Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Santa's bringing us a baby! Due December 2014! First time mummies!

(238 Posts)
EmilyPinkOrBlue Fri 04-Apr-14 20:37:08

Hi ladies here's our special December thread for our special Xmas bundles of joy for us first time mummy's!
This is where we can worry about symptoms, how our first child is going to change our lives, what are we going to do about work, how has our partners reacted to our pregnancy, how long have you been trying to concieve, is your car big enough and all other dilemmas!!
Look forward to sharing this special journey with you!
Emily Ttc no 1 cycle 2 edd 4th dec!!

nickyjlees Fri 04-Apr-14 20:51:47

Hi Emily! I'm so excited to be a mum but super nervous too, esp over the next few weeks. Good to have others in the same boat to chat to smile

ffallada Sat 05-Apr-14 10:16:06

Hi you guys,
Great to join you in a first time thread - We're all super early on this journey. Are you guys able to keep a lid on it? I'm swinging between PMFL and being scared shiteless!

nickyjlees Sat 05-Apr-14 22:08:18

We haven't told anyone yet, still getting our own heads around it! Finding it very hard to concentrate at work, still very nervous that something will go wrong, I'm a born worrier! Great to have all you guys on here to chat to and this is stopping me from go

nickyjlees Sat 05-Apr-14 22:08:54

Going totally bonkers! How are you getting on?

ffallada Sun 06-Apr-14 22:31:10

I read that the ideal time to tell people Is at 12 weeks - what are you guys planning?
I haven't even told dh yet. I think I'm too nervous about starting this bus - once people know there is an absolute end to my life as I know it. Now it's over I realise I quite like being completely selfish. I go to the gym, the pub, out for meals, walk the dog. Lots of things that are about to fly out the window due to lack of time and money.
Also, I was out for a meal yesterday lunchtime near a child that just kept screaming. Mother looked exhausted, grandparents looked exhausted, meal ruined. I don't like children.
Part from that I'm super excited :-)

Bubba84 Mon 07-Apr-14 12:28:16

Hi ladies, I'm joining from the December thread and I'm a first time mummy (eek sounds funny me typing that!).

I'm 7+5 EDD 25/11/14 although I think my date will change when I get a scan.

I can't tell you how SLOOOOOOOOOW the weeks are going! Everyone keeps saying how quick the months are going but for me, it's a snail pace! Main symptom so far is nausea. It ranges between always being there, to being full on almost gag. My poor house is neglected as I can't even think of cleaning or hoovering. I also feel like I'm putting on a million stone as I can only tolerate foods that I fancy and it tends to be carb-related food which I'm not used to over indulging in confused.

The only people that know so far about my pregnancy is DH, me and my line manager. I had to tell my manager last week as thought it was better to give her a warning about how I felt incase it effected work. I'm glad I did as she's been really supportive and changing my workload already. I'm so desperate to tell our parents but my DH and I agreed not to until 12 week scan. I'm waiting on my midwife appointment, all going well it should be this week from what the hospital said. I'm soooo inpatient it's ridiculous!!

nickyjlees Mon 07-Apr-14 17:26:32

bubba84 hi! Am in the same boat, the only people that know are my other half and my 2 line managers. Felt so weird telling them before our parents :s. I'm still waiting for a call from a midwife, am not convinced that my gp has d

nickyjlees Mon 07-Apr-14 17:27:46

bubba84 hi! Am in the same boat, the only people that know are my other half and my 2 line managers. Felt so weird telling them before our parents :s. I'm still waiting for a call from a midwife, am not convinced that my gp has done anything re referral! I'm only 6 weeks tho so will give them a shout next week. Glad there are lots of other first time mums here too!

Buddy14 Mon 07-Apr-14 17:39:01

So this is my first time, but am also nervous as I am only 2 weeks from conception (am a bit shocked, I got three positives today), but officially is this 4 weeks pregnant ie how the doctor would count it? I am a bit terrified about pregnancy and being 35 also a bit over screaming children in restaurants , so am a little freaked out, but excited! Also I live a bit remotely in Surrey so am a little worried about that!

Bubba84 Tue 08-Apr-14 10:15:51

nicky hello back! I felt it weird telling my line manager too, although was a relief to talk to someone about pregnancy and morning sickness lol! Well I finally got my midwife appointment in on 24/04/14 and got my 12 week scan booked for 07/05/14. So relieved I've got them now I've got that to aim for. I'm surprised my first midwife booking in appointment is at 10 weeks though as the leaflet they enclosed talked about blood tests done before 10 weeks. So I've booked in with my GP again as don't want to miss the window of opportunity if tests need done.
buddy congratulations and welcome! Usually your GP would go by the date of your last period so it's usually that you're 2 weeks further along in pregnancy than you think. It's all a bit confusing as if I go by my GP my due date would be 19/11/14 but going by online calculators (based on a 34 day period) I'm due 26/11/14. All a bit confusing really but I'll wait until I see my midwife before I get a better idea hopefully I suppose at the end of the day - a due date is only a guide!

