Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due in January 2015 - New Year babies!

(1000 Posts)
Madrigals Wed 23-Apr-14 23:35:02

I got my bfp today, due on 5 Jan and am looking for some first trimester company smile

I have one DS, who is 2.5 and am excited and a bit nervous!

Offering brew and biscuit biscuit If anyone fancies a chat?

Hi madrigals

Congratulations!

I got my BFP today. EDD 2 Jan. Baby #1.

I'll join you for brew and biscuit smile

Any symptoms yet then? I have some mild ones, crampy with itchy, tender boobs. Am still in shock I think smile

Dec2013mummy Fri 25-Apr-14 20:08:18

Hay I got my BFP today and EDD is 4th Jan. I will have a Ds who will be 13 months!! Scared but crazily excited! Congrats to both of you. I am sure we will be joined by many more over the next couple of weeks.

victoria401 Sat 26-Apr-14 08:44:02

I want to be here! Af is late and I've been feeling sick for days but hubby is insisting we don't test for a few more days 'just incase'. If I am preg I'd be due Jan 3rd. Reserve me a seat for now and wish me luck! X

victoria401 Sat 26-Apr-14 09:09:47

Spoke too soon :-(

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sat 26-Apr-14 09:21:39

Place marking as I had a very feint BFP this morning. Have a history of early mc's tho so not holding my breath! Doing a digital test on Monday if AF still hasn't arrived.

25 day cycle with a preliminary due date of January 3rd although will most likely be a December planned c section (again due to medical history!)

That was a lengthy place mark sorry!!

Dec2013mummy Sat 26-Apr-14 09:37:30

Congratulations normal. Fingers crossed we have sticky beans.

Bangkokbaby Sat 26-Apr-14 10:36:12

Hello! Delurking to say I got a BFP yesterday.
Tested in the toilets at work (bad idea!)
Did a 2nd test at night too.
I'm using a fertility planner app on my phone which is giving me a due date of 31st December, but i think it will be the 1st week in January. It all seems quite unreal at the moment. Dont want to get my hopes up too high as I have been spotting slightly yesterday and this morning.
Will be baby #1 for us. Only 2nd cycle of trying too which surprised me as i'm in my mid 30's.

Bangkok you're similar to me. Baby no1 for us too, cycle #2 and I am 36 smile Congratulations.

Hello and congratulations to Dec and Normal too. Normal hope you get confirmation on Monday x

victoria sorry it didn't happen for you this month. Fingers x for you for a bfp soon.

LulusMiniEgg Sat 26-Apr-14 11:59:19

I can't believe I have just joined mumsnet!

Anyway, got my BFP on Thursday, can't believe it, we have only been ttc for 2 months but v aware it's early, early days yet. It will be our first baby.

Only symptoms have been, sore & rapidly growing boobs and no AF, had spotting when due but then stopped after a couple of days when normally it would have started. Did a test and hey presto!

Congrats to all all the other BFPs, we have a long journey ahead of us and it will be lovely to have someone to talk to as I have no-one, except DH who knows and he won't let me tell anyone until 12 weeks. V sensible xxxx

Dec2013mummy Sat 26-Apr-14 12:15:59

Congratulations everyone!
It's a very exciting but scary journey we are all starting out on. My last pregnancy was awful from 1dpo!! Won't go into details as I don't want to scare people but I'm really hoping for an easier pregnancy this time. No matter how bad the pregnancy was though I was grateful to be pregnancy after MC and now have a perfect Ds.
I didn't quite understand the magnitude of 'it will be worth it' until he was here. So excited for everyone!

Madrigals Sun 27-Apr-14 07:11:19

Congratulations everyone!! smile

Shallan Sun 27-Apr-14 08:14:51

Hello!

Had a BFP on Thursday, and my EDD is 2.1.15 smile

I had two miscarriages last year though, so I'm trying not to get ahead of myself if that makes sense. My mantra at the moment is that today I'm pregnant - so I'll eat healthily and all the rest, but I'm not thinking any further ahead.

So far I'm exhausted - coming home from work and straight to bed! My dh wakes me up to give me dinner and then I'm straight back to sleep, it's a tiredness I've never experienced outside pregnancy.

Hope everybody is enjoying their weekend.

Bangkokbaby Sun 27-Apr-14 14:25:40

Congratulations everyone!!
I made the mistake of POAS again at lunchtime and the line seemed a bit fainter sad But i'm trying to be positive. I had drank a big glass of water beforehand, so might just have diluted things a bit.
Still feeling very bloats and a bit crampy! I'm also feeling a bit queezy today, but think that is probably just psychological as surely its too early for that.
Hi Patience I'm 35 so just a year behind you!

I also made mistake of POAS again this morning. Just a cheapie one and it was negative sad but my clear blue digital one said pregnant and claims to be over 99% accurate. Hmmm. Will test again in a week. Am sure I am though. No period. Boobs are huge shock. Also had what I am sure was implantation bleed a couple of days before AF was due (very light pink spotting which lasted for a day).

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 27-Apr-14 17:03:04

I did a digital today and it said not pregnant. But no af no pmt and been feeling wiped out in an early pregnancy manner.

I'm going to retest in a few days. My understanding is you can't have a false positive so we'll see. Not yet sure I'll be a permanent fixture here yet ladies!

Congratulations to all of you who are!

ChineseFireball Sun 27-Apr-14 17:04:32

Hello... just sneaking on board if that's OK. My EDD is 27 Dec by LMP but you never know! Plus it's nice to be at the beginning of a bus rather than at the end when everyone has already settled in, IYKWIM. This will be DC2; DS1 is 2y3mo.

Starting to feel intermittently queasy and I'm definitely bloated. Boobs starting to make their presence felt as well!

Congratulations to everyone smile

Madrigals Sun 27-Apr-14 17:09:19

Congratulations to all new joiners!

About inconsistent tests, with my pg with DS I got a bfp then much fainter lines (almost invisible) for the next two days. It was weird because the bfp was from a midday test but the second two days were FMU. So please don't lose hope! I got a CB digital in the end, which was very reassuring.

cheshirem2b Sun 27-Apr-14 17:10:08

Can I join please? Got my BFP today! Yay!
I was due on Thursday but been really busy. I did get some spotting but then nothing. Did a first response today and got a clear BFP... Going to try a clear blue digital in the morning but I'm so excited!
Congratulations everyone!

Madrigals Sun 27-Apr-14 17:11:04

Definitely Cheshire! Congratulations grin

Dec2013mummy Sun 27-Apr-14 17:13:25

Congratulations chinese, I am also expecting Dc2.

Fingers crossed normal, how late is your Af?

patience I had very very light lines with my both my last and current pregnancies on home test but pregnant on clear blue digital. I never got a dark line when pregnant with Ds, but I was lost definitely pregnant. As normal said I was told by my doc that a false positive is not possible, so fingers crossed smile

Dec2013mummy Sun 27-Apr-14 17:13:59

Most not lost!! Stupid phone!

That's reassuring. The digi def says preg so hopefully lines will get a bit darker over next few days!

Madrigals Sun 27-Apr-14 17:35:59

They should, patience.

cheshirem2b Sun 27-Apr-14 18:06:46

Confirmation...! Excited!

This thread is not accepting new messages.