Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2014 - thread 5. Bigger bumps!

(981 Posts)
Kirstipops Sun 13-Apr-14 17:56:57

Kirstipops dc1 Edd 27th Sept
sazzlehopes dc2 27th sept
MundayCakes85 EDD 28th Sept
MrsBadCrumble74 DC2 EDD 28th September
Mrsb87 Dc1 Edd 29th Sept
hefner DC2 EDD 29th Sept
Gunwalloe DC5 Edd 30th Sept
CaptainMcgraw DC2 EDD 30th September
Bumpbangbump DC2 EDD 2nd Oct
Porcito DC1 EDD 3rd October
TroubleAndFyfe DC2 EDD 4th Oct
Georgebythesea DC1 EDD 4th Oct
CellyD DC2 EDD 6 Oct
FlipFantasia DC3 Edd 7 Oct
Cabster DC2 EDD 8 Oct
Binkybunny Dc1 Edd 10th Oct
Claptomania DC1 EDD 10th Oct
Fedupofrainydays, DC2, EDD 10th Oct
Me23 Dc3 Edd 11th Oct
MrsDinoRawr DC1 Edd 11th October
Bumpforme2014 DC1 EDD 11th Oct
PunkyBubba DC2 EDD 12th Oct
Kittylou1 Dc1 Edd 12th Oct
Binglesplodge DC1 EDD 14th Oct
Happytimes31 Dc1 Edd 15th Oct
Pebble82 DC1 EDD 14th Oct
Mrsthedog DC1 EDD 16th Oct (puppythedog also lurking about the thread)
Grannyapple DC3 EDD 16th Oct
ExcitedCJ DC2 EDD 18th Oct
Loulou888 DC3 Edd 20th Oct
FrauEnglischLehrerin DC2 edd 22nd Oct
Stigz DC2 EDD 23rd Oct
NotInyourNature DC2 EDD 24th Oct
Robindeer, DC1 EDD 26th Oct
Matildasmam22 DC3 EDD 27th Oct

BingoBango85 Sat 10-May-14 11:39:04

I've bought some senna tea & it seems to do the trick & doesn't taste revolting actually.

On another note - been to my first nearly new sale this am. Picked up an angelsounds doppler for £4. Managed to find heartbeat within a few minutes! Eee! B a nice surprise for dp when he gets home from work. Also got some other bargains like 3 Moses basket mattress covers for 50p! grin

ohthegoats Fri 09-May-14 22:08:17

Oh, constipation has been my little mate for 20 weeks. My first (pre bfp) and most enduring symptom. It's truly miserable, and becomes all encompassing.

ExcitedCJ Fri 09-May-14 21:21:47

What new level of hell is this? I have had constipation for the last 2 days. I have just spent 3/4 hr on the toilet in searing pain. I thought I was going to go into labour! I'm still in pain now.. Owchy!
I had it last night at a communal toilet on a campsite & I was there so long the light went out & I was sat in the dark with my wind up LED torch. Oh the shame. sad

Grannyapple Fri 09-May-14 21:05:53

We'll hello there ladies!! My god, you can all natter grin...tho since I'm now back at work, I barely get a chance to come on here!

My god, some of you have horrific MIL's!! Mine is totally fine...can be a bit annoying but is great with the kids & is the only grandparent they've got. She visits every couple of months & always makes sure DH & I get a night out wgen she visits too!

Not thought about names yet...3 wks til our scan so will wait til then.

Just wanted to say about the gap between appts for those on no 2 etc...my mw said to ignore the gaps & just make an appt to see them whenever I thought I needed to. But just wanted to say that most work maternity policies state that you must notify your employer no later than 15 wks before due date...& that usually involves giving them your MATB1 form which you get from mw...I'm hoping to see mine at 23/24wks for this reason..

Been having god awful headaches since I've been back at work...& had a nice bit of conjunctivitis yesterday! Can see why babies don't like it...is bloody annoying/irritating....

Got mw to hear hb tomorrow..should be easier at 17 + 2 than at 15 + 2. Tho I've been feeling (& seeing) movements past few days..DH keeps saying he keeps forgetting I'm pregnant til he felt some of the movements...which is a bit silly as I'm obviously soo pregnant!!

sazzlehopes Fri 09-May-14 20:57:37

Not sure i did that right so will try again!

new thread

sazzlehopes Fri 09-May-14 20:56:05

Ladies we have a new thread as this one is filling up!
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2075479-October-2014-It is here

ldt87 Fri 09-May-14 20:38:04

How's everyone doing? I keep reading even though I've not had much to post so I'm still here! I have my scan on Monday and am getting anxious already so need to try and chill out and not worry. We will find out what we're having if we can as this is my husbands first and probably only so he gets to decide. My older girls are dying to know too so I want to do what I can to involve them with the pregnancy.

My scan will be at 18+4, is it likely to be easy to tell gender and get a good picture? And are measurements okay to be taken at that stage?

sazzlehopes Fri 09-May-14 20:35:04

Ooh we are near the end of another thread...do you want me to start a new one if I can on an iPad....

sazzlehopes Fri 09-May-14 20:34:23

All this talk of finding out the sex is making me want to know! I'm pretty much 90% sure it's another boy which is totally fine for me! but the OH and the DS both want a girl!

