Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TTC 10+++ Months Grads Thread

(426 Posts)
sweetgrouch Wed 02-Apr-14 14:40:02

Decided to start the new thread seeing as the old one is filling up.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Wed 02-Apr-14 14:48:43

Marking my space! Also, sweets it certainly does not feel like my pregnancy is flying buy, although I am happy that time seems to have sped up since I've been feeling Lembie...

sweetgrouch Wed 02-Apr-14 16:09:15

Mine felt agonizingly slow to me. It didn't help that mini-sweets was two whole weeks late! I guess other people's pregnancies always go by quickly to me.

sweetgrouch Wed 02-Apr-14 16:10:40

I pressed enter too quickly - I meant to add: Enjoy feeling Lembie !

freedom2011 Wed 02-Apr-14 17:52:24

marking space. thanks sweet

eurochick Thu 03-Apr-14 15:05:03

Hello!

Mine seems to be moving agonisingly slowly too. I'm hoping to start feeling movement soon as that will be reassuring. I'm not sure if I've felt a few twinges already - could just be wind!

sweetgrouch Thu 03-Apr-14 18:55:50

Euro- I had a hard time identifying movement at first. It wasn't until my scan when I saw the baby move while feeling motion that I recognized it for what it was. I'm guessing your twinges are the real deal smile

freedom2011 Thu 03-Apr-14 21:31:39

hello! no real movement here either, I thought I felt something in the last few days but nothing for the last couple of days. Today I met my midwife at our chosen clinic. It went really well and I am massively relieved. Doing this in a foreign county is a bit daunting but actually now I am sure I am in good hands.

seamermaid Fri 04-Apr-14 11:53:11

Marking place. Been too busy at work to post much. Rest of my life seems to involve sleeping only these days.
As grateful as I'm to finally be pregnant I can't believe I will ever enjoy pregnancy. I'm counting the days until the baby is born. Going for a private scan next week - dreading it tbh.

sweetgrouch Fri 04-Apr-14 17:07:36

free - the movement is sporadic at first. I'm glad that you feel like you are in good hands.

sea - good luck with the scan. Your life will probably continue to revolve around sleep once your baby is born.

AFM not much new except that the snow seems to be melting and the temperatures have been above freezing in the day. Nothing like the first hints of spring smile

Buzzybee123 Fri 04-Apr-14 17:28:41

hey ladies, all your pregnancies seem to be flying grin to me anyway

sea big hand hold for you my lovely, I hated being pregnant other than the last 4 weeks, its all worth the worry when you hold your baby

free I didn't feel movement until about 22-23 weeks, I might have felt something before but put it down to wind grin

critter you'll be back on here very soon smile

I'm having a snuggle with my fur baby, she seems to think that the bouncy chair is for her and sits on it, she also has a spot in the cot too, obviously not when BB is in there

Not much to report here other than we finally seem to have a decent feeding regime going, thankfully she has always been a good sleeper just like her lazy mum
FIL is doing my head in, he and I are heading for a show down, he seems to think that she is a performing animal, hates when she is asleep -- what babies spend most of their time doing-- and wakes her up then snatches and I mean snatches her off me angry he is a complete twat hmm

rant over, waves to everyone else

freedom2011 Fri 04-Apr-14 21:20:08

sea of course enjoying pregnancy is hard anyway for 10+++ers and you've really been through a hard time recently losing one of your twins so I am not surprised at how you feel. I send you a big hug.

critter I read about the tree for James on the other thread. That's lovely. I wish you good health and a speedy return to the grads thread.

buzzy gah! can you limit FILs visits? or enlist MrBuzzy to say - WTF are you doing?

Ginestas Fri 04-Apr-14 21:54:21

Just marking my spot! Ginster is keeping me too busy these days for much posting..

Buzz, fil's behaviour is unbelievable! Tell him to bugger off!

Those of you preggers, I remember all too well the feeling of just wanting the baby to arrive safely. Now I have many fond memories of being pregnant and I always loved having a bump no matter how shitty/worried I felt. Unfortunately I still have a tummy bump even though the baby is here!

Very excited that you're all starting to feel movement. It's comforting although brings new menkuling when the baby goes quiet for a while.

Lemons not long for you at all now! When does mat leave start?

Grouch hope mini g is ok? Looks super cute in the pics on t'other place.

Critter I hope with all my heart that you will be joining us again soon x

Waves and luffs to all the other grads

seamermaid Sat 05-Apr-14 06:58:22

Buzz your fil soundsshock. Can you not ask DH to have a quiet word? I would give him a nudge before you tell him off yourself. Glad the feeding is improving.

Free I'm sure you will feel baby soon. I keep thinking I can feel flutters but mostly it's just in my head I think.

Gin sounds like baby gin is keeping you busy.

Euro how are you?

Critter. I really hope to see you on here again v soon. Big hug to you lovely.

I think pregnancy has brought up some emotional stuff for me. I was really quite concern that I was depressed. I suffered from depression in my 20s and have been fine for most of the last 7 years. The combination of the really intense ivf, ohss, really bad MS and shock of one twin not making it really hit me. Tbh I feel v odd about being pregnant. I probably sound crazy but I feel a bit embarrassed and scared. I see so many happy preggos and I feel so far away from them. Is it normal to wonder if your baby is still alive or imagine all kinds of worrying health issues. Have always been quite a positive person but I seem to have become a bit of a misery. hmm

seamermaid Sat 05-Apr-14 07:00:51

Forgot to say
Lemon - you must be almost there - no?
Sweet - thanks for starting new thread.