Missjasper Tue 08-Apr-14 13:01:37

Hi everyone! Really new to this posting thing but just joined the December due date thread and hoping I can join here too if that's ok??
I found out on Saturday that we are expecting our first, and obviously I'm terrified!! We had spoken about it and definitely planned but thought it would take us ages to conceive, little did we know it would be the first attempt! The other half thinks he's got super sperm with Capes on!! Estimated due date is 13th of December, I think! Just booked first midwives appointment on Friday 25th, so all very real today!!

SassehMonsta Tue 08-Apr-14 13:15:59

Me me me! :D FTM due 13/14th Dec, a couple of weeks after my best friend smile Booked in at midwifes for 12th May, struggling to not tell people.

Planning on telling my boss in the next couple of hours... Eeks!

Missjasper Tue 08-Apr-14 14:24:34

Hi sassehmonsta!! How exciting we are due at the same time!! Crazy isn't it!! Good luck with telling you boss, fingers and toes crossed :-) I told my mum and sister in law who is due in august yesterday and to say they are super excited is a massive understatement! Didn't want to tell anyone really at this stage, just in case, but my other half works away and didn't want to go through worries and stresses alone, so I just know they will be a massive support :-)

Bubba84 Tue 08-Apr-14 15:19:14

Hi ladies and welcome to our little thread! sass good luck telling your boss! They can only be supportive at the end of the day and I think it's good to let them know. In my case, I had to tell her as I've been struggling with morning sickness and other symptoms so thought I'd give her the heads up incase I can't come in. So far I'm powering through.
miss I don't blame you for telling your mum and sis in law, you definitely need someone to talk to especially in the early stages when you don't want to tell everyone. I know for me, it helps just saying to my hubby that I'm feeling crap and I get a bit of sympathy and support.

SassehMonsta Tue 08-Apr-14 15:56:13

All went well telling boss, hes OK with it! Said congrats etc, hes a grandfather himself so knows whats to come! Really struggling with food and MS so had to tell him as it'd been odd otherwise!

Somersetgirl1990 Tue 08-Apr-14 18:01:12

Hi hope you ladies don't mind me joining! I'm due on the 6th dec, completely unplanned but me and DP are chuffed! Told mil the other day as she's a midwife and one of the first things she said is to make sure we don't tell anyone because anything can happen before 12 weeks hmm obviously I knew that but hearing it from a midwife makes me really nervous and I'm so worried now! Had a few days of feeling knackered and have been sick a few times but have felt fine the past few days, not sure whether to feel happy or worried about that! Maybe I'm just overthinking things, feel like I should be expecting the worst somehow...
Anyone having any crazy hormonal changes? I'm normally the most laid back person - the other day I broke down in tesco's because they didn't stock one of those ready to roast pork joints and "I couldn't be dealing with the hassle of cooking a normal joint" literally sobbed in the middle of the isle blush DP drove to a different tesco for me in the end to get one, after I'd promised not to break down if they didn't have one there either!

Missjasper Tue 08-Apr-14 21:02:18

Oh somersetgirl1990 you just made me laugh so much! Well at least it sounds like you've got a good one there! What a sweetie :-)

Bettycakes80 Tue 08-Apr-14 22:08:22

Hi there. 1st timer here too EDD 1st December. I cried the other week for about half an hour because I accidentally locked the cat outside for 5 minutes and he got wet in the rain!

Somersetgirl1990 Tue 08-Apr-14 23:01:36

I did manage to see the funny side after about 5 mins, was very embarrassing walking out of the store with big fat tears still rolling down my face confused
Is anyone getting any symptoms yet? Sort of in two minds as to whether I want them or not!

SassehMonsta Wed 09-Apr-14 05:44:32

I've got morning sickness/constant nausea and smell sensitivity, and this morning I've woken up with slight cramping, but it cold be constipation. I'm only 4 +4/5 at the moment.

Honestly, this has been the longest week of my life so far.... is this how time is going to go now??!

Somersetgirl1990 Wed 09-Apr-14 10:18:08

I'm about 5 now I think but completely agree, time is going so slowly and I feel like I'm gonna be insane by the time the 12 week scan comes around! How are we supposed to cope?!

ffallada Wed 09-Apr-14 17:32:33

I know its insanely early to even think about such things but has anyone thought about antenatal classes? The NTC run some near my house but at £175 I'm not sure. As DH and I have NO baby experience so seems like a good idea. Anyone else feel like their walking blind here? confused

nickyjlees Thu 10-Apr-14 19:12:51

I've had a look at classes and well but there's so many different kinds I don't know where to start! We haven't got a clue what we are doing! I'm definitely going to start a long list of questions for my first midwife appointment.... If they ever call me!
I'm still feeling very anxious most days and half expecting something to go wrong, such a worrier!
Am 6 + 4, only real symptoms this week are total knackeredness, dizziness and super sore boobs which have been like that since day 1.

Somersetgirl1990 Fri 11-Apr-14 09:34:14

Is anyone thinking of having a reassurance scan? I'm 6 weeks today and have just poas just to make sure it went up to 3+ weeks, think I'm going to send myself crazy by the time I'm 12 weeks with thinking something's gone wrong!
I haven't really got any symptoms, had nausea and sore boobs for a few days last week but feel fine now... My appetites gone down a little, which I'm grateful for grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now