Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

NEW RM OCTOBER 2014 thread - Today we are pregnant THREAD 2

(384 Posts)
squizita Mon 31-Mar-14 12:36:02

Continued Sep-Oct thread for ladies who have experienced more than one loss in the past, so as to not scare the regular October folk!

JBrd Mon 31-Mar-14 12:54:09

Hi squiz I was just about to start a new thread, you beat me to it! Hope that everyone will find us.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 31-Mar-14 13:38:29

Found you.

Is anyone else suffering with bloat? 11 weeks today and my stomach is rock hard and feels swollen. I can't suck it in so I'm trying to disguise it with a floaty cardigan (and not doing very well)

JBrd Mon 31-Mar-14 13:56:22

bugs Have you tried peppermint tea? I found that helps me with most things stomach-related and found it helps with bloating.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 31-Mar-14 14:11:01

No but it doesn't feel like that sort of bloat. I feel heavy and swollen in my stomach and bum. I think it's poo related still so I have fybogel to start tonight.

squizita Mon 31-Mar-14 14:40:03
nearlyreadytopop Mon 31-Mar-14 14:40:34

hi! found you. Thanks squiz
18 weeks now for me. 16 days until 20 week scan. 16 loooonnnng dayssmile hope everyone is ok?
I have been trying to find some maternity tops without stripes (not attractive on me). It's easier said than done.

TaytoCrisp Mon 31-Mar-14 16:34:38

Great to have a new thread, and to have made it this far! Thanks Squiz.

JBrd very best of luck with the re-test.

Great that the 20 weeks scans are on the horizon for some. Look forward to the updates..

No bloating here, but this is quiet an anxious week... My last mc was at 14 wks exactly, and that is the day im scheduled to have the cervical stitch in London (Wednesday). So heading down tomorrow, and just wish these two weeks would pass. Think I have thrush too blush which is also worrying me with the cervix issues, but I think everything is worrying me this week...hope to get on another few weeks, and really hope I can stay on this thread til it fills up...

Millysdream Mon 31-Mar-14 18:12:05

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. I had a scan again today nearly 18w and they said they are pretty sure it's a girl. I am over the moon. Having another scan at 21 weeks so going to see what they say. I was convinced it was a boy and I am so happy to be pregnant that I would be more than happy with either. Pre miscarriages I always said I wanted a girl so I am really happy. Xxxxxxxxxx not buying anything till after my next scan though x

TaytoCrisp Mon 31-Mar-14 18:49:08

Great news milly! How lovely.

nearlyreadytopop Mon 31-Mar-14 19:44:45

brilliant milly smile

TheBuggerlugs Mon 31-Mar-14 19:49:06

Wow Milly thats fantastic news. I can't imagine being 18w even though it's only 7 weeks away.

Millysdream Mon 31-Mar-14 20:35:05

I felt like that for ages. I thought I would never get to certain stages. I wish I could say it has flown but it hasn't. I have just counted down to each appointment and each scan and somehow I am here. Each scan gets slightly easier but am still so anxious about everything. I am on holiday from work for 2 weeks from Friday so at least I will get a nice break.
I look at heavily pregnant women and feel so envious. I feel like I will never get there! Xxx
One day a time ladies although I bet we all wish we could fast forward a few months. Xx

JBrd Tue 01-Apr-14 08:50:57

Great news, Milly!

I know what you mean about time crawling - I swear that nothing has ever lasted as long as the last few months since I got my BFP. And October seems ages away...

I'm on my way to the FMC now, trying to reassure myself that a) there is a big possibility for a good outcome and b) that I do not have to decide anything immediately...

squizita Tue 01-Apr-14 08:57:21

Yay Millys

I'm bricking it for my doppler Friday even though I have no problems. One day at a time!

Saw someone on another thread hint a doc at St Marys blamed their recurrent MC on hot baths and their DH using saunas... hoping it was a locum or misunderstanding. It just seems so unscientific (I mean, how to measure 'hot' for example?). shock Not like my experience at all: even with caffeine they explained the mg not 'strong' or 'weak' and certainly not commenting on my behaviour. RMC is almost never caused by that kind of thing I thought.

squizita Tue 01-Apr-14 08:58:03

JBIRD x-post. Thinking of you. smile

TaytoCrisp Tue 01-Apr-14 17:02:21

Good luck jbrd... hope you get reassured.

squiz i agree that the hot baths thing sounds extremely unlikely..and not at all evidence based.

