Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2014 Thread 17 - and the final babies will be here any day now!

(1000 Posts)
Frizz1986 Sun 02-Feb-14 23:24:00

Thought i would start up the last thread before we move over to postnatal thread.

TobyLerone Sun 02-Feb-14 23:36:30

Nice one smile

AnotherStitchInTime Sun 02-Feb-14 23:42:11

Checking in after a stressful day.

My teenage dniece ran away from home in the night last night. Luckily she has just been found. Just a reminder of the stress yet to come in our journey as parents.

MrsVDB Sun 02-Feb-14 23:51:05

Shotgun first baby of the thread!!

AnotherStitchInTime Sun 02-Feb-14 23:59:24

Wow MrsV, that was quick, congratulations smile

I'm in.
Thanks for all the support ladies. Discharged from mw care yesterday, and not to sound too utterly pathetic, but would do anything not to have to go back to that hospital. Since I feel okay, no shivers or temperature, and will call GPs at 8am for emergency appt, I'm going to risk leaving it until then.

You are all lovely, and thank you. Will no doubt regale you all with revolting tales when I've seen GP.

MrsV good luck!
merry congrats!

Can't remember anything else, sorry. Lots of hugs and brew all round. Superb owl is currently distracting me, as is a very wriggly baby who wishes to breast feed with one fist in her gob.

anothet oh god how bloody awful. Have they found her? How old is she? Thinking of you.

MrsVDB Mon 03-Feb-14 00:07:29

I wish another still going or not as the case may be here... Just hoping ill be first to pop

Sorry, just read your post fully blush
So glad she's found, but how stressful. You poor love.

TobyLerone Mon 03-Feb-14 00:09:26

No shivers or temperature is a good sign, but the second you feel unwell you need to see someone, even if it's the middle of the night. Which it is. God, I'm tired!

I might try taking Meredith up to bed now. She seems to have fallen asleep on my shoulder. I hope she doesn't wake up when we get into bed. If she wakes DH, the last 3 hours of pacing and cluster feeding will be for nothing.

TobyLerone Mon 03-Feb-14 00:10:16

Ugh, another, how awful. Poor girl sad

Felix90 Mon 03-Feb-14 00:31:17

Humpty that sounds truly awful. I hope the GP can refer you too whoever you need to see as soon as poss!

I've just gone to bed with Sylvie and it looks like she will be sleeping on my chest for the third night running.

Felix90 Mon 03-Feb-14 00:43:08

Pressed send too soon! She has been really unsettled still and hardly sleeping at all. When she does fall asleep she will randomly wake up screaming confused I think she's still constipated and its awful. She was a really good sleeper before and it feels like we are taking a step backwards.

Frizz1986 Mon 03-Feb-14 00:48:17

Oh no another the joys to come. Glad she has been found safe.

humpty you best call someone if things get worse.

toby hope she stayed asleep!

felix we had a night like that on friday and i said it felt like we had taken a step back (and aurelia wasnt a particularly good sleeper to start with) but since then we has a brill night last night so things will pick up.

Felix90 Mon 03-Feb-14 00:51:57

I know frizz I just need to try and remember it will get better! She's been crying on and off all day and I can't do anything to help her sad got the health visitor tomorrow so hopefully she can recommend something for the constipation as I've tried everything!

felix obvious, but we did cooled boiled water for constipation: given in a bottle, served warm. She pooed while drinking it. Then more poo. Then more and more and MORE.
Warm baths also meant to help, as is a spoonful of orange or prune juice (neat or diluted, have heard both, not tried either so cannot vouch). It's misery, the poor things.

toby ouch! Hope Meredith behaves after this. You have done epically well coping with three hours, she needs to let you have a rest now.

Will call into labour ward if I get symptoms overnight.

Felix90 Mon 03-Feb-14 01:23:09

Humpty I've tried all of those but none work. Also tried massaging her tummy and half a tsp of brown sugar in the water. She is pooing every so often (once or twice a day) but she struggles all day until she can finally do it. I feel really helpless about it all hmm

flyawayblue Mon 03-Feb-14 01:27:56

Trying to catch up on the last thread and this one while Alice sleeps on me. It's the only place she will go down tonight after small feeds. I'm nackered and dh has been lovely and is now asleep to take over later.

Good luck mrsv hope things progress well for you.

humpty that sounds really painful, please go to a&e if it does get worse. Would you be able to go to a different hospital if you can't face going back to the scene of the crime? Not sure I could yet!

Sadly I'm also in problems with bf corner, really annoyed that the hospital told me the latch was good as it's compleat crap and she only takes the nipple in. So much pain. Had the community mw out on Saturday and she wasn't great and just said to not ff and try and get to a cafe. Okay writing that out she sounds lovely but I've been feeling so crap that the idea of seeing real people is daughting. I will either cry on them or act like everything is fine when it's not.

sunshine the tongue tie clinic sounds really successful and I'm glad it has made such a difference. Go healed nipples! 

When you say kings could I ask if you mean kch and if you do would you be able to send me the details? Just Alice was diagnosed with tongue tie by the kch midwives but so much else going on nothing was done. 

Never watched the suoernbowl but might need to start...

Frizz1986 Mon 03-Feb-14 04:08:03

Silly question, but how do you know if babies are constipated? Will their poop get more solid? Just wondering what to look out for as aurelia has now started to poop a bit less (maybe 3 or so times a day instead of 7 or 8) I know they get to a point when they poop a bit less so am not worried, but want to know what to look out for.

Frizz1986 Mon 03-Feb-14 04:11:15

fly sorry about the bf. I understand things being daunting, i am only just properly venturing out at almost 6 weeks pp.
If you cant go to a help group or anything, is it worth calling one of the helplines, or watching some youtube videos to get some tips?

Pidgy Mon 03-Feb-14 04:59:37

fly sorry it's proving difficult. Don't be afraid to take her off as many times as you need until the latch is good. I've found the latch can be good but then DD slips and it hurts so I quickly take her off. Cue crying as ive interrupted her feed but it only took a few poor feeds at the start to get cracked nipples and this is my second child so I stupidly thought it would be easy.
Now the latch is ok tho I have no pain and all is healed. Took about a week this time to get to this stage but longer first time round I recall

Are you using lansinoh? Put it on every time. Really helped me.

Can you call Nct breastfeeding number for advise?

0300 330 0700

Open all hours I believe. Might be able to help in the mean time. And don't worry about crying down the phone to them. I did exactly the same with my first and they were lovely.

humpty please get yourself seen ASAP! Lower stomach pain was the sign I had an infected uterus. I did gave a v high temp too tho. Felt like start of labour all over again. Antibiotics have sorted me out tho.
I know someone else whose episiotomy scar came undone and infected so I think it's more common than we're led to believe. She did need to go back in to hospital so last of me thinks go straight there? Or ring 111 and they can get you seen ASAP if your doctor has a waiting list.

Hope things are progressing for mrsv.

Just marking my place.

so tired. Henry has a cold so was up all night more or less, Ds1 woke up at 5.30, and i have a dicky tummy.

sigh

Felix90 Mon 03-Feb-14 08:47:08

Fly I had the exact same problem and struggled for 4 weeks after midwives at hospital, another MW and HV all said latch was ok. I second calling NCT as the lady I saw was fab.

Frizz I think it's normal for their poo to change but the only way I know she's constipated is because she will make noises like she's struggling to push and she goes red confused

Felix90 Mon 03-Feb-14 08:49:20

Ugh frying take it easy if you can today!

BookTart Mon 03-Feb-14 08:49:51

How are you doing today humpty?

This thread is not accepting new messages.