Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2014 - The thread fillers are also powering through their scans

(1000 Posts)
BunnyBaby Sat 01-Feb-14 13:11:30

How fast do we get through these threads?

Secretlypregnant Wed 19-Feb-14 11:04:50

Oh Jess, brilliant news! Congratulations! That's what my nuchal was too - totally normal. smile

ItsSoFluffyImGonnaDie Wed 19-Feb-14 11:16:57

That's great news Jess! Nuchal is well within ok limits so all good smile

Can't believe the rudeness of some of your colleagues! I have one in my office who I'm just waiting for her to say something, she just can't help herself. I dare say it might be tomorrow, been off ill since Friday and I just have a feeling she'll make some mardy comment. Grrr.

mssleepyhead Wed 19-Feb-14 11:41:19

Congratulations Jess : ) is that all our 12 scans done then? Yey us!

Yesterday I felt a poorly, and today I just can't stop eating. Had an uncontrollable craving for ready salted square crisps... They aren't easy to find! Had to go to 4 shops before I found some in M&S. ashamed to say I've nearly just eaten a whole big bag. I guess maybe my body needed salt?!

DuPainDuVinDuFromage Wed 19-Feb-14 11:43:44

Brilliant news Jess!

Some people are so rude aren't they? When I was pregnant with DD, one girl in our office (about the same age as me, but adamant she is never having children) was pretty rude about her having to take on more work because I was going on an extended holiday hmm - this time she said all the right things! She is generally very nice so maybe she did feel bad about what she said last time - or maybe I took it a bit too personally (was probably feeling emotional at the time, you know how it is!).

My weepiness has finally kicked in - I was just angry before! I've cried at several random things over the last few days, the most recent being Vanessa Mae saying how lovely it was to hear people cheering for her as she came down the giant slalom run, and what a privilege it was to ski for her country. I'm actually welling up again as I write that!! Honestly, it's ridiculous!

Other exciting stuff: we've bought a moses basket from a friend (we gave away the one we had last time because it was really old and falling apart) and are going to look at a second-hand crib tonight as well! And I have a consultant appointment in the morning (I'm under joint consultant/midwife care as I had a c-section last time) so I'll get to talk about babies again! I wonder if I'll get a scan as well? Prob not I suppose, I only had my 12 week scan a few weeks ago.

Secretlypregnant Wed 19-Feb-14 11:55:46

Not quite all the scans, mssleepyhead - theonlyseven has hers today I think. (We've got a list on the Facebook site - I am not just holding the info in my mind!)

Jenbee1 Wed 19-Feb-14 14:25:52

Semi permanent headache for about the last week. Comes and goes but wish it would just bog off!
Just about avoided a meltdown last night. Dh is reading the chimp paradox and is putting all my moods down to the inner chimp, not the baby on board, and he said it once too often. Closely followed by finding out my dad has been telling people when I specifically told him not too. Argh.
Almost in tears over the metro this morning. Why is the news so bad?
Just spoke to the mw and I won't get the downs results until the 16 week appointment. How annoying.

flymo79 Wed 19-Feb-14 14:33:25

my colleagues are generally being quite nice to me, but as we are going through a re-structure that is bound to change.... ahem. Especially if they feel I am in any way "priveleged" by my situation. urgh. Generally I would just much rather be tucked up at home in front of the telly all day watching House of Cards and scoffing salty snacks!!

NameToBeDecided Wed 19-Feb-14 16:27:02

Just got back from 16 week check and.all looks good. Heard baby's heartbeat which was really exciting. I couldn't believe how many different noises we could hear tho. She kept saying no that's yours, no that's the cord, no placenta, ah that was a kick!! Then finally ah, there it is nice and strong. It was 150, is that meant to be boy or girl?

who can I pm for Facebook please? I think I finally feel brave enough to join you there!

Me too, just back from consultant. Booked in for CS 1st August :-))) and heard heartbeat etc. brilliant

mssleepyhead Wed 19-Feb-14 16:48:07

Just had a lovely lunch with my sister, who's due in May. I wish I was her right now, I'd give anything to feel baby moving so I know things are ok...

Tomorrow I'm seeing one of my close friends to tell her. The difficult thing is that she's had 4 miscarriages in 18 months. I don't know how to do it... : (

flymo79 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:59:36

oh, mssleepy, that's hard. I'm sure she will be happy for you, and I'm sure you will find the right way to say it.