Buzzybee123 Sat 05-Apr-14 12:14:51

FIL has been told by Barry and MIL, I honestly think a slap on the wrist is in order

sea you've been through so much and its hard not to worry, I didn't feel 'right' about being preggo until about 25 weeks, I worried all the time and had several scans up to 20 weeks as I always feared the worst, I don't think 'our kind' the battlers ever really relax and enjoy it which is a shame, just go with your emotions

sweetgrouch Sat 05-Apr-14 16:58:59

sea - I never properly enjoyed being pregnant. I can look back on it fondly now without all the worries I had then. I agree with buzzy that it is normal for 'our kind' to relax and enjoy it with the belief all will go well.

Gin - little gin is adorable! I'm glad she's keeping you so busy. Mini-sweets enjoys playing on his own for short bouts, which gives my arms a break and some time to post.

Buzz - lucky you with lots of naps! I am a bit envy - little sweets isn't into daytime naps.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sat 05-Apr-14 17:32:26

Sea - I am sorry you're feeling odd. I still do a fair bit of the time and as I said on the main thread, it's on my notes now as still incredibly insecure... I reckon it's part of our longer and convoluted journey, sadly...

I am 31 weeks today, so between 6 en 11 to go shock with some annual leave throwing in I am on leave from 36 weeks, so five left at work.

Waves to all. Time for a nap while SB paints the flat smile

seamermaid Tue 08-Apr-14 18:48:51

Thanks ladies for your support and understanding.
It really helps.

Lemons - not long now till you go on maternity. You can put your feet up then. Enjoy before the chaos starts.

Sweet - I hope the little one is getting some day time naps now so you can have a break now and again.

Buzzy - Have you told FIL off yet? smile

Not much to report here. I have asked for my antenatal care to be transferred to another hospital as I only picked the original place which is in a rather grim part of London because they are known to be good for twins. I see no reason why I should trek all the way there when I have a good hospital just down the road.

I have been trying to book private scans at the weekend and it's pretty impossible to get an appointment. Managed to get something in for this Sat. Feeling quite nervous about it but trying to stay positive. I am in that weird place where I still can't really talk openly about my pregnancy as I keep worrying something will go wrong.

eurochick Sun 13-Apr-14 08:20:55

I'm just back from hols, and plane turbulence and snorkelling definitely provoked some activity in there! Hols were amazing, although I can't say I enjoyed 10hr in cattle class with bump and restless legs each way. If I can wake myself up enough through the jetlag, I'll stick some pics up on t'other place later.

buzz he really does sound like a twat. If Barry and MIL have already tried, maybe he needs to hear it from you too. It sounds like they will support you anyway.

sea I'm having my private scans at FMC. I've been able to get appointments easily, but on weekdays. I haven't tried weekends. It's my 20 week scan on Tuesday. I am hoping against hope that all will be well.

seamermaid Sun 13-Apr-14 09:06:31

Hi Euro! Your hols sound idyllic. I had a scan at FMC yesterday. It was a revelation! I can't believe for £150 scan you get that level of detail analysis and such pleasant surroundings and gel that has been warmed up! I think I got too used to the substandard service and surroundings at ARGC and for a lot more money (not that I am not extremely grateful to them!) They were really amazing and the scan really reassured me. I am having a little boy!

Buzzybee123 Sun 13-Apr-14 12:45:32

sea Congrats on a little boy smile I think the argc are over rated

euro Glad you enjoyed your hols, I have told FIL aswell, he is just such a neanderthal, he must think I am incredibly rude grin for a DIL

eurochick Sun 13-Apr-14 13:23:02

That's amazing sea! I really rate FMC. They were great for my Harmony test and nuchal. I had been planning to revert to the NHS after the 12 week scan, but decided to stick with FMC. Compared to what we have shelled out already on fertlity treatment, it is frankly a piss in the ocean!

Hols were amazing but the week absolutely flew by. Normally a week there feels a lot longer. We usually do more too (diving, but this time we had to stick to snorkelling around). I'm not sure why the time flew by so much.

seamermaid Mon 14-Apr-14 22:44:30

Thanks buzz and euro.
Buzz I think argc is a good clinic because of the deep personalisation but their customer service is really not up to scratch. Their facilities are really appalling. I just think it wouldn't cost so much of their profitability just to make things a little bit better but i think they really don't care about that. They don't even replace light bulbs! Having said that I had an amazing doc and dealt with a couple of truly caring nurses but quite a few of those working there really shouldn't be in a caring profession. Anyways I'm not complaining.
I'm glad you told your fil off. Sounds like he really needed it.

Euro it sounds like you had an amazing time. Well deserved break. How much time are you planning to take off for maternity leave? Have you decided?

eurochick Tue 15-Apr-14 07:28:14

I'm planning on around 4 months after the birth and a couple of weeks before EDD. And then mr euro plans to take around three months (you can now transfer leave between you). I'm trying to change jobs at the moment though, so that might affect timings. What about you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now