Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after MC due December 14

(1000 Posts)
Penguin13 Thu 03-Apr-14 09:07:43

If you're pregnant after a previous MC and due in December 14 this is the thread for you.

If you're an obsessive knicker-checker or just want someone to chat to who knows where you're coming from you'll fit right in.

CallingAllEngels Mon 14-Jul-14 11:15:53

Wow penguin great pic!

agree maternity clothes online is a pita. Am just sending back an online order today of things which didn't fit or suit me at all. Just need to get some summery tops and reckon then I'll be fine except for bras as time goes on.

good luck regular

FranksBobot Mon 14-Jul-14 11:05:36

Shiny new thread ready and waiting before we run out of space!!

NewThread

PresidentSpreadable Mon 14-Jul-14 10:49:13

The maternity clothes only being online infuriates me. Gap right next to Oxford Circus tube used to have them instore, but obviously the minute I got pregnant they switched to online only.

I took a chance on Debenhams sizing though during their blue cross sale last week and ordered a lovely black kimono style maternity dress, Freya enormo bra, and pair of maternity jeggings online and by some miracle everything fits and looks really nice. Whole lot only ended up costing £32 - I'm really unwilling to pay loads for maternity clothes.

I need some leggings for when it get's a bit chillier, but at the moment I'm still wedding to my harem trews and flip flops...so comfortable.

Penguin, that picture is just beautiful, it's made me well up! It's so clear isn't it? Only a week to go until mine now.

CoventGarden75 Mon 14-Jul-14 10:39:54

Congrats penguin lovely pics. That must have been amazing seeing your little one again. You're half way already! grin

Agreed with mat leggings franks, I got a pair in white and couple of tops to match, so I should be sorted for the summer.

Ohhh and who's starting the new thread? (I'm on phone at work so it's a pain)

Penguin13 Mon 14-Jul-14 10:20:12

Oh and I agree it is SO annoying that you can only try maternity clothes in very very few stores. You can in Debenhams but only in the Red Herring range and even then I'm not sure if it's in every store.

I love mat leggings too Franks I feel the same way about mat jeans - perfect for when you've had a big meal!

Penguin13 Mon 14-Jul-14 10:17:05

Pleased to report that all went well and everything was looking good. Needn't have worried about accidentally seeing the gender as ankles were kept firmly crossed although she must have checked at some point as we have 'normal genitalia' written on the scan notes! It was a much more emotional experience than the 12 week one where I came out mainly feeling a bit shell shocked. It is so amazing the detail they can see. We had a lovely radiographer and she really took her time showing us the main chambers and vessels of the heart after I mentioned DH's heart condition. My eyes may have spontaneously started leaking at that point. Ahem. We got a lovely scan pic of baby penguin waving too. Demurely posed so no gender guessing grin

FranksBobot Mon 14-Jul-14 09:25:21

EEk good luck at todays scan Penguin

Covent I don't think I will ever go back to normal leggings! My maternity ones come right up under my bra and are the most comfortable thing ever!! I've also noticed that most shops have stopped selling in store. Bloody annoying really.

CoventGarden75 Mon 14-Jul-14 09:16:02

Ohhh, good luck regular and penguin. Thinking of you both, let us know how it went.

I bought some maternity clothes this weekend (h&m as they were the only one that had some instore, all the others only sell them online)

CakesALot Mon 14-Jul-14 08:32:32

Good luck today regular and penguin, I'm sending out all the good vibes I can muster!

Penguin13 Mon 14-Jul-14 07:46:41

Breathe Regular. You will be okay smile. Hoping your positive vibes rub off on me as it's my 20 week scan at 9 today.

regularbutpanickingabit Mon 14-Jul-14 06:12:51

Thanks for the vibes. Been up since 5 worrying which is do stupid and I will pay for it later!

Test-wise... Everyone has to choose what's right for them and their circumstances. I totally understand the reasons why some people opt out of testing completely. I did have the standard tests first time around but mainly so I could be prepared rather than to make an alternative decision.

This is baby no.3 with a big gap and I have to think about us as an existing family so, again, for me that means fully prepared to meet any challenges.

I am also much older and being over 40 means the risks are higher. My history of infertility and multiple m/c doesn't help either.

I now panicking that they will have lost my appointment.

Aaaagh!!

Penguin13 Sun 13-Jul-14 20:21:22

Good luck for tomorrow Regular sending lots of positive vibes.

Good to see you Strawbs but sorry you've been having a tough time. Make sure you look after yourself and your little Strawberry pip. It's so hard to know what is 'normal' as far as pain is concerned, especially when it's your first time.

My sister in law's wedding was lovely and the rain held off till late - yay! Was on a table with my SIL and BIL and their completely gorgeous six week old son. He is just so squishy and lovely. It was a really wonderful day but a long one as we left home at 7.10 and didn't get to bed till midnight. Even got some driving practice in on the way home which went pretty well!

CallingAllEngels Sun 13-Jul-14 19:33:43

franks we haven't had any tests either. I know quite a few people who've had high risks from downs testing then all the worry and stress that comes with it, only for their dc to be fine. I figure we're relatively young (under 35) so the risks are lower.

I am a little more worried about the 20w anaomoly scan after some friends had bad news last year (but everything turned out okay, their dd had an operation a few days afetr birth and was in hospital for 3-4 weeks but now fine) but also (a bit like you) figure there's very little we can do to change what happens and after mc, getting here feels like anachievement.

Good luck tomorrow regular.

Trying to get packed as we're heading off on holiday on Wednesday and feeling shattered with trying to look after ds today.

FranksBobot Sun 13-Jul-14 18:44:47

Lots of positive happy vibes being sent your way Regular although I am sure all will be well.