NameToBeDecided Wed 19-Feb-14 17:02:30

Oh mssleepy it is difficult, I've been on both sides and I know I preferred being told outright. I think the best way is to just come out with it without beating around the bush. She'll probably be sad for herself, there's no way round that, but I'm sure she'll be happy for you. Good luck. X

Owlysims Wed 19-Feb-14 17:07:48

Mssleepy only you know your friend well enough to know how best to approach it, some people prefer a text first so they can prepare their 'happy' face I know that sounds awful but sometimes it can be so hard for some people, good luck thanksthanksthanks

mssleepyhead Wed 19-Feb-14 17:31:37

thank you everyone. i can see the benefit of texting ahead, but i don't think it's right for her. to be honest, i don't know if anything will be, but it just has to be done. i will definitely try to be upfront and honest and just get it out of the way, and i'll completely understand if she wants to leave.

i'm finding telling people harder than i thought i would, really. i think i've kept it to myself for so long that telling others feels very scary. i still don't feel very pregnant. what if it all goes wrong...? i'm more anxious now than i have been in weeks!

weeza13 Wed 19-Feb-14 17:41:13

Mssleepyhead, I too felt anxious in case things go wrong, still do in fact but week by week I feel more confident. The first scan really helped then what seemed like yonks until today to hear heart beat and get results from bloods, down test etc. I also found myself feeling quite embarrased telling people as if I were making a big deal out of being pregnant when I work with 20 or so women so it happens a lot. Now I have bump starting to show its easier. Sorry about your friend, I am sure that if you have been there to support her then she will support you too.

PinaColadas Wed 19-Feb-14 18:02:54

It's really hard, I know after my MC I found news of babies hard, but it was never anything to do with the person who was pregnant, just my own resentment really. I think you're doing it the right way, just be as open as you can and then give her a text later on once you've seen her so she knows you're there. Good luck x

HungryHorace Wed 19-Feb-14 18:45:33

Ooh, Travis. How exciting to have a date! I don't see a consultant until after my 20 week scan at some point, so won't get a date for a while. I reckon I'll be the day before you, as that's when I'm 39 weeks.

I need to change my scan to a different hospital though. Do you think I should call the midwives or the scanning department to alter it?

I still get concerned too. It's natural. Pregnancy = worry. Nobody warns you of that before you have kids!

I'm just waiting to have another bleed as I was told I probably would this time after last time. Maybe I'll be lucky and won't though. Fingers crossed!

Mssleepyhead, good luck telling your friend. I can imagine how hard it is for you.

PM me for Facebook if you haven't sorted it, by the way. :-)

I was given the choice of 30july or 1st August and was umming and ahhing. Then the student dr pointed out that the July date was Wednesday child whereas the Friday child (loving and giving) was the August. So that decided that one- terribly scientific :-)

sillymeagain Wed 19-Feb-14 19:24:28

Travis...how lovely to know your date already. ...I asked but was told I need to wait will my 36 week appt before I get my dat

HungryHorace Wed 19-Feb-14 19:41:28

That's funny, Travis! I'd have just gone for the earlier one :-)

Silly, I hope I find out before then. A friend has had her date a while, definitely before 36 weeks, so fingers crossed I will get mine earlier than that too!

Also I would have been thrown off this thread as a July birth!!!

PinaColadas Wed 19-Feb-14 20:27:20

Do you only see a consultant for ELC? No ones mentioned it to me just wondering. Travis so we are defo due date buddies except you're definately having it that date. It's a great birthday date smile

No mine was as result of complicated previous birth. I actually broke down when the consultant mentioned it.

HungryHorace Wed 19-Feb-14 20:55:53

Travis, I'm like that when I think about DD's birth, so I can empathise with you. * hugs *

I think I'll cry to my consultant too. I imagine they're probably used to it though!

We don't evict July babies...stands to reason some will be born then!

2beornot Wed 19-Feb-14 21:55:22

Thank goodness for not evicting July babies!!! I'm. I'm not going anywhere.

Travis - is it weird knowing your babies birth date already (well as much as you can anyway!).

Glad it's been all good news on here at the moment - keeps me positive when I need it!!

I've got so much to do before baby arrives - really need to sort out the dumping ground that will become the nursery and get all if dd's old stuff from the loft. Don't think we have too much to buy though which is good (means I get to indulge a bit without DH getting too hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.