Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2014 thread #2

(985 Posts)
ParanoidCoventGarden75 Mon 21-Apr-14 04:13:30

Due in December? Welcome to the never-ending 1st trimester of the Xmas baby club.
The stats page can be found here XmasBabyClub

oohdaddypig Mon 21-Apr-14 05:24:09

Good skills paranoid!

Here I am lying awake again. In my other pregnancies I wasn't on mumsnet and used to read crappy crime novels. I'm not sure which is best smile

Well yesterday I had a lovely day with the DCs. DH was away as his mum is in hospital. I was jumping away on the trampoline with the kids, as we often do, completely forgetting I am pregnant. Hoping there is a lot of cushioning in there hmm. Hope I haven't been a bit silly.

Hope everyone had a lovely long weekend. I'm working today!

SassehMonsta Mon 21-Apr-14 06:38:35

Oh, New thread!!

Yesterday I feel pretty hard on my arse, trying to stop a terrier being attacked by another dog. Ouch. I now have to be careful when I go to sit down!! Also had a 20kg dog use my stomach as a launch pad, so also wondering the same.

Telling the in laws went well, and not telling closest friends also went well! Planned for them to all come over in a couple of weeks (after scan) so we can announce.

Boobs hurt so much that today's task is to get some bigger bras.

Hope everyone's enjoying their Easter!

Feeling a bit disheartened today. Clearblue digital def says pregnant, but still showing 1-2 weeks post conception and it should definitely be more by now. Has anyone else had this? Xxx

oohdaddypig Mon 21-Apr-14 07:12:52

How many days past AF being due are you? I don't think these tests are very accurate which is why I try to chuck them out lest I torture myself.... If you are worried a blood test if your bHCG could be done? X

5 days post af due date. Am seeing Gp on Thurs, so will see what says. Hospital type preg tests only showing v faint positive. Maybe my bhcg just isn't cooperating at the moment. Only time will tell. I hate the first trimester!!!

oohdaddypig Mon 21-Apr-14 07:28:49

I hate it too. flowers but surely that's ok for up to 14 days past AF due?

Peaceloveandbiscuits Mon 21-Apr-14 07:33:58

Hi smile

Minion Mon 21-Apr-14 07:59:28

Found you all!
So I think the dreaded ms has found me. Woke up last night feeling all hot sweaty and nauseous. Thankfully nothing came ofitas tho.
Phew.
Still unbelievably constipated tho. I'm living on one senokot a night till the gps open again.
Horrendous.
Other than that, nothing new, which is kind of worrying bit still peeing for England so that's a little reassuring.

I thought it should be showing at least 2-3 weeks by now. It's been 1-2 for a week already. Maybe I'm just being far too impatient! smile

DrewsWife Mon 21-Apr-14 08:04:30

Morning ladies. Well I feel great this morning. I work nights so I assuming that I feel worst at night because of this?

Today's job includes binning clothes. Holy moly. It's going to be a big job x

Tomorrow we are going to the doctors to make the appointment grin

Treaclepie19 Mon 21-Apr-14 08:33:47

Hi everyone smile can I cautiously come and say hi? First pregnancy and everything is worrying me haha.
Had my first very faint positive Thursday at 11dpo. Now on 15dpo and I've had a digi -1-2 weeks and darker lines.

EDF 24th December smile

CallingAllEngels Mon 21-Apr-14 08:47:13

Marking my place!

I wouldn't worry kidney - I think digis are notoriously unreliable.

Hi treacle!

sasseh I'm going to have to be careful with ds...he has a habit of launching himself off my stomach. Hope you're not too sore.

I feel really dehydrated like my skin and especially lips, are really dry.

Treaclepie19 Mon 21-Apr-14 08:49:16

Woops I meant *EDD lol.
I'm dehydrated too calling.

CallingAllEngels Mon 21-Apr-14 08:51:48

Not sure where the "like" in my sentence came from!

Kittykatmacbill Mon 21-Apr-14 09:14:13

Thanks paranoid and with the spreadsheet link too!

I am still wearing normal jeans, am slightly concerned that I won't fit in my normal trousers up to when I announce at work, and then If I wear the same pig ugly gap maternity trousers, it will be really obvious...

Re Christmas birthday, I think we are definitely to try the half birthday route... But then again EDD is dec 20th, and dd arrived 12 days early which would be kinda acceptable :-)

SassehMonsta Mon 21-Apr-14 09:20:25

I've worked out 2 EDDs based on period and ovulation dates, which puts me between 8th and 14th Dec. Bit worried as FIL & my sister have birthdays on 2nd, and BIL on the 5th. Then my mum on 20th, and dhs grandad on the 24th. Oh and then mine on 3rd Jan (but woe betide anyone who lets me go that overdue!)

Hoping that they can give me a more accurate saying at scan on Friday. Chances of seeing a HB at 6+6? (That's the earlier of my calculations!)

Cineraria Mon 21-Apr-14 09:36:20

I was looking into good sources of iron for vegetarians and saw that prune juice and blackstrap molasses were both quite good so I bought some (actually DH bought it for me as he likes to shock one of my friends who puts a lot of stock in men giving very romantic presents and he always buys more practical things).

I dissolved a tablespoon of the molasses in warm water and mixed it with the juice two nights running and I can certainly say I'm not troubled by constipation any longer but it really hasn't helped with my habit of dashing to the loo in the early morning!

I hope you're all enjoying the bank holiday.

ImBrian Mon 21-Apr-14 09:47:41

Hello new thread, I'm back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off sad my ms doesn't seem to bad today but it's been quite up and down.

I told my mil and sil, I've left fil to dp but he's wimping out. Bit disappointed as they both said that they hoped it was a boy etc and the dp made a comment that it had better or we'd be getting rid!!! Absolutely bollocked him, but the twat just didn't seem to realise how horrible he was being. I'm honestly not bothered what we have as long as it's healthy and while I expected people to pass comment on the sex I didn't expect his family to start going on about it.

Cineraria Mon 21-Apr-14 09:57:01

Sorry to hear your in-laws didn't react as you'd want and that your dp made such a tactless joke but hopefully when they meet the baby, they'll forget all the silliness about the sex.

Pickles79 Mon 21-Apr-14 10:14:50

Here you all are, thought I'd lost you haha.

Treaclepie19 Mon 21-Apr-14 10:31:25

Sorry to hear that imbrian, I'm off to tell my parents today. Expecting mom to say something tactless. Hope I'm wrong.

Eeek I nearly lost you all!! Off to catch up now......

Mrswellyboot Mon 21-Apr-14 10:41:35

Morning.. Marking place smile

DrFunkesFamilyBandSolution Mon 21-Apr-14 10:51:23

Argh, how tactless of your DP Brian.

PIL are with us this weekend, not telling them yet. grin

<waves> at all the new BFP-ers! Kidney, could it be possible that when you got your first 1-2wk it was at the earlier stage of the '1' part so you're on the edge of getting your 2-3? I didn't get my 3+ until 5+2wk so there is always time. (love your username btw, our DS1 has an odd head shaped, so we've called him Kidneybean for ages)

Had a nap yesterday, feeling knackered already today!

Still need to book scan for next week, eek!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now