Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Does anyone else want a thread with no lol's, hubs or bubz?

(17 Posts)
GingerRodgers Thu 30-Jan-14 14:16:09

Or am I just a mardy git?

Loved the idea of mn, straight to the point advice and chat (with cake) and was quite looking forward to joining an anti natal thread only it's all bloody 'Hun' 'lol' 'hubs/bubs' hmm

I know I can't ban them from the site but surely there's somewhere else nethuns they can go to talk like that?
I'm all for a bit of a hand hold especially when things go tits up but I just want somewhere to moan that doesn't make me feel like puking again.

Cat just be me can it?

GingerRodgers Thu 30-Jan-14 14:16:37

*can't

learn to spellcheck before posting ginger

mel0dy Tue 04-Feb-14 23:36:39

I'm in!

GingerRodgers Wed 05-Feb-14 20:26:46

Ooh, hello!

So I figured we could just have moan and bitch about how crap we feel?
Obviously all good news is welcomed wink but no getting sloppy about 'beanz' or 'bubz' confused

Fancy a brew?

mel0dy Thu 06-Feb-14 22:32:43

I've had my caffeine for the day (WHINGE!) So currently on a pint of water.

Tomorrow's the day we go public so will probly need this thread more by then to counteract the real life sloppiness! AM alternating between excited to surprise people and anxious/already pissed off at the inevitable "aaaaaaws" and stuff.

GingerRodgers Fri 07-Feb-14 07:50:32

We've told my parents so far. That's it. Lying through my teeth to every other bugger!
Need some inventive ideas as to why I'm not drinking for a big night out we've booked. Not doing the old antibiotics as that's beyond obvious. Want to get really creative with my excuse!
Hope telling everyone goes ok.

mel0dy Fri 07-Feb-14 09:19:30

Well we have chosen a friend each to tell so far and they helped with excuses for stuff. Have hermitted a bit really, which I tend to do in January anyway. Loads of people know I've given up smoking and have willfully ignored the fact I don't believe in NY resolutions. Other than driving or feeling a bit ill can't think of any good excuses for not drinking though!

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Fri 07-Feb-14 09:46:58

I've never seen anyone refer to their partner as "hubs" or the baby as 'bubz' on a MN antenatal thread... hmm

GingerRodgers Fri 07-Feb-14 12:13:32

There's been loads on the thread I was on moomin grin it was getting very fluffy and sickly sweet!

mel0dy Mon 10-Feb-14 19:13:34

Looks like there's only 2 of us wanting to actively avoid soppiness then!

At 14 weeks, I'm just waiting for this alleged rush of energy I'm supposed to get. Feeling a bit useless and trying not to get on my own nerves- how you doing, Ginger?

GingerRodgers Mon 10-Feb-14 19:36:34

So it does!
Feel like dog shit if I'm honest. Opened the bin earlier and promptly threw my guts up. I'm beyond tired and such a snappy cow.
Hate being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, we really want this baby but my god I'm crap at doing the growing 'em bit!

mel0dy Mon 10-Feb-14 21:03:16

I'm not hating it as such, just a bit bored and fed up of lack of choices.
EG I can't choose:
-not to feel shit
-not to be tired all the time, even if I sleep properly like a good girl
-to have several pints of ale
-to have a smoke
-what to have for dinner (cos it'll have to be whatever I can stomach)

Since OH is out I've decided I'm not irritated enough so have chosen this evening to teach the cat we won't always let him in the front room when he wants. Cats are supposed to be clever FFS but he's not getting the message. MIAOU!

GingerRodgers Mon 10-Feb-14 21:06:37

I'm too sick to want to drink and smoke but by god I'm missing stuffing my face. Loved doing that.
Also, managed to wet myself a bit earlier when vomming. hmm
Was pretty sure things were alright down there but obviously not.

mel0dy Mon 10-Feb-14 22:07:20

I didn't assume anything wrong when I wet myself the other week - was clearly the violence of the vomming (plus sod's law cos I was running late)

GingerRodgers Tue 11-Feb-14 08:20:06

Thank Christ it's not just me!
To be fair i did need a wee and it was a pretty violent vom. Took me by surprise I think.
Lots of stuff about being pregnant no one ever tells you do they?

mel0dy Wed 12-Feb-14 22:22:44

Well nobody warned me about how annoying it is to be asked "So how are you feeling?" every time I bump in to someone who "knows" and isn't a close (and therefore sane) friend! I'm pregnant not sick FFS, and I feel like shit but I'm not going to tell you that cos you'll reply with more drivel! Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh!

Stclements Sat 22-Feb-14 22:29:05

This is all (Forums and pregnancy) new to me but I'd like to join this thread, if I may? I'm out of my depth elsewhere as I don't know what the various mum's net acronyms and abbreviations mean... I think it's definitely best it stays this way, as I'm also a mardy cow and 'baby dust' and 'beans' turn my stomach. I'm 8 weeks or so pregnant and it's very much wanted. This said, I'm not keen on babies, at all, but everyone tells me it'll be different with my own. I'm finding I'm not suited to pregnancy. Mercifully, I don't have bad morning sickness etc, but can't imagine how anyone could enjoy being pregnant. Am staring down the barrel of a looooong 7 or so months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now