Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2014: growing bumps and 20 week scans!!!

(992 Posts)
Owlysims Mon 03-Mar-14 15:52:32

New thread!!!

Rootvegetables Mon 03-Mar-14 19:44:33

Hello all, I thought I had movement about 2 weeks ago but nothing since really, I heard 2 heartbeats at 16 week appointment though so know all is okay. My 20 week scan isn't until nearly 23 weeks which feels like an eternity away, 6 weeks to wait, maybe by then I will have decided to find out what they are, I'm not sure!

Plentyoffish Mon 03-Mar-14 19:56:23

rootvegetables- thats amazing you heard the heartbeat my midwife said I had to wait till 24 weeks boo! hmm

HungryHorace Mon 03-Mar-14 20:03:15

Plenty, my misery midwife said that too! :-(

Plentyoffish Mon 03-Mar-14 20:10:35

Hungry- what they like honestly?!

I don't have a lot of confidence in my midwife to be honest its hard to put my finger on exactly why but she has just returned from a year off on the sick. She skimmed through my notes and when I raised concerns about the bleeding and spotting Ive been experiencing she was really off hand with me and said "well you need to call in if it happens again"

so frustrating...

HungryHorace Mon 03-Mar-14 20:17:09

It's apparently NICE guidelines, but I listened at 16 weeks last time. Only 13 months ago!

I'm not sure I'm that keen on mine. She seemed keen to get rid of me. :-/

Plentyoffish Mon 03-Mar-14 20:28:29

oh well just one of those things I suppose.

Who is watching One Born tonight?

Secretlypregnant Mon 03-Mar-14 21:09:13

Hello everyone and welcome Pinkandwhite! Just marking my place - watching OBEM right now!

Owlysims Mon 03-Mar-14 21:10:15

Obem and a cup of decaf smile

Pinkandwhite Mon 03-Mar-14 21:15:51

Mssleepy - I know what you mean, it'll be so nice to be absolutely certain they're movements we're feeling. I've been using a Doppler for the past two weeks as well. I know I shouldn't really but I find it so reassuring.

Pinkandwhite Mon 03-Mar-14 21:17:55

Hungry - my midwife just seemed to want to get rid of me too!

I didn't know one born was on tonight. I'm turning it on now!

OBEM here- the elective section will be me (hopefully)

FriendofDorothy Mon 03-Mar-14 21:29:26

Checking in.

2beornot Mon 03-Mar-14 21:33:00

Evening ladies. First day on new job today and so far so good!

Yes please don't just stick to Facebook -I love chatting to everyone, just prefer to be a bit anonymous!

Plenty - we're scan date buddies!! Mine is 9.00am on the 19th (I'll be 21 weeks) and I can't wait. Fingers crossed it's all good!

I thought I felt fluttering ages ago but nothing since so obviously not! Didn't feel anything with dd until 21ish weeks so was hoping that I'd start feeling them soon.

Plentyoffish Mon 03-Mar-14 21:38:00

2be- oh really think my scan is half 1 in the afternoon looking forward to seeing baby again and hoping everything is ok too

Thatsnotmyfigure Mon 03-Mar-14 22:23:26

Thanks for the new thread Owly and hello again everyone!! Have had my 16 wk appt. the midwife tried to listen in on heartbeat but couldn't find it. I'd promised not to panic! Bump is growing so I know everything is fine tbh. My gorgeous 18 month old has turned into a fast running frustrated toddler overnight and is running rings round me so not much time to think about pregnancy. Have dug out my Natal Hypnotherapy Cd and borrowed the book so must make time for that. Would highly recommend as it kept me so calm last time up to and including birth. Midwife was also really good and didn't make an issue out of my age (42 nxt wk) which was really refreshing!

Secretlypregnant Mon 03-Mar-14 22:41:36

Glad you had a good m/w appointment, Thatsnotmyfigure! They do say it can be hard to hear the heartbeat this early. I have the CD too, but I don't think I used it enough last time - I didn't even think of it during labour! I am going to try to listen to it more this time, although with a 23-month-old racing around I don't know when!

Anyway, first of the scans tomorrow. Excited for Baggy and Nocheese - good luck! It'll be lovely to see how those babies have grown!

Hewhodares Mon 03-Mar-14 23:00:20

Hello I'm joining. 17 weeks with no 3 have two DD. This is my 8th pregnancy due to m/c.
Heard baby's heartbeat for the first time today and at last I'm feeling very excited but still cautious.
20 week scan on 10th April smile

mssleepyhead Tue 04-Mar-14 06:33:41

20 week scans already! Mine isn't until 9 April - long way to go yet.

First night's sleep with a pregnancy pillow here last night. Sooooo comfy and good for keeping me on my side. Only problem was getting up at 4am for the loo, and trying to get back into bed with it again. Legs everywhere! There must be an easier way...!

Plentyoffish Tue 04-Mar-14 08:34:48

hi hewho- welcome great news you heard the babies heartbeat grin

Might need to find my pregnancy pillow from last time, bump is starting to get bigger.

Good luck to those with scans today.

Secretlypregnant Tue 04-Mar-14 08:52:08

Welcome Hewhodares, and congratulations! Your scan date seems a long way off considering you're 17 weeks already - have they given you a reason why?

DuPainDuVinDuFromage Tue 04-Mar-14 09:16:54

Hi all, just joining the thread! Welcome to Pinkandwhite and Hewhodares smile

I had my 16 week appointment last week - it only took about 10 minutes so I'm looking forward to the 20 week scan which is only just over 2 weeks away! I've been feeling what I'm sure are movements for several weeks, but it's all gone quiet recently so of course I'm worrying even though I know I shouldn't...

I've never watched One Born Every Minute and I'm definitely not going to start now - I really don't want to watch the reality of giving birth any more than I have to! I'm sticking with Call the Midwife grin

Secretlypregnant Tue 04-Mar-14 09:33:20

I've never seen Call the Midwife - would you recommend it, then, DuPain?

I can't explain why, but I find watching OBEM quite comforting while pregnant!

flymo79 Tue 04-Mar-14 09:40:30

hi new people! this is exciting, the thread is ramping up again! I am jealous of your pillow mssleepy, got to get myself one! I currently just do the one between the knees but find getting up/moving around (swapping sides) SO annoying!

flymo79 Tue 04-Mar-14 09:43:47

I LOVE Obem, when I was off work sick I watched back to back on 4OD. I feel like forewarned is forearmed and I need to guzzle it down like a ravenous beast!

lucyfluff Tue 04-Mar-14 09:59:12

Morning ladies!! Thanks for the new thread owly...and welcome to the new ladies here, I recognise a few names!

I missed OBEM last night oops will have to catch up today smile

Had my 16week apt yesterday a bit early at 15+2 but it went well and I heard a nice strong heartbeat smile that's it now until the twenty week scan!!! My tummy has popped and I'm feeling teeny flutters and now sure it's bubba. It's def the earliest I've felt movement but they do say that's true the more you have!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now