, makes it more real. Happy sorting!

Mitchell2 Thu 24-Apr-14 09:54:08

Thanks for the new thread although its a bit of a reality check.... I am still in denial (32+3).... this isn't going to happen anytime soon?! <buries head in sand> grin

Jessiebaba Thu 24-Apr-14 12:31:02

Thanks for the new thread - the title is cracking me up (& petrifying me slightly!).

Thanks also to everyone for the replies on the old thread about slings/carriers. I actually decided last night, in the heat of the moment, to bid on an ergo sport on ebay - and I won it! grin It's used but says it's in good condition (FX it is!) so I'll see how I get on with that. I'll also have SILs baby bjorn to try so hopefully at least one will suit me/the baby and we haven't had to break the bank. Happy days!

misshoohaa Thu 24-Apr-14 13:35:07

I know, it's quite scary how quickly the due dates are creeping up, I'm not due till 22/6 but I figured those due early June are not far away at all!

Wonder who will be the first to pop?

I'm only 31 + 4 so still a while left, not sure when to pack the hospital bag? Anyone got theirs ready yet? I still need to wash all the clothes, but need to buy some non-bio powder first!

On the list for next months shop....

Just thought I'd pop onto thread and looking like this may be the last one before the bubbas start to pop out!

I'm 32+3. Not packed hospital bag, baby clothes in attic needing washed, moses basket in attic. Crib still to be bought.

Finish up work in 2 weeks and then planning to blast through what needs to be done! :-)

CleverOl10 Thu 24-Apr-14 19:38:12

33+2 and reality is hitting. Bump getting big and I'm talking about last few weeks at work. Really must pack hospital bag soon. Looked through baby clothes at the weekend and got plenty but a little freaked that I'll have a baby in them soon. Praying that I remember what to do. Surely once you're on number #2 it all just comes back to you, right?! sad

MarlenaGru Thu 24-Apr-14 19:38:26

I Am also trying to enjoy this end bit but it is hard when still working and feeling like a large whale...

I am in a massive grump. Got home to a really messy house, DH said he would cook but has just walked in and we have a bloody builder coming in 20 minutes so I guess no dinner for another hour. I am hungry and absolutely knackered. And I should be baking a cake for my daughter's birthday party on Saturday dragon

Redcliff Thu 24-Apr-14 20:03:59

Cleaver - so hope that's true! DS was saying he was a bit nervous about the baby coming and I said "me too" - the only person who seems laid back is my DP. Work was so busy today so feeling a bit shattered. DP is poorly so think a joint early night is called for.

Jessiebaba Thu 24-Apr-14 20:18:32

Oh no Marlena hope you get your dinner soon!

I'm feeling pretty exhausted tonight too after a really busy day at work. I don't think it'll be long until I'm off to bed. I was up twice last night for a pee and then also woke up with a start due to cramp in my calf! Gah!

MarlenaGru Thu 24-Apr-14 22:48:38

jessie there may have been a pregna-strop and I sorted my own dinner grin

jaykay987 Fri 25-Apr-14 04:58:19

New thread! smile

I'm in denial (30w+2) the thread title must be wrong, right? grin

Have fun baking marlena I'm wfh today, but night manage some baking in the side! wink

misshoohaa Fri 25-Apr-14 07:56:15

Feeling for all of those who are exhausted! It is knackering!

I'm feeling OK but making a conscious effort to go to bed by 9:30 every night as I can remember the exhaustion of newborns oh too well!

We've taken DS1's bottle off him this week, very very overdue but one of those comforters kids get attached too and it's just too hard to take away but we bit the bullet this week and touch wood its been fine!

Phew! I was dreading weeks of tantrums and screaming but he's been very brave and actually sleeping better at night, I think though we might see the end of daytime naps, which is pretty gutting as that means no catching up on sleep when the bump hatches!

Make the most of any lie ins ladies, I wish I had done more as I haven't had one for 3 years pretty much, even if DH offers, I lie awake thinking of all of the things that need doing or get woken up by crazy toddler games that DH and DS get up to! grin

Redcliff Fri 25-Apr-14 08:07:28

I am having a lie in tomorrow ! Can't wait - it was the first thing I thought about this morning and the last thing yesterday - am I a bit obsessed? I hate the leg cramp thing - I had it last night and it was awful. I agree about the thread title - I love it but surely some mistake (joining in the other heads in the sand).

