Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Easter is approaching, and the PESH are laying all over the place!

(1000 Posts)
evilgiraffe Sun 09-Mar-14 19:29:32

Antenatal fred fun for BESH graduates

CRESH

Faith - pinky faithlet arrived 14th April 2013
Pinkr - suitably pinky one arrived 25th August 2013
Jethro - blue one arrived 23rd September 2013
Noks - pink one arrived 12th January 2014

PESH

Frankel - EDD 4th March ANY TIME NOW grin
Sinky - EDD 18th March
Merks - EDD 21st March
Driz - EDD 7th June
Draf - EDD 19th June
Kat - EDD 20th June
Winks - EDD 26th June
Dor - EDD 18th August
Ginger - 20th August
Euro - 28th August

PESH-in-hiding
Bugs - EDD approx 21st October

TheBuggerlugs Mon 28-Apr-14 21:42:51

Boom smile

TheBuggerlugs Mon 28-Apr-14 19:42:04

New Fred

HERE

I didn't know exact arrival dates for Frank, Sinks and Merk, sorry.

GingerScouse Mon 28-Apr-14 18:17:51

Can whoever does it change my edd to 13th August?

evilgiraffe Mon 28-Apr-14 18:14:40

I did this fred, so would appreciate it being someone else's turn smile

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. After spending the day with several toddlers, newborns suddenly seem less daunting! Children who can talk are not so scary, newborns who are basically noisy animals aren't so scary, but the inbetween bit of non-verbal mobile children is a bit frightening. Or maybe they're just all terrifying... Arrrrrgh, it's all just starting to become a bit real!

Still, I now have pieces of a cot in my living room, so we are really very close to Being Ready grin

TheBuggerlugs Mon 28-Apr-14 13:50:59

If no one else manages I'll do it tonight when I'm by a laptop.

katandkits Mon 28-Apr-14 12:27:00

Sorry I have no working laptop at the moment otherwise I would volunteer. Not sure I can cut and paste liSt on tablet.

Bugs ignore your mother. You deserve to be able to enjoy this pregnancy (as much as possible) so don't give her the satisfaction of taking that away from you

eurochick Mon 28-Apr-14 10:21:09

Hello all!

I've just got home to Blighty. I'm horribly jet lagged but the flight wasn't as bad as it could have been - I got upgraded to Business, so got a flat bed. Wa-hey! It was my 4th long haul BA flight in April, so I guess that made me the lucky one.

I now need to go and snooze for a bit before I go into the office later.

I nominate one of the June differs to do the next fred.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 28-Apr-14 10:05:19

I'm in serious menkul mode after tossing and turning all night and being reminded by my mother that Its 'still early'. She's really rocked my happy tree.

Kat fingers crossed for the scan.

Dor I'm sure you look beautiful.

FrankelandFilly Mon 28-Apr-14 09:54:32

Don't panic too much Draf, yes the nights can be hard but it's worth it for the little gummy grins and, as I keep telling myself, these first few weeks months are such a short amount of time in the grand scheme of things.

Hope the scan goes well Kat

No volunteers for the new thread? As I'm no longer a PESH it doesn't feel right for me to do it, so it'll have to be one of the differs!

katandkits Mon 28-Apr-14 09:39:56

draf the sleepless nights with a newborn are actually easier in my opinion than shitty late pregnancy insomnia. The hormone stuff helps especially if you are bf. And if you aren't the night feeds can be shared to maximise sleep.

Growth scan again today, here's hoping the little kitty has chubbed up sufficiently. Might have to discuss birth options with the doc, eeek!

evilgiraffe Mon 28-Apr-14 09:28:50

All these tales of sleepless nights are quite scary! <hopes for a sleepy baybee> I'm not sure how I'll manage, I feel wiped out just getting up to pee twice a night hmm

Glad GHJ has shown improvement, sinks, after your first post I was really annoyed on your behalf. I suspect HOTB will be okay most of the time, but your description of GHJ on his phone is something I won't be surprised to see HOTB doing. They'll learn, though, right?