Im on the train to London for the cervical stitch in the morn at st marys. Im not concerned about the procedure, more the fact that it will be 14 weeks exactly - the same time as last mc.. so hopefully it will be ok and i wont need to get it out again soon after. Treated myself to first class (well can justify it as i will need some extra comforts on a 5hr journey back after!) DH is away... so i am heading on my own, but he will be back in time to collect me from the hospital.. so it should be ok....Oh, here comes the crisps and cake! what a treat!

nearlyreadytopop Tue 01-Apr-14 17:10:17

jbrd hope it went well today.
tayto virtual handholding for tomorrow. It's another step on the road isn't it. On another note every time I see your username I get a craving for a tayto cheese and onion crisp sandwichgrin .
I just had a moment of 'hold on a moment, its April, I have my 20 week scan in April' shock smile .
I'm back to work tomorrow and I've just heard that my boss has outed me to the entire team. I was hoping for another couple of weeks of 'need to know' only. Dreading it.

TaytoCrisp Tue 01-Apr-14 18:01:26

Thanks nearly. Maybe i should change my name to fruitskewer given current cravings! Though i do also like a crisp from the homeland [happy]. Good luck tomorrow with your team... im sure they will be very pleased for you, though i understand wanting to ease back in and tell them individually as it feels right. Hang in til lunchtime and you will be on the home straight.

Millysdream Tue 01-Apr-14 18:36:24

Hope everything goes well tayto

nearly what date is your scan? I guess you are on countdown now. My 21 week scan is 24th April. Still feels miles away. Going to tell the kids in my class after that.
A kid drew a picture of me with a little girl on my belly. I asked her what it was and she said I had a girl on my tshirt. For a second I thought she had some inside knowledge lol

jbird hope you have been reassured by hearing the heartbeat xx

fedupofrainydays Tue 01-Apr-14 21:52:23

Phew. Found you!!
Thanks for the new thread squiz

Wow - 20 wk scans on the horizon? Wow.

So I made it past 11 + 6 with no signs of mc. Scan in two days now and started to feel really frightened that the baby has died and I just don't know it. I'm really busy at work which kind of helps but it's constantly on my mind. Constantly. Roll on Friday so at least I will know.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Yay for a girl milly!

tayto hope you will be ok on your own tomorrow and keep talking to us on here to help get through it / provide some entertainment and chat for the obligatory hanging around that goes with these things. And please remember, if you want face to face company the offer still stands... you can always ask reception to call Fedupofrainydays and say taytocrisp needs a hand hold grin

fedupofrainydays Tue 01-Apr-14 21:53:18

Ps jbrd I hope today was okay and reassured you.

TaytoCrisp Wed 02-Apr-14 07:46:16

Gowned up, ready to rock...

Thanks again for the offer rainy! grin. At least dh will be here this afternoon. Very best of luck on Friday.

squizita Wed 02-Apr-14 08:04:56

Tayto good luck with the stitch op. smile

Fedup ditto re the random fears. Roll on Friday for both of us (my doppler appt is then too).

JBrd Wed 02-Apr-14 11:29:32

Good luck Tayto Fingers crossed that it will all go smoothly! Do you get a GA for the stitch? (Sorry, I'm sure you told us this already).

fedup IME, the 2 days before a scan are always the worst! Can you distract yourself? <<holding your hand>>

My appointment at the FMC yesterday went well, although nothing new came of it. Scan is all good, measurements are fine, all the markers are good and not giving any concerns at all. It's still my bloods that are sh** sad My Papp-A is rock bottom, it could barely get any lower if it wanted to! So the risk is still high sad
I am repeating the Harmony test (free re-draw included in the package), so will be putting any further decisions off until we have the results from that in 2 weeks.
I am scared of an invasive procedure, after all I had to go through to get where I am now, I really don't want to take any risks... But I don't know if I could bear not knowing, if the Harmony test also comes back as high risk. Will have to discuss this all with DH (this could be interesting).

Sigh. Just when I thought I'm over the worst and can start to relax! Now I am in yet another 2ww angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now