Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2014 - The thread fillers are also powering through their scans

(1000 Posts)
BunnyBaby Sat 01-Feb-14 13:11:30

How fast do we get through these threads?

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 18:56:51

Not at all saying not having test isn't a good idea (that's a personal choice!) just that my choice changed once I had this info and I was annoyed that midwife doesn't make this obvious?!

FriendofDorothy Sat 01-Feb-14 19:04:37

I won't be having nuchal screening either.

My 13 months old son has got chicken pox. I phoned my GP to check out that there was nothing I should be too worried about but as I have had it before they told me not to worry.

Ruggle Sat 01-Feb-14 19:10:49

I didn't have it. The info that they gave me at the scan didn't mention anything other than Downs but even if it had mentioned other issues I still would have refused.

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 19:25:31

As I say not trying to change people's views just think link is worth a read thanks

My friends sister had refused the ns. And triple test but found out major anomalies at 20 wk scan. She chose a termination at 21 weeks as the baby's condition was deemed incompatible with life. Heartbreaking especially as she is 24 and it was her first. Not that it would necessarily have been picked up at 12 weeks if she had had all the tests.

londonchick Sat 01-Feb-14 19:45:47

Hi! Glad everyone is well. I'm 12w 4d now. Scan on Monday morning. Excited and terrified at the same time!! Sickness is much better now but still nauseous and not eating much.

My stomach looks huge already! Lower stomach. It's only my 1st so I find the size a bit disconcerting!! I only have 1 pair of trousers that fit me now! I'm a size 10 normally and have eaten about half my normal amount for about 6 weeks now due to sickness! Glad I won't be hiding it much longer!!

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 19:46:17

Travis I think that's what this thread is getting at, so sad

Couldn't read your link owly. Can you try again?

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 20:15:30

I can't do a clicky link as I'm on an I phone... Can someone copy and paste it to a clicky link??

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 20:17:26
Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 20:17:49

Oh I did it!! Get me smile

Yay thanks

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 20:30:06

You're welcome! Hope I haven't annoyed anyone posting the link! Not meaning to worry anyone! Just changed my mind so thought I'd post it in just case anyone wanted to see it! Pre warning some bad stories on there which I skipped over just read info! smile

Tc80 Sat 01-Feb-14 20:39:32

Hi ladies I bought 2 pairs of under bump jeans/jeggings from blooming marvellous at mothercare - 20 quid each and the black pair are trouser like enough to wear to work. Also I am a definite short leg person and these are skinny enough to turn under, just in case people are looking. It's such a relief to be out of restrictive jeans even though they are a bit big at the mo.

Thatsnotmyfigure Sat 01-Feb-14 21:55:59

Owly have you read the one of the mumsnet Blog of the Day's today about a lady with Downs dd?? Amazing piece of writing I think you'd like it. Have asked Dh to read it as he is v closed re Downs baby and we are having screening done. It made me cry actually.

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 22:28:18

I shall have a look! I totally didn't want test because it wouldn't change anything if baby had downs and dh feels the same but I the life incompatible issues are obviously different and I can't believe they don't tell you the tests also finds them? Unless the thread is wrong? Correct me if it is!!

Secretlypregnant Sat 01-Feb-14 23:21:25

Yes, it gives your chances of the baby having two or three of the rarer issues as well as downs. You get them all on the print out afterwards.

As a pp said, the harmony test I did also checks for various problems. I'm awaiting results at the moment although I already feel more confident after the scan they did.

Hope everyone has had a good Saturday. Tonight my mum babysat and I went out with dh to celebrate five years since we met. Gorgeous Asian food, I stuffed my face and now my belly has popped right out. Normal leggings became very uncomfortable around the waist, so I will be shopping for some under bump ones tomorrow! If I can find any...

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 23:25:47

Thanks secretly for explaining! Silly midwife/booklet they gave me didn't tell me any of that! Good job I have you guys! Glad you're feeling confident! I'm sure all is fine!

New look does under and over bump leggings online if that helps. I know over bump ones are good not tried under smile

Secretlypregnant Sun 02-Feb-14 06:41:37

Thanks, I will have a look. I know from last time I couldn't stand over bump things so it'll have to be under for me.

Dd awoke at half five with a blocked up nose. Remember lazy Sunday mornings?! smile

lucyfluff Sun 02-Feb-14 06:58:13

Secretly...Next do under bump leggings smile

I was up at 6.30 not too bad for a Sunday. I find it hard to lay in nowadays my body clock has adjusted to no sleep lol!!!

Rootvegetables Sun 02-Feb-14 10:15:01

Hello all, I've been lurking for a while so thought I'd pop in, I found out at 10.5 weeks I'm expecting twins in August which was a bit of a surprise! But I'm really worried about them as I seem to be loosing my sickness and bloating a bit, I'm just over 12 weeks and having a scan on Tuesday, no bleeding or cramps but just worried, are others beginning to feel a bit better? I've been so unwell with sickness waking up today just hungry having eaten my first full meal in 10weeks last night is a bit disconcerting. They both were wiggling with heartbeats at 10.5 weeks, can you all reassure me please! Congratulations to you all on happy healthy scans and to make you all feel better I was wearing maternity jeans at 6 weeks!!

ClarissaG Sun 02-Feb-14 10:19:24

Hello all, some advice / reassurance please.......
I woke up last night with that dull aching period type pain, and still hasn't gone away this morning. No blood or anything but really worried. I know it is normal in the very early stages as the cells / foetus implants to the wall of the womb, but I am now 12+2. I have a horrible feeling something bad is going to happen. I've not had my scan yet (it's tomorrow, thank goodness) so no idea if everything is ok. I know I will just have to wait until tomorrow, but I am so emotionally exhausted with worrying about things and seem to constantly be in tears also.

Completely irrationally also, I was at a dinner party last night where lots of people were smoking around me. No one knows about the pregnancy and I couldn't say anything but it really worried me. i know babeis and bodies are far more resilient than that, but argggh

Secretlypregnant Sun 02-Feb-14 10:29:19

Welcome, Root! I should think you're just experiencing what a lot of us are - the easing off of symptoms as we pass out of the first trimester. I'm sure your scan will reassure you too. And congratulations! Are the twins going to be your first?

Clarissa, I believe that aching can be connected with your muscles and insides adjusting to make room. You have a wriggly person inside getting bigger every day. Bound to be making you feel things you haven't felt before. It's great that your scan us tomorrow as that is the only thing that will really reassure you. What time is it? Get some rest today and I'm sure it'll be good news tomorrow. X

Secretlypregnant Sun 02-Feb-14 10:30:07

*is

Rootvegetables Sun 02-Feb-14 10:35:53

Thanks secretly, and Clarissa it must be a morning for worrying, being pregnant is such an emotional time! I actually have a two year old aswell so if all goes smoothly I'm in for a very busy few years! I think I was less sick last time so maybe I'm just noticing the lack of sickness more obviously, it would be lovely to think that all is well and I get to not be sick!

This thread is not accepting new messages.