Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Santa's bringing us a baby! Due December 2014! First time mummies!

(239 Posts)
EmilyPinkOrBlue Fri 04-Apr-14 20:37:08

Hi ladies here's our special December thread for our special Xmas bundles of joy for us first time mummy's!
This is where we can worry about symptoms, how our first child is going to change our lives, what are we going to do about work, how has our partners reacted to our pregnancy, how long have you been trying to concieve, is your car big enough and all other dilemmas!!
Look forward to sharing this special journey with you!
Emily Ttc no 1 cycle 2 edd 4th dec!!

Bettycakes80 Wed 23-Apr-14 19:17:42

Today I had to go and buy pants one dress size up! Has anyone else put on a ton of weight? I'm 8+2 and a combination of not going to the gym because I'm so tired and constant grazing to stop the nausea plus the bloated feeling means everything feels crazy tight!

Somersetgirl1990 Wed 23-Apr-14 19:29:59

Betty I'm waiting for that to happen to me! I've actually lost weight, I've gone from constantly eating to being able to manage 2 meals a day, one of those being marmite on toast! I'm sure I'll start piling on the pounds soon enough! I'm just planning on wearing floaty dresses all the time to hide the flab! Hoping I don't put on too much weight on my arms and legs hmm

MrsW27 Wed 23-Apr-14 20:27:16

Betty you are not alone, I have ballooned in weight already (I'm 7 weeks today), I'm getting married a week on Sunday and have had to have my dress taken out loads - oops! blush

Treacle, just wanted to give you some comfort, I had cramping and spotting last week so I rang the hospital directly and they said to go on down to see them. They got me back the next day for an internal scan and little bean was still there with a tiny little heartbeat. I had completely panicked and immediately thought the worst (don't know what I would have done without DP) but it turns out it was just an implantation bleed and little bean has been making him/herself at home and making me even sicker ever since smile

Treaclepie19 Wed 23-Apr-14 20:40:57

Thank you*MrsW*, that's so comforting to read smile
I'm going to the doctors again Tuesday hopefully. Going to request an early scan and if not we will pay for one.

Weight - I am already a size 16 so haven't noticed I've put weight on but I am bloating a lot. Feels very tight in there. I am also trying my hardest to eat lots of small meals (within calories to maintain my weight) to reduce nausea and late night bloating.

Peaceloveandbiscuits Wed 23-Apr-14 21:03:03

Kate in the conception boards they call each thread a "bus", as in "hop on this bus if you're TTC in April" etc. Not literally been on a bus for three months :P

vc7g08 Wed 23-Apr-14 21:45:53

Hi Katie, I'm due around December 7th, but my stomach is already looking huge, wondering if I've somehow got all my dates wrong... I'm already looking at getting maternity clothes as only a couple of pairs of trousers fit me now.

Is anyone else worried about having to hide it from their colleagues? I was thinking of telling my supervisor, as bit worried about the sort of chemicals I work with, but so scared to jinx things before the scan.

Treaclepie19 Wed 23-Apr-14 21:50:06

Yeah vc, I'm worried my co-workers will guess. I'm going to tell my headteacher as I need the support and her to know for risk assessing and absences.

KateJ28 Thu 24-Apr-14 00:01:35

Ahh gotya - thanks Peace!! Sleep well ladies smile xx

vc7g08 Thu 24-Apr-14 08:20:29

Yeah I've already had to leave early from work three times to try and get doctors appointments, as I've recently moved and had to register again. My supervisor is probably getting a bit suspicious. So annoying that surgeries don't stay open longer.

Does anyone know if there are any blood tests you have to have before 9 weeks? As it doesn't look like I'll be getting my first midwife app before then.

Treaclepie19 Thu 24-Apr-14 08:23:07

It is annoying and you can never get an appointment for a later time when you want one.

I'm not sure about the blood tests, I don't think so. Think its just the ones the midwife does.

Somersetgirl1990 Thu 24-Apr-14 11:03:14

I was told I won't have bloods done until my 12 week scan but not sure if that's just the area that I live in smile

littlebeansunshine Thu 24-Apr-14 15:46:43

Hi everyone and congrats smile I'm another first time mum to be - hoping for a Christmas miracle! still early days and getting my head round when baby is due which is start of Dec. How is everyone getting on? I am sick as a dog! Feeling like I have seasickness/ terrible hangover (without the party) 24-7 and can only stomach plain dry crackers and potatoes! I am starting a new job on Monday eeek not sure how that will go as pregnancy didn't come up in the interview(!) so a little scared how this will play out especially as I need to lie down frequently/throw up. Hope everyone is doing ok with their pregnancies xx

LisaC2611 Thu 24-Apr-14 16:09:41

Congrats Littlebean!

Sorry to hear you are feeling sick. I'm nauseous but have not yet been sick and thankfully its not affecting my day to day life.

I'm so excited about my Christmas present that I am wishing away the months already - I've never thought about Christmas so much in my life (well probably except when I was 5 years old, and the novelty of Father Christmas was still with me). My BFP was a late Birthday present so all in all a good year for me so far (fingers well and truly crossed that my bean is a sticky one).