Lazybones80 Fri 25-Apr-14 12:19:44

34+1 here. I'm huuuuge and so tired of being pregnant!! I'm fed up of being polite when strangers tell me I'm "about to pop" and I explain I in fact have 6 weeks left. My boss asks me when my "confinement" (his words) will be at least once a week and precedes every request with "if you're still here, could you...". Again, despite being enormous I'm not due for another 6 weeks. Nothing fits, my ankles look like tree-trunks and my bladder is the size of a marble. My husband smirks when I moan and tells me I'm "blooming".

SophiePickle Fri 25-Apr-14 22:55:40

I'm 32+1 today. The past couple of weeks have gone so so slowly.

We've had to create a wall of pillows between us in bed because I either have restless leg or I have to sleep sitting up like a corpse and it keeps my partner up. My rib cage feels like it's been through a medieval torture device too.

My mam is telling me not to waddle but I feel like I have 1 leg shorter than the other sometimes. Waddling is comfy!

I'm still going to the gym (and getting weird looks) but I feel like doing something more structured like a class. Anyone gone to aqua natal or yoga?

Sareva Sat 26-Apr-14 03:20:16

Hi ladies

Love the thread title. 33 weeks today and I'm feeling so uncomfortable. I don't finish work until the end of May at 38 weeks, it seemed like a good idea at the time but lately my sleep patterns are all over the place. Sleep at 9pm, wake at 12/1am, back to sleep at 3/4am then up at 6am.....boooooo.
I'm so unprepared, but have packed my hospital bag except for a couple of things, DD1 came at 37w and DD2 at 38w but don't think that has any bearing on when this one will come.
Debating whether to take Rasberry Leaf tea, anybody else started/going to start this?
Lazybones your description of your ankles and bladder describes me to a tee!!!!!
Sophie waddle away! I can't wait to give birth so I can lay on a bed. Have spent most of this pregnancy laying semi upright on the sofa due to meralgia paresthetica, so I kind of know what you are going through. I just hope it goes away post birth.
Marlena hope the birthday party goes well.
Have a great weekend all, now going back to sleep for round 2.....grrrrrrrrr!

misshoohaa Sat 26-Apr-14 07:28:03

Sareva - that's what I was thinking of.... Raspberry leaf! Not rose hip! When I wrote the title I was thinking it didn't sound right, baby brain! I think rose hip is good for breast milk production perhaps?

Anyway, raspberry leaf, yes I drunk plenty in my first pregnancy as apparently it helps your 2nd stage. In my case, I had a very looooong labour, pushing for nearly 3 hours so I don't think it did a huge amount, I did go into labour on my due date but I would credit that to some visualisation techniques. But who knows. Worth a try for sure, especially if you are enjoying herbal teas with the baby induced caffeine fast!

cjbk1 Sat 26-Apr-14 08:15:36

Aaah new thread grin I'm not happy I had to get up shortly after 7 to look after dc3 while 1&2 went swimming with dh shock that is all confused

Notfastmainlyfurious Sat 26-Apr-14 09:11:12

Wow, I'm so behind here haven't been on for ages and when I went to look you were 2 threads later!! 31+6 still 5 weeks til mat leave and nothing organised at all really. Toddler was 15 days late so I'm holding out no hope for this one being any better.

I took the raspberry leaf capsules last time as the tea was too sweet didn't make damn all difference though.

Sareva Sat 26-Apr-14 12:16:06

Misshoohaa the funny thing is I read the title as Rasberry leaf, don't know whether that's due to lack of sleep or baby brain with me! Wow at your 3 hour pushing stage.
Notfast I too am a bit sceptical about whether it does anything, used for my first not for my second. Long stage 1 for dd1, 2nd stage was quick but may have been due to pitocin (sp?). Dd2 was about 4 hours from waters breaking to delivery.
I really just want to lay on the sofa all day, but the house is a mess and the kids have cabin fever already.

MarlenaGru Sat 26-Apr-14 13:29:28

I am trying to get the energy for DD's party! All food that can be made in advance is ready. House is tidyish and waiting for DH to get back from fetching DD so he can mow the lawn before it rains again!

Redcliff Sat 26-Apr-14 21:53:26

How did the party go? Am so pleased DS's birthday was in feb - not sure if I could have coped with it at this stage. I didn't have a great nights sleep and took DS to kids club cinema this morning . Came home and had a 3 hour nap ! Still feel sleepy now .

ElizaB3 Sat 26-Apr-14 23:27:08

Sophie I have done antenatal Pilates throughout & would recommend it; even if you start at a late stage. It's very gentle but has really helped keep my joints & muscles flexed rather than ceasing up - I look forward to going now (and have never been a fitness fanatic!)
Anyone planning on reflexology near due date?
Heard that's very good; relaxing if nothing else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now