Me23 Fri 09-May-14 20:22:47

We've chosen girl and boy names too. Haven't told anyone yet.

puppythedog Fri 09-May-14 20:20:18

We have a currently agreed set which we are not sharing with anyone, we may need to nobble the sweepstake to pay for baby stuff or gin :-)

ohthegoats Fri 09-May-14 20:14:05

I don't want to bother with middle names at all. They never get used.

ohthegoats Fri 09-May-14 20:12:21

I'm discussing names, but only with people who don't matter (work colleagues), and only names that aren't really in the running. Bf and I have very opposing views on names, it's going to be interesting.

mum2kiss Fri 09-May-14 19:43:04

We've chosen both a boy and a girls name. Dp has sworn me to.secrecy though. I totally agree though as when I told.people my choice for dd I wasnt amused with their reactions! Some just outright said "dont call her that!" The only thing im starting to regret is that I agreed a girl could.have mils name as her middle name!!!! I need you all the pray hard that we have a boy!!!

STIGZ Fri 09-May-14 19:19:21

Im not sure about telling people names! I know alot of people who are due around same time as me and the name i want to pick is a name that i have only heard once in my life!!

Would be soooooo gutted if somebody else used it !!
Im a nursery teacher so have heard various names through the years and want this one as it is quite unheard of in my area!!

Am i pathetic lol (",)

Me23 Fri 09-May-14 19:01:05

Congrats stigz and portico glad your scan went well even if baby wasn't revealing his or her gender!

Have awful headache, my own fault though too busy at work not drinking enough water.
Also my heartburn is getting really bad, every pregnancy I've suffered with it.

Re mil mine is nice, I like her. she's a worrier and has never really helped out with the kids or has much to do with them. I think part if it may be she's quite reserved and maybe doesn't know how to relate to them.

Bumpforme2014 Fri 09-May-14 18:58:35

I have names, I am telling no one because we will tell them the sex so some things have to be a surprise!

Kirstipops Fri 09-May-14 18:57:13

I'd like to decorate the baby room with a Beatrix Potter/Little Prince theme regardless of sex, so knowing in advance doesn't matter to me in that sense - but reading of some of you finding out the sex already is beginning to make me waver! But I think I'll stick with keeping it a surprise, either way it'll be lovely to be either proven right that it was a boy, or if it's a girl I'll be proud and chuffed to bits that she proved everyone's inklings wrong!! Luckily my DH isn't fussed either way.

pebble82 Fri 09-May-14 18:53:06

Has anyone chosen names? If you have are you telling people?

Loulou888 Fri 09-May-14 17:06:33

Frustrating london and mum 3 weeks to change his mind ...... Trouble is we've got an extension planned early next year so he also sees spending less on neutral stuff etc as a good thing, whereas do tend to overbuy when know the sex.

porcito Fri 09-May-14 16:06:38

We went for our scan last night - most importantly, everything is healthy BUT, my sneaky little skeletor had its legs crossed so we couldn't see what it was. AARGH. First, it yawned when the monitor came on, then crossed its legs. I jumped around a bit, it uncrossed its legs, then moved its hands to cover whatever it has. The hands moved, and its cord was right smack bang in the centre of its legs. So frustrating! DP was all smug as he wasn't bothered to find out anyway.

The worst was going to work today with all the old dears launching themselves at me so they can go buy their pink or blue wool this afternoon. It's only a matter of time before I attempt to jab them with their knitting needles.

I have my appointment with the scary government hospital next week, so hopefully it'll be less shy then!

mum2kiss Fri 09-May-14 15:57:28

kirsti that is hilarious!

lou my dp feels exactly the same way as yours about finding out...

ive already decided that I will never be a mil from hell! Dp says she's always been this way and he has rarely introduced girlfriends to her. The first time.I met her he had to go round the night before and give her a list of off limit topics to make sure she didnt scare me away!

LondonJen Fri 09-May-14 15:53:47

Sorry Loulou I know, I really want to be able to imagine our little family. Mine is more 'I don't mind either way, so why find out'? I also think he worries his mum will make a huge fuss. He says I can find out and not him but I like us being on the same page. Normally I would say stuff you, I'm finding out (I still might!) but we've been in this as a team and I really don't want to divide us. But then, I don't think I can not know! Perhaps the baby will not oblige us and take it all out of our hands...

Lol Kirsti that's hysterical!

Kirstipops Fri 09-May-14 14:00:09

I'm also really lucky with my MIL, she's bonkers and uber-religious but not evangelical about it luckily, me being a happy heathen.
I was the first girlfriend she was introduced to, we were 21-22ish and she walked into the room with a pleased as punch smile on her face (neither of us were expecting to meet each other) and first thing she said was "I knew he wasn't queer!" to which I burst out laughing!!
Congrats Stigz on your news of a little lady!

Loulou888 Fri 09-May-14 13:35:26

london he's actually said he feels quite strongly about it. I don't really want white and yellow and will find it hard not being able to be organised colour wise. But what can you really say when he feels like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now