Lisa

Somersetgirl1990 Thu 24-Apr-14 16:26:35

Welcome little bean smile I'm feeling rough as well, it's nice knowing you're not the only one isn't it, as my dp and his mum (who's a midwife) are the only people that know, I feel like I'm constantly whinging and they'll get fed up with it soon enough hmm I'm feeling absolutely shattered all the time. Went to bed at 8.30 last night, couldn't get out of bed until 11 today and am at work now feeling so tired. Actually looking forward to having blood tests done to see if I'm anaemic, at least then I'd have a reason to feel this crappy all the time

KateJ28 Thu 24-Apr-14 19:13:05

Welcome littlebeansunshine! Love the nickname smile When are you due?!
Sounds like a lot of ladies are feeling a bit queasy the the moment!! I'm just exhausted and feeling a bit crampy, but hoping that's all ok. I'm only 5 weeks so suspect some sickness may come along sooner or later... when did you ladies start to feel sick?! I think I'll feel happier when I can tell people at work, I feel like I'm just not 100% there right now! In body but not in mind!! Still end of yr review tomorrow, then I can relax a little!!

Somersetgirl how are you feeling about your scan tomorrow?! xx

Somersetgirl1990 Thu 24-Apr-14 20:10:28

I was willing sickness to come as I felt fine until about week 6 then it suddenly hit me. I haven't actually been sick for about a week now but I feel nauseous pretty much all the time hmm
Ummmmmmm I'm in two minds about it - I'm really excited but really scared at the same time, just hoping for good news I suppose and then I'll be able to relax a little for maybe a week before I start to worry again smile

SassehMonsta Thu 24-Apr-14 20:11:12

Welcome new ladies! I stated feeling nausea from 4+2 weeks, and was actually properly sick for the first time this morning (6+5!). Apparently breakfast immediately before driving was not the greatest of plans for me... glad I'm not alone with the nausea though. Every now and then I just get a horrible retching feeling :-/

Pretty paranoid about tomorrows scan. Worried about not seeing a heartbeat etc but so excited about the prospect of telling my family on Saturday if all is ok!

Stomach isn't all that bloated but seemed more bloated last week, but think that was water retention or something. Slowly regaining my appetite but just had to postpone dinner because was overcome with sickness & smells.

Somersetgirl1990 Thu 24-Apr-14 21:49:39

Sasseh what time is your scan? Good luck, hope it all goes well grin

KateJ28 Thu 24-Apr-14 21:52:31

I hope it goes well for both of you and I look forward to seeing happy posts tomorrow! Will be lovely to be able to tell people feeling reassured that it's all okay smile xxxx

Treaclepie19 Thu 24-Apr-14 22:57:05

Good luck withave your scan smile

I'm feeling anxious tonight. Barely noticed any symptoms today. Had a nap half way through but I reckon I'm just in the routine now. Felt a little sick but could just be in my head and sore boobs but not to touch and only occasionally.
I hope all is ok :/ I've also told myself I'm going to stop testing now. Ugh.

SassehMonsta Fri 25-Apr-14 06:35:28

Scan is at 5.45 this evening, after whats looking like a stressful day at qork (a deadline crept up on us!)

EmilyPinkOrBlue Fri 25-Apr-14 09:59:12

Good luck with the scan sessah! Let us know how it goes!

Omg does anyone else just feel PANTS and not really know if they can cope for another 7 months!!???
Feeling very sick, wrenching while brushing my teeth in the mornings, having 4 rich tea or ginger biscuits in the morning before I leave work to help with sick feeling, I carry water on me as that seems to help on the train commute, strong smells are driving me insane and are unavoidable!! Eat as soon as I get to work etc etc I suffer from dust mite allergy and pre 5 weeks was still taking daily antihistamines and steroid nasal spray have gone cold turkey and stopped so have a permanent cold, runny nose, sneezing etc on top of everything else. Body hurts I'm so tired! No one tells you pregnancy is so horrible lol I think I could cope if I didn't commute 2.5 hours a day and work full time in a job I hate!!!
Sorry this is a bit of a rant but hoping it makes me feel better! People who I've told keep asking am I excited etc and my reply is no! I feel like sh*t and have all the other worries of having your first child! Boo....

Sorry!!!

Somersetgirl1990 Fri 25-Apr-14 10:33:38

Me completely Emily! My dp is really excited and I'm like, yep I just feel sick hmm
Butttt... We had the scan and there's a little heartbeat grin yayyy I'm so happy. But I'm a little behind my date, thought I was 8 weeks but she says I'm 7+4.. For some reason those 3 days seem to have made me feel a bit upset

Treaclepie19 Fri 25-Apr-14 10:35:24

Congrats on your scan smile

I'd give anything to be having some symptoms again. It's worrying me.

chillychicken Fri 25-Apr-14 10:45:56

treacle how many weeks are you?

Congrats on the scan somerset!

My symptoms are up and down at the moment. Nausea arrives mid afternoon. I'm not sleeping, I'm constipated, I'm freezing, I need a wee constantly, my boobs are so sore and I'm exhausted. However, my skin is clearing up and my nails have stopped flaking. Hurrah!

I'm still undecided on getting an early scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now