We had a lovely day yesterday - lunch out with friends, then a walk round the nature reserve in the evening. There are birds EVERYWHERE, it's super nice. I heard a cuckoo, hurrah! I'm impatient for the swifts to arrive now, then it will feel like summer is on the way smile

FriendofDorothy Sun 27-Apr-14 23:04:35

I feel like a hippo tonight hmm

TheBuggerlugs Sun 27-Apr-14 22:14:41

I must stop googling photos of 15 week baby bumps.

TheBuggerlugs Sun 27-Apr-14 19:28:36

Whoop I made it through a whole Fred grin grin grin

My EDD is Oct 20th for the next one.

FrankelandFilly Sun 27-Apr-14 19:18:03

So, new thread? Can't quite believe it's exactly 7 weeks since this thread started, though I was otherwise engaged at the time grin

Sinks I feel like I'm asking for a favour whenever I ask VVTM to do something too. I feel a bit like the nanny asking for 2 mins off to go for a wee. Or I feel guilty as I'm interrupting what he is doing. Suspect that is more me too

SinkyMalinks Sun 27-Apr-14 18:14:36

Yes. I love my mum but she has occasional bouts of the screaming crazies. But now is not a good time for your mum to be playing up. Get sensible aunty on the case.

TheBuggerlugs Sun 27-Apr-14 17:51:27

My Aunty is going to talk to her. She's my mum and I love her but sometimes we all need some home truths.

SinkyMalinks Sun 27-Apr-14 17:17:15

And glad boob is (slowly) settling frank - you've done so well to stick with it.

SinkyMalinks Sun 27-Apr-14 17:16:29

Merk, our two sound similar. When I say I'm letting R sleep as long as he wants, that's been a grand total of an hour today. Waking him is only occasionally an issue, usually after a walk or car journey.

After my last post GHJ pulled the finger out somewhat and took R for a 40 min walk so I could sleep. And he is doing a lot of the nappy changes, I just wish I didn't feel like I was asking him a favour every time I ask him to do something, but that may well reflect more on me than him.

Bugs, sorry your mum continues to be mental less than supportive. Sympathies. I would agree minimal contact for your own sanity. Would your aunt be able to speak to her?

FrankelandFilly Sun 27-Apr-14 15:19:33

She's getting anything between 2 and 4 oz of expressed milk at about 9.30/10ish, depending on how much I manage to express through the day. I have to be careful, if I over express then my milk supply goes up and my boob swells again, but not enough expressing and my supply might dwindle too low. It's a fine balancing act! In the evenings I try to feed her at 5 and 7 from the boob and she may want another feed at 9, in which case I push the top up later.

For the last 10 days or so E's feeds have got progressively shorter, now 10 minutes at the most. I'm hoping it's because she's got efficient, but her weigh-in tomorrow will tell us the full story. During the day she goes anything from 2-3 hours between feeds, though it can be as little as an hour and a half at times. She will nap in her bouncy chair, but her sleep cycles seem to only be about 30 mins. We're very lucky that she settles well in her Moses basket, I think she likes the dark!

TheBuggerlugs Sun 27-Apr-14 15:14:34

That's my plan Frank. Shes going through a tough time atm but she hasn't been there for me for any of my mc's and has hardly wanted to know me or my brother in the last few years.

Sinks that sounds additionally tough. Can you explain to him (without losing your temper and screaming like I would)? To be fair VVTM is not being quite as helpful/hands on as I expected, but nothing similar to your situation.
We are getting between 1 and 2 hours between every feed, with the occasional 3 hour stretch. Naps in the day are 45mins max, sometimes she doesn't nap all day.
Frank - can I ask how much are you feeding on a night?

FrankelandFilly Sun 27-Apr-14 15:05:57

Bugs that's very unfair of her. Can you try going NC for a while, just to give yourself some head space? You don't have to cut her off completely, just don't go out of your way to speak to her for a little while.

This thread is not accepting new messages.