Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Easter is approaching, and the PESH are laying all over the place!

(1000 Posts)
evilgiraffe Sun 09-Mar-14 19:29:32

Antenatal fred fun for BESH graduates

CRESH

Faith - pinky faithlet arrived 14th April 2013
Pinkr - suitably pinky one arrived 25th August 2013
Jethro - blue one arrived 23rd September 2013
Noks - pink one arrived 12th January 2014

PESH

Frankel - EDD 4th March ANY TIME NOW grin
Sinky - EDD 18th March
Merks - EDD 21st March
Driz - EDD 7th June
Draf - EDD 19th June
Kat - EDD 20th June
Winks - EDD 26th June
Dor - EDD 18th August
Ginger - 20th August
Euro - 28th August

PESH-in-hiding
Bugs - EDD approx 21st October

SinkyMalinks Mon 10-Mar-14 08:13:34

Congrats Frank!

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 10-Mar-14 08:21:36

Wooohooooo! CONGRATULATIONS franks. Gorgeous name as well. And massive well done to you for getting her out at that size without any of the hard drucks. Cannot wait to see the pics on the other place!

I am still very happy to have found out, mostly because it made it a bit more real. And we didn't and still don't have any boy's names, which is a bit of a worry. I guess I am still in denial, I made my first baby purchase this weekend, a tiny outfit, as I thought it was time I bought something. All the baby things we have still fit in one bag and mostly consist of cuddly toys we were given But we sat on a terrace in the sun admiring other people's prams and discussing what we would do. We're probably just borrowing my sister's and getting a few new bits and bobs for it (like front wheels). SB has early nesting and has cleared the area where we'll put a changing station... So now I look at an empty corner of the room.

KatAndKit Mon 10-Mar-14 08:23:31

Congratulations and well done frank! Such a lovely name, and I can't wait to see a picture. Glad you are both doing well.

ALittleFaith Mon 10-Mar-14 08:27:48

Squee! New baybee! Well done Frank. You progressed quickly eh? I love the name. They were both high on the lost of choices for Faithlet. Enjoy newborn cuddles and hair sniffing! smile

Fabuluce Mon 10-Mar-14 08:38:42

sneaks in as not officially allowed in the PESH - just wanted to give a big whoop to Frank, and an arm punch. Well done!! And a cuddle and head sniff to Franklet smile

MsJupiter Mon 10-Mar-14 10:57:54

Congrats Frank!

<comes out of hiding to stick up a celebratory balloon>

TheBuggerlugs Mon 10-Mar-14 13:21:10

I feel a bit odd today hags. I feel heavy in my lower body, not in my womble or tummy specifically but it all feels bloated and sore but I can't put my finger specifically on where.

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 10-Mar-14 13:26:16

Crampy, stretchy, need a poo, ate something dodgy, or another kind of sore bugs?

TheBuggerlugs Mon 10-Mar-14 13:28:06

Erm, not really any of those. Just sort of heavy. Its weird. Clearly I need to go home from work immediately (fat chance). I can only assume it's due to my ginormo-ovaries still squashing everything.

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 10-Mar-14 13:39:00

What time can you go home? I've taken today off work (not that it matters to anyone). I'm shattered, heartburn-y and sore. I could do with taking a load of stuff to the charity shop but can't be arsed. Its the getting parked by the shops bit that's too much hassle.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 10-Mar-14 13:40:55

About 5 ish. I'm ok just having a winge. I've bought some seeds so am going to do some planting when I get home. That will cheer me up.

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 10-Mar-14 13:46:29

Whinge away! Planting seeds sounds lovely, what kinds do you have?

I think I need a nap.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 10-Mar-14 13:57:17

Sunflowers, cosmos, Erm and other pretty ones to plant round the base of some trees. I've probably bought completely the wrong ones but they look pretty smile

I bought seed tray inserts but didn't get seed trays to put them in so now need to find something to stand them on. <sigh>

Nokkie73 Mon 10-Mar-14 15:27:39

Woo-hoo. Well done franks. I love the name Elizabeth (it's Nancy's second name) and I know an absolutely lovely Alice so a totally gorgeous name. You are NAILS for doing it with just gas and air. I got ripped to the tits on gas and air so it has some great memories for me until syntocin turned me into Regan from the Exorcist

Who is next then ? It's exciting all this cluster laying.....

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 10-Mar-14 16:22:32

sinks and merks are in a race to the finish now.

How are you norks? How's the feeding, sleeping, pooping and crying (yours and babys) going?

