Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2014 - the Maybies get even closer to Definitely!!

(970 Posts)
ClearlyMoo Mon 17-Feb-14 11:40:18

I've been brave and started a new thread. Hope the name is ok....

randdom Mon 17-Feb-14 11:45:25

Marking my place smile

bushprincess Mon 17-Feb-14 11:54:43

whoop, new thread! well done clearly!

MrsFooCough Mon 17-Feb-14 11:57:21

HELLO EVERYONE marking my place smile

NannyPlumForPM Mon 17-Feb-14 11:59:48

I'm here! ~waddles along~

ClearlyMoo Mon 17-Feb-14 12:01:49
dobedobedo Mon 17-Feb-14 12:04:15

HAI! grin Hello third trimester thread!

ClearlyMoo Mon 17-Feb-14 12:10:33

Currently getting kicked under my sternum. I don't think baby is even supposed to be up there yet, but MW said they can stretch out of their normal position! Feels funny!

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumEEEEK Mon 17-Feb-14 12:14:32

Checking in with my cucumber grin 30 weeks today! Its the final countdown doo doo doo doo!

Vikks Mon 17-Feb-14 12:18:49

Checking in with cake cake and more cake! x

Marking my place. Thanks again for the new thread Clearly.

Isean Mon 17-Feb-14 12:31:43

Marking my place! 30 weeks tomorrow! Eeks!

hobbjobb Mon 17-Feb-14 13:13:06

Hi everyone!

wm3010 Mon 17-Feb-14 13:59:14

Hi ladies, nice to see you all. Thanks for the new thread clearly!

Third trimester - there was a point when we all thought we would never make it this far!

AliOh Mon 17-Feb-14 13:59:23

Marking my place! Hey everyone!! Are we really in third trimester countdown already?! Feeling very unprepared shock

rebeccax2 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:06:36

Helllllooooooo lovely Maybe's.

Has time just ground to a halt, or is it just me?

27 weeks today.

loopylou52 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:11:08

hi everyone and thanks for the new thread! I'm just back from having my whooping cough vaccine. Was absolutely fine, though I felt pretty sick and whoozy beforehand, I think just cos of nerves - when will I grow up and stop being a wimp?!

Also have physio later on but feeling lucky that my pgp is very manageable as it sounds like some of you are having an awful time with it.

Re outerwear, my plan was to get a couple of cardigans but struggling a bit to find good neutral ones (as we're team yellow).

Just had a call from my midwife who said my blood results show I'm anemic and have been prescribed iron tablets. Am I right in remembering from this thread that they can give you constipation?

She said my levels were really quite low and at that level I might not be eligible for the low risk midwife led birthing centre I'm planning to go to, so hopefully the tablets will do what they need to as well as me upping my intake of leafy green veg and I'll be fine by the time they are retested at 36 weeks.

SicknSpan Mon 17-Feb-14 14:11:42

Marking place! Thanks clearly brew

AppleCrumble1 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:14:26

Hello everyone & thanks for the thread Clearly

27 weeks today too Rebecca smile
Just had my appt through for physio at the hospital for my pelvic pain - fingers crossed it helps as hardly slept last night as so uncomfortable & painful! Hoping yoga tonight relaxes me!!

Hugs to all x

SicknSpan Mon 17-Feb-14 14:16:08

impatiently yes they can cause a bit of bunged-upness. I had them after ds2 as id haemorrhage and I was terrified of getting constipated because of my stitches. I found that drinking fresh orange juice helped- and as vitamin c helps your body absorb iron it's a double bonus.

Did wonders for my iron levels though so fingers crossed yours will be back to normal soon and you'll be able to have the birthing centre option.

ClearlyMoo Mon 17-Feb-14 14:26:49

Impatiently I started on iron tablets this week... I was borderline anaemic but levels dropping so MW got doctor to prescribe tablets. They make your poos BLACK! That's been the biggest thing. I'm back on the prune juice too, but precautionary rather than necessary. I'm taking 2 x 210mg Fumangate tablets with OJ/day although doctor prescribed three so I might work up to three but wanted to check how my tummy was doing first... I have a thread about it here if you're interested www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/1998492-Iron-tablets though some people are being quite harsh about me not going back to doctor straightaway. They obviously don't realise how hard it is to get an appointment and time off work etc etc.

Isean Mon 17-Feb-14 14:36:01

impatiently I'm on iron tablets too and can't take much fruit juice because I am suffering with heartburn and acid reflux and the fruit juice aggravates it, so I recommend lactulose. You can buy it over the counter at the pharmacy and it has definitely helped me. That and a small glass of prune juice daily. The black poos are definitely a bit disconcerting at first!

Thanks for the info everyone.

Clearly the link someone gave on your thread about Spatone looked interesting, seems to have much fewer side effects, although it's a shame the iron tablets are free on prescription, and the spatone will cost me £17 for a 6 week supply even using the 3 for 2 offer at boots.

Might see how the iron tablets go and upgrade to spatone if the side effects are too unpleasant.

ClearlyMoo Mon 17-Feb-14 15:06:58

Yeah a few people have mentioned spatone to me, you can get it on Amazon apparently too (might be cheaper) shame it's not prescribable....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now