I'm starting to feel bad that I haven't opted for any tests. I refused the nhs downs screening too. I'm very much a "what will be, will be" person since my mmc but now i'm having doubts as feel like the only person to not be doing them.

CakesALot Sun 13-Jul-14 18:34:08

Good luck regular. Many happy vibes coming your way.

Strawbs, sounds like you've been through the mill the last few days! Stretching pains are bad and so worrying but so normal too. Take it easy and get your feet up! smile

PresidentSpreadable Sun 13-Jul-14 18:08:19

Best of luck regular, I'm sure it will all be absolutely fine.

regularbutpanickingabit Sun 13-Jul-14 18:06:42

Hello ladies!
Another one who has been overdoing things and hasn't had a chance to check in on this thread. I am still absolutely exhauseted most days and not being sick so much but still nauseous.

Can I ask for some vibes please? Having the HArmony test tomorrow and the scan that goes with it and I am am TERRIFIED that there is going to be a massive problem. Help!

FranksBobot Sun 13-Jul-14 09:46:36

Sorry to hear you've had a stressful evening Strawbs I think stretching pains are the worst thing ever. I've had a few times now where I have been reduced to tears as convinced something was wrong. Try and rest up and maybe have a nice soak in the bath. The bath seems to help with the pains and also relaxes me.

StrawbsAndCream Sun 13-Jul-14 00:20:36

Just come back from a&e after waiting 3 hours for a doctor to tell me what I already knew! Phoned midwife earlier as the aching pains along with stabby/achey cervix were really freaking me out, she said to go straight in to be checked. They didn't even give me an internal examination just to check cervix or swab for anything, just did bp, checked wee and felt my tummy. So not feeling very reassured but I think that's more my anxiety!
I just need to accept that it's normal stretching pain but it's hard, I read about someone having an incompetent cervix and that's all I can think about. Roll on 20 week scan that I haven't even had the letter for yet!
Off to bed I am knackered, hope you're all having good weekends! X

funchum8am Sat 12-Jul-14 21:19:49

strawbs sorry to hear you have had a lot of work on - huge sympathies. Rest up and hopefully you'll feel better soon. I am having stabby pains too but I remember this from last time - I think it's just as the baby grows it stretches and presses areas that normally don't have any weight to bear. Baby movement is reassuring - I haven't felt more than the odd "might be wind" flutter yet but can't wait.

funchum8am Sat 12-Jul-14 21:18:25

Ooh just logged in on the computer instead of tablet and seen everyone's lovely bump pictures. You all look great and have impeccable taste in clothes!

My friends of approximately similar size all share a bag of maternity clothes - when someone picks up the pregnancy baton they go and collect it! I am collecting it from a friend who had her second DD in mid June once we break up from school. It has a load of stuff she and others put first time round which I wore for my first pregnancy but also new things she bought. It will be fun to have some old friends back (including a lovely Seraphine maxi dress which I loved) and to check out the new bits, and all completely free!

StrawbsAndCream Sat 12-Jul-14 16:57:10

Hi lovely ladies, so sorry I vanished I've been really busy in work and have completely over done it! Did a 7.30-7 shift yesterday and paid for it by the time it got to about 4pm.. By 7 I could barely get home and crawl into bed. Felt so achey, and have been having sharp stabby pains/dull ache on and off where my cervix is which has really worried me. Phoned midwife last night and she said it sounds like I'd over done it and to rest all weekend and see how I feel. Still don't feel 100% and still feel a bit achey/stretchy but I don't know if it's normal because bump is growing or what? Anyone else feel any of this?! I'm so paranoid about incompetent cervix and early labour! I need a fish slap girls. The only thing the midwife said if I'm really worried is to go to a&e as it's the weekend, or get checked on Monday, which I'll probably do. Little Mr is still moving/kicking like there's no tomorrow which is the only thing keeping me sane I think!

Right sorry for that massive off load I needed it! Great news on joining the boy club MrsFtn grin was he very proud to show his bits off?! Great news wrt the consultant appt.

Thanks for thinking of me Penguin, when is your driving test? Best of luck.. It's so nerve wracking but will be so worth it especially when baby is here, like a new lease of life. Loving your dress in your bump picture and everyone else's bump pictures. Everyone is blooming! I'll put one on when I eventually get out of my pyjamas and put some make up on blush (midwife's orders!) enjoy the wedding today.

Glad to hear everyone's positive news, it's so lovely, I need to have a proper read and catch up. I'm making a promise to myself to come on every day so I don't have to have a huge catch up every time! Right off to have a good read about you all x

funchum8am Sat 12-Jul-14 11:14:42

Good luck with the wedding and keeping it together penguin! If it is any consolation I have just sobbed uncontrollably at the Lion king...have to wean DD off it!

Penguin13 Sat 12-Jul-14 10:03:04

Thanks you two. I think I'm just going to go on with the attitude I probably won't pass but it will be good to get a feel for the test, hopefully I'll put less pressure on myself that way. Maybe the bump will get them feeling sympathetic? smile.

It's my youngest sister in law's wedding today so am crossing my fingers and hoping the rain holds off. Was feeling emotional just thinking about writing the card so I don't like my chances of getting through the day without crying! To be fair I always cry at weddings thankfully it's been years since that was owing to a combo of too much champagne and thoughtless relatives comments grin

FranksBobot Fri 11-Jul-14 16:46:13

Penguin I was adamant I was going to fail but my instructor refused to let me book a later test! I'd had plenty of lessons but still got nervous when it came to bay parking and reversing around a bend. My examiner was lovely and much like cakes we spent the whole test chatting about the weather and our plans for the rest of the day, I passed with 4 minors. Even had to bay park before leaving the test center!! I personally wouldn't postpone it as i think the build up is quite often worse than the actually test.

This thread is not accepting new messages.