Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2014 thread 4 - scans, scans scans!!

(1000 Posts)
bumpbangbump Tue 25-Mar-14 12:00:31

New thread ladies. I should really leave it to someone who can link the old one. Can someone add the edd list and whatnot? Or maybe we should start again now edds are changing after scan.

Bumpbangbump dc#2 EDD 2nd October

Me23 Tue 25-Mar-14 16:16:26

Agree new list is best way to go.

Wrt tiredness- I'm still knakered 11+3 today however my symptoms didn't start until 8 weeks. In my experience as a 3rd timer and a midwife I would say most women generally have more energy by 16 weeks gestation. As others hae said tiredness tends to set in again in the 3rd trimester. Though some unlucky women are tired all the way through like me in my 2nd pregnancy.

CareBearWithFangs Tue 25-Mar-14 16:25:17

Marking place.

Did anyone else seem to get a sudden worsening of symptoms at 10 weeks? I can't do anything. Feel like the worlds worst mother, DD has has the tv on all day!

binkybunny Tue 25-Mar-14 16:34:18

I'm 11+5 and although still have sicky tired days (like today only managed 5 hours at work blush ) I'm definitely having more good with lots of energy days. Would never have managed Sundays walk 2-3 weeks ago. Just hoping days like today will soon becomr a distant memory. I cried on the way home because I was struggling with the half hour or so drive!

tak1ng you definitely get the prize. Poor you! It did make me realise that my morning wasnt too bad though!

mum2kiss Tue 25-Mar-14 16:45:33

My dd just informed me that I ALWAYS just feel sick and in pain sad she did not seem.impressed by this fact!

PunkyBubba Tue 25-Mar-14 16:50:55

Marking my place

I will add myself to the new list, once scan is successfully (fingers crossed) out of the way on 9th April.

Almost 11 weeks and my tiredness isn't as bad as it was, though the nausea is weird.. It went from being all day, to suddenly hitting me like a brick out of the blue at random times. I just dry retched at my desk out of the blue.. and burped at the same time.. Am meant to be a professional, and am surrounded by business clients... I bet they are thinking 'what a classy lady'!

Still I would take that any day over your experience this morning Taking!!

I'm also very emotional at the moment, bursting into tears at anything and everything.

Am glad we are having a some happy scans, loving the photos :-)

Sparkle9 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:25:19

I woke up to find bright red blood this morning. Quite a lot. I've only had brown spotting before so I was shocked. The midwife has made me a scan appointment for Thursday so I have a few worrying days ahead. It's A&E if it gets worse before scan. I'm 9 weeks today. So far today there has been only minimal brown spotting. I'm really hoping the red stuff stays away. I came home early from work and slept on the sofa. I have terrible guilt when I'm very rarely off work. :-(

pebble82 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:29:23

Sparkle you mustn't feel guilty. You definitely shouldn't be in work as you wouldn't be able to concentrate anyway. You need to look after yourself. Hope everything is ok. If it helps I have a friend who had very heavy bleeding from 11-25 weeks and everything was fine with baby.

monkeypeanuts Tue 25-Mar-14 17:32:39

I'm still here, sort of lurking I suppose! Just waiting for scan on Thurs. Congrats to all those having good ones. Commiserations to those still feeling knackered, I'm def in that camp!

Loulou888 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:43:27

Oh sparkle hope all is okay xxx

Kirstipops Tue 25-Mar-14 17:46:59

Hiya newbies! I really ought to add myself to this list at some point, going by the list so far I'm due first?! 27th Sept (still think it'll be later though). Following on from the previous thread about some of us ladies struggling to regain our cooking mojo, I seem to veer from wanting to cook up something tangy/stodgy/fresh-tasting - to just feeling in dire need of a Chinese or chippy (gone off Indian takeaways but still enjoying homemade Indian-style food, bizarrely). I normally really enjoy cooking but after a late night last night and tiring day today I'm hoping the DH will fancy cooking tonight (though I'm sure I'll stick my oar in). Hope those feeling "meh" perked up over the day. I'll hold off and wait for any extra add-ons before I start a FB group I think.

Kirstipops Tue 25-Mar-14 17:51:59

hey Sparkle, hope you're OK, look after yourself, you'd only be stressing at work anyway so you may as well rest up at home.

Authentique Tue 25-Mar-14 17:59:21

LOL Tak1ngchances, I had to laugh a bit at your description of your start to the day and the loo experience. So sorry though. Are you okay now?

bythesea82 Tue 25-Mar-14 18:01:07

sparkle hope you're doing ok. I totally know the anxious waiting feeling, have had bleeding since last week but they're not keen to bring the scan forwards from the 7th so just a wait and see game, very hard!
Look after yourself thanks

Sparkle9 Tue 25-Mar-14 18:10:57

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to have good news on Thursday.

Bythesea - that's a long wait for you. I hope it passes quickly.