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 10-Mar-14 16:22:32

sinks and merks are in a race to the finish now.

How are you norks? How's the feeding, sleeping, pooping and crying (yours and babys) going?

Nokkie73 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:38:29

twonkytonk I have to say that life as a mum is totes fucking amazeballs. My little lady is just gorgeous. She is a really good little thing and is (at the moment) being very kind on the sleeping front - she has just gone through the night over the last four nights which is great. She has always been a prodigious feeder which I reckon has helped enormously - no snacking at the boob, just good half hour feeds from a couple of weeks old, which have helped her stomach to grow so that she can take more and more food (and go longer between feeds). I have to confess and say that it's very little that I am doing to encourage this behaviour. I am a clueless nit - it is all her. I reckon it's the luck of the draw and depends on what kind of baby you get. I just wonder whether her extra two weeks in Shaft (my black womble) gave her an opportunity to develop that little bit more.....who knows. She has her jabs tomorrow so I just hope this doesn't turn her into some sort of psycho maniac nut job.

How are you doing, fellow Team Pink-er ?

Nokkie73 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:00:57

I have just re-read that post and am extremely concerned that you may think I have turned into a Stepford Wife. I have nit. To dispel this myth, certain facts should be stated here:

1. I drink red wine and breastfeed at the same time.
2. I have said the word cunt quite a lot since dropping my baybee.
3. Even though N sleeps very well, I am still awake at 4am as she farts and groans like an OAP who has scoffed a whole plate of egg sandwiches at a wedding, thus keeping me awake.
4. It took ages for my knockers to toughen-up for nork feeding.
5. I was fucking scared witless when I bought N home.
6. I cried for no reason for a couple of weeks after giving birth. Not all the time but the weirdest things would set me off. I would also go to the other end of the spectrum and call DP a fucking twat quite a lot.
7. I often have massive wet patches on my clothes because of my leaky breasticles.
8. I got a really horrid infection and my c-section wound was seeping for a couple of weeks post-birth.
9. I have not had sex for ages.

So I hope this reassures you that I haven't turned into a right soft fucking dweeb. I is still keeping it real, innit.

Nokkie73 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:03:52

DP ? I apologise. I mean CASAF. I will slap myself with a medley of fish immediately.

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 10-Mar-14 18:02:12

<wallops norks with the Turbot of Twee> grin
Sounds like you're getting on brilliantly Norks, I'm delighted for you. How quickly the last couple of months seem to have gone! Hooray for good sleeping and eating. <ponders if the red wine helps the baby snooze> I couldn't imagine you turning Stepford, somehow! Yuck to the seepy wound, are you all cleared up now?

I'm good, in general, though painful hips and ribs are causing me a fair amount of grief. I'm torn between wanting my baybee now and panicking that we still have 4 rooms to paint and can't order a pram until they're done. I'm also eating more food than should be humanly possible, and prone to crying at random fairly frequently. But generally, good. There's nothing nicer than sitting quietly and feeling her merrily kick the crap out of me smile

SinkyMalinks Mon 10-Mar-14 18:06:45

Noks, that is the first laugh I've had today (bouncing on ball is not fun. Even when it's sunny). I'd forgotten about Shaft (SHAFT!).

Thought my waters had gone last night... With the benefit of time I suspect it was wee blush.

Oh the glamour.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 10-Mar-14 18:45:33

Sinks did you sniff it like they do on OBEM? grin

8 weeks tomorrow hags and The Fear is coming back. GP is mad with me for thinking out loud about what I'll do next week If the scan shows bad news.

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 10-Mar-14 18:59:49

OBEM has been quite good the last two weeks. No fluid sniffing though.

bugsy I know its impossible not to torture yourself but honestly, the chances of it being ok are far, far higher than the chances its gone wrong. Hair strokes for you.

SinkyMalinks Mon 10-Mar-14 19:00:57

I tried Bugs! Didn't smell of much tbh, hence thinking it might be be wee... (And I'd just gone to the loo). But nothing more, so am ignoring.

Except I have been getting quite sore tightenings through the day. Not regular, but getting pretty sore. Don't really know what to do. Ghj will be at work till 8 ish and won't get home till 9.30ish at the earliest. And I think he thinks I'm already mad after my waters/wee confusion yesterday.

So I've decided to keep bouncing on my ball.

<yawn>

TheBuggerlugs Mon 10-Mar-14 19:21:43

Oooh we could have another ESHlet before the weekend. grin

If your concerned you could always ring the maternity unit for advice. If it was your waters they'll want to see you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.