Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2014 thread 4 - scans, scans scans!!

(1000 Posts)
bumpbangbump Tue 25-Mar-14 12:00:31

New thread ladies. I should really leave it to someone who can link the old one. Can someone add the edd list and whatnot? Or maybe we should start again now edds are changing after scan.

Bumpbangbump dc#2 EDD 2nd October

funtimesahead Mon 14-Apr-14 14:50:03

Hello! New to mn and no idea how this works but can I be added to the list please? First baby due 1st October, still hasn't quite sunk in!

Kirstipops Sun 13-Apr-14 17:57:55
mum2kiss Sun 13-Apr-14 17:24:56

We're almost at 1000 post! Anyone know hownto start a new thread? !

Me23 Sun 13-Apr-14 16:29:26

Both mine were in with me past 6 months. Followed the SIDS guidance. https://www.isisonline.org.uk/sleep_health/
This is a great infant sleep resource-everything from c-sleeping safe sleeping.

fedupofrainydays Sun 13-Apr-14 15:38:43

With ds he was in his own room at about 3 weeks. I had the monitor by my bed. My reason for this was I really could not sleep as every snuffle / wriggle made my sit up and check he was ok. I wasn't getting any sleep so it was affecting everything. It worked really well and I just got up to do the night feeds in his room then went back to bed. Not the recommended approach but I seriously would be become ill / very depressed at the rate I was going so it was better for everyone that way.
DH slept in the spare room at the beginning when back at work (during the week) to avoid being woken up and in with me at the weekend!! This time we won't have a spare room (as baby will be in it) so he's stuck with me!!

NotInYourNature Sun 13-Apr-14 15:21:09

We co slept with ds till he was 6 months and further when teething ect, i would have kept co sleeping longer but he wont sleep in our bed now.
i love it, waking up looking at them and hearing those reassuring breaths.

ohthegoats Sun 13-Apr-14 15:18:37

Oh, thanks for sleeping responses. We too have a spare room that one of us regularly ends up in. Indeed a relationship saver.

ohthegoats Sun 13-Apr-14 15:16:51

Oh, thanks for sleeping responses. We too have a spare room that one of us regularly ends up in. Indeed a relationship saver.

ohthegoats Sun 13-Apr-14 15:14:12

Fedup - I genuinely can't imagine Argentina when pregnant. When I went there I lived on red wine, rare steak and cherries. And it was really, really hot, hut not a beach type place! I ended up trekking in patagonia, which was ace, but again no good if pregnant.

The bonus of here is the huge amount of fruit I'm eating - first time in travelling history that a holiday tummy is better than the gut situation at home. Never been so excited to have to run to the loo!

fedupofrainydays Sun 13-Apr-14 14:09:03

Yeah it is all ridiculous so after my initial perfume panic I'm forgetting it all as you literally wouldn't be able to do anything. New car?! Madness. I'm sure many people get new cars when preg as realise their current one won't work with a small baby (ok not everyone goes for brand new but still).

This sunshine is amazing today - love it.

gunwalloe Sun 13-Apr-14 13:55:17

Baby will be in our room for six months to so much easier when breast feeding to just grab them feed them and settle them back down I also wouldn't want to traipse around the house in the middle of the night.

mum2kiss Sun 13-Apr-14 13:49:14

I kept dd in with me until 7 months. Will do the same again this time around. They do say that a mother is more likely to sense a problem with baby if they are in the same room than not...plus when it comes to night feeds trapsing around the house in the early hours was not.for me! I want my baby as close as possible so that I dont have to move very far lol! I also dont remember ever beinh disturbed in the night by dds snuffling/snoring etc... dp is probably going to suffer but hey ho...I'll be the one doing all the night feeds so fair is fair!

FlipFantasia Sun 13-Apr-14 13:41:06

We also kept DC in our room til gone six months - actually longer since we use a baby bay bedside cot and then co-slept (well, kept the bigger cot at the end of the bed and then took the baby into bed at the 11pm wake up). Once you read the reasons why then it makes sense (SIDS terrifies me - plus an old friend is convinced her baby stayed alive by 'remembering' to breathe because she was right next to the bed, she convinced me!).

I will say I am a very fussy sleeper - dh's breathing/snoring/restlessness can drive me mad! - but my DC's breathing, snuffling, sleep flailing, etc has never bothered me. DH suffers at the double standard!

We also keep a spare room specifically so we don't have to share a bed every night - I slept in the spare room last night as my insomnia is wrecking havoc on me. It's a relationship & sanity saver.

On the co sleeping front, it's important to avoid drink/drugs/fags but we decided it was safer than potentially falling asleep on the couch with a tiny baby. DH gets shifted to the spare room if he has a boozy night out (with crafty fags). It depends on what works for you.

hefner Sun 13-Apr-14 12:11:33

Just adding myself to the list (same date as you mrsb!).