My area seems pretty good about early scans. The one on Thursday will be my third. I've had spotting since the start but then 10 days of no bleeding then one day of spotting then nothing for a few days and now the bright red blood today. I saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks but I'm worried it's all going wrong now.

Yeah I'm ok now thank you. Still mortified and have sprayed my handbag with antibacterial spray but it still seems gross to me!

To everyone who is exhausted - have you had your iron levels checked? I just got my bloods back yesterday and I'm slightly anaemic. So I'll be taking (disgusting) spatone for a while and hopefully my energy will come back a bit.

Fingers crossed for you sparkle

mum2kiss Tue 25-Mar-14 18:49:03

taking if its any consolation my bowel gave way pretty much as soon as we arrived home today...ate out for lunch so assuming something I had there didnt agree with me!

Its my birthday this week so I'm due to eat out twice more this week...feeling a bit reluctant now!

clairemiss79 Tue 25-Mar-14 18:49:16

Hi has anyone felt their baby move? I'm nearly 12 weeks and I feel it about twice a day. This is my fourth preg so I'm pretty sure that's what it is but am I going insane? Is it just too early? It feels like a little flutter smile

Bumpforme2014 Tue 25-Mar-14 18:51:05

Evening all, can I be included on FB group please I am addicted to checking mumsnet in mornings and after work but don't have time during work hours.

Told the boss this afternoon, he was so shocked and kind of stared at me open mouthed for a minute but quickly got his head around it and as he has a daughter we were having a nice chat about what pregnancy is like. He also said to me "you do realise that legally I have to let you do whatever you want now" which made me laugh and feel better as he basically said I can have time off whenever I want he he :-)

I'm 11 weeks and symptoms have been bad again since 10 weeks, going away this weekend so a little dissapointed I'm not feeling better yet, really struggling to sleep at night anyone else waking every hour for the loo?

Thinking of those having bleeds hope your okay sparkle and takingchances that was sooooo funny.

Kirstipops Tue 25-Mar-14 18:51:47

Tak1ngchances ooft I just read the rundown of your commute, hope you've recovered, it sounds like something from a film haha!! I had a nosebleed this morning,luckily my sis in law had recently mentioned having these too in her pregnancies so I didn't worry. Luckily I was still in the house at the time, they usually come at inopportune moments, out on the go... Waking up in all-white hotel bedrooms...

mrsb87 Tue 25-Mar-14 19:22:34

Hi guys, wow lots to catch up on today. I'm definitely up for a Facebook group, count me in!

Well I went to work, against what everyone else wanted to do! I really enjoyed being back and it was lovely to beback with my crew. It was great telling them all my news! I am yet to see of I'm going to suffer for it yet.

My due date has changed too so I guess when we have all been scanned it makes sense for an update!

MrsF2510 Tue 25-Mar-14 19:26:11

Finally got my scan date which is in 2 weeks and I will be 14 weeks! Can't wait - sorry bit of a nothing post but marking my place on the new thread! X

noimagination80 Tue 25-Mar-14 19:53:22

Hey all, marking my space.

Sparkle Try not to worry, a friend who has just had her first, bled and spotted through her whole pregnancy. The doctors could not work out what was causing it.

I am up for the facebook group. Like Bumpforme, I only get the chance to check mumsnet in the evenings and weekends......Which I tend sleep through most of the time.

Had my bloods taken over 2 weeks ago, still no results yet, so taking that as a good sign. 10 days to go until scan, can't bloody wait.

We have told a few people, I told my boss at 7 weeks, he was really good about it, and has been since.

I have been getting flutters, but I put that down to gas, which I have an abundance of at the moment....blush

Wiggy29 Tue 25-Mar-14 20:07:28

Sparkle- hope the next couple of days go quickly and then you get the reassurance you'll be eagerly waiting for.

Yes to FB page- great idea.

I'd wondered about fluttering as dc3, then started getting paranoid about twins as WAY bigger than dc1&2 at this stage but also there's a good chance it's because dc1 normally takes awhile to show and had 8 year gap before dc1 (so almost as though a first DC), while this time it's only 13 months since I had dc2.

Wiggy29 Tue 25-Mar-14 20:08:25

Forgot to add, with dc1&2 I felt rough until about 16 weeks then felt great until 37ish. Hopefully this one will be the same!

ldt87 Tue 25-Mar-14 20:09:43

Hi all, checking in and marking the new thread.

I'm 11+3 today, scan on Monday and after trying to remain in ignorant bliss, and 2 good scans at 8 and 9 weeks, I'm now terrified of bad news at the scan.

Sorry you are worrying sparkle, it's a hard time in first tri and I'm sure Thursday will put your mind at rest. Don't worry about work at all.

How is everyone? My nausea is calming down, I'm on iron for anemia so starting to feel a bit less shattered. When I don't feel sick I worry where it's gone! Lol should be grateful for having a break xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.