Kirstipops dc1 Edd 27th Sept
sazzlehopes dc2 27th sept
MundayCakes85 EDD 28th Sept
MrsBadCrumble74 DC2 EDD 28th September
Mrsb87 Dc1 Edd 29th Sept
hefner DC2 EDD 29th Sept
Gunwalloe DC5 Edd 30th Sept
CaptainMcgraw DC2 EDD 30th September
Bumpbangbump DC2 EDD 2nd Oct
Porcito DC1 EDD 3rd October
TroubleAndFyfe DC2 EDD 4th Oct
Georgebythesea DC1 EDD 4th Oct
CellyD DC2 EDD 6 Oct
FlipFantasia DC3 Edd 7 Oct
Cabster DC2 EDD 8 Oct
Binkybunny Dc1 Edd 10th Oct
Claptomania DC1 EDD 10th Oct
Fedupofrainydays, DC2, EDD 10th Oct
Me23 Dc3 Edd 11th Oct
MrsDinoRawr DC1 Edd 11th October
Bumpforme2014 DC1 EDD 11th Oct
PunkyBubba DC2 EDD 12th Oct
Kittylou1 Dc1 Edd 12th Oct
Binglesplodge DC1 EDD 14th Oct
Happytimes31 Dc1 Edd 15th Oct
Pebble82 DC1 EDD 14th Oct
Mrsthedog DC1 EDD 16th Oct (puppythedog also lurking about the thread)
Grannyapple DC3 EDD 16th Oct
ExcitedCJ DC2 EDD 18th Oct
Loulou888 DC3 Edd 20th Oct
FrauEnglischLehrerin DC2 edd 22nd Oct
Stigz DC2 EDD 23rd Oct
NotInyourNature DC2 EDD 24th Oct
Robindeer, DC1 EDD 26th Oct
Matildasmam22 DC3 EDD 27th Oct

hefner Sun 13-Apr-14 12:08:31

We did keep DD in our bedroom for 6 months and I'm planning to do it again next time. It wasn't too bad, just a bit annoying having to creep around when you're getting ready for bed.

I haven't changed any of my toiletries or avoided cleaning products since being pregnant, but I am trying to avoid cured meats etc.

ohthegoats Sun 13-Apr-14 11:23:42

I had two mouthfuls of beer the other night and felt pissed. Then almost immediately really sick. Won't be doing it again. I'd kill for a g and t.

I have a question. This advice about babies staying in your room for 6 months. If you have kids, did you do this? Are first timers and old hands planning on doing it again? Me and the boyfriend will struggle with that - he can barely sleep with me in the same room, let alone someone else daring to breathe as well as me!

Kirstipops Sun 13-Apr-14 09:53:41

Welcome to the newbies, and happy belated bday to Puppy! I'm sick of all these do's and don'ts, how we ever evolved this far as a species I don't know, when you hear of all the scare stories! I don't smoke, I've quit booze since bfp and have a slight caffeine aversion anyway so gave that up involuntarily to be honest! Given up the usual stuff like pate and certain cheeses and uncooked shellfish, and if I have steak I'll just cook it just under well done. (I won't order it in a restaurant because I'm such a ridiculous irrational snob that I don't want to ask for it well done, so daft of me I know!!) I've got quite a basic (read: cheap! Bio Oil is prob my luxury product haha!) skincare routine anyway so I wouldn't feel the need to make any amendments. Hope you ladies are well today, I feel up for a nap already! 16 week checkup tomorrow, hope I get to hear the heartbeat then smile

mrsb87 Sun 13-Apr-14 09:32:58

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good weekend?

Went to a lovely wedding yesterday, I did 3 bridesmaids and the bride's hair and only had half an hour to tart myself up! Super tiring day but it was lovely and sunny.

Dh and I have dtd maybe once a week since bfp,I have instigated proceedings but found it hard to get my end of the deal (if you know what I mean!).

I haven't changed my moisturiser or anything. I did hear using bubble bath can encourage thrush but I'm not sure whether it's true or not. If anything I'm using more moisturiser because my skin is so dry I feel like a big scale! The skin on my fingers is splitting, making them really sure!

Me23 Sun 13-Apr-14 09:09:37

Agh why can't you edit on here just adding people to the list and made mistake.

Mrsb87 Dc1 Edd 29th Sept
CellyD DC2 EDD 6 Oct
Cabster DC2 EDD 8 Oct
Me23 Dc3 Edd 11th Oct
Stigz DC2 EDD 23rd Oct

Me23 Sun 13-Apr-14 09:06:35

Stigz dc2 EDD 23oct
Mrsb87 Dc1 Edd 29th Sept
CellyD DC2 EDD 6 Oct
Cabster DC2 EDD 8 Oct
Me23 Dc3 Edd 11th Oct
Stigz DC2 EDD 23rd Oct

binkybunny Sun 13-Apr-14 09:04:37

I also read you have to avoid paint, new cars, new carpets and new furniture... as we have just bought a nice big new family car and will be moving house next month and decorating a nursery with lots of nice new furniture I dont think we'll be following that advice!

The same thing said not to use bathroom cleaner though so I have stuckto that one purely so DH can scrub the loo grin

Binglesplodge Sun 13-Apr-14 08:37:48

I haven't changed any of my toiletries though I think if my normal moisturiser contained vitamin A I'd give it a miss for now. I think if you believe everything you read on the internet you'll end up a bit paranoid!

binkybunny Sun 13-Apr-14 08:19:31

I went out the day I got my BFP and bought lots of natural creams soaps etc after explaining to the girl in the shop Iwas literally a few weeks. Covered myself in the stuff when I got home to then read the label said not to be used in the first trimester!

Gave in and went back to my normal stuff although have avoided anything strong smelling as it makes me gag.

I haven't worn perfume since getting pregnant as I simply can't bear strong smells of any description.
I eat slightly runny eggs, slightly rare red meat and have the very occasional half glass of wine.

fedupofrainydays Sun 13-Apr-14 07:41:27

When I say I've npt changed anything - obviously I don't drink booze, (don't smoke anyway), cut down (almost completely out) caffeine and don't eat any of the illegal foods apart from a Parma ham slip up a good few weeks ago. But I haven't changed what I but on my face, hair or skin (which I didn't realise was so very terrible) or stopped eating / drinking things involving plastic containers or tins.

This thread is not accepting new messages.