Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

RM OCTOBER 2014 thread - Today we are pregnant

(1000 Posts)
TinyTear Thu 30-Jan-14 11:09:26

Hi
This is a thread for people due in October with past miscarriage issues, so we don't scare the 'regular' October people and we don't annoy the RM thread with our pregnancy talk...

TinyTear MC May 2010, MC June 2010, MC November 2010, DD Jan 2012, MC October 2013 ADD 6th October

nearlyreadytopop Tue 18-Feb-14 13:39:00

tanny I'm so sorry, its just utterly shit.
goodluck for all the scans today and tomorrow. This afternoon is not going quickly enough for me.

fedupofrainydays Tue 18-Feb-14 13:43:32

Sitting in the car park waiting for my appointment at 2. Sick with nerves. By my dates I'm 6 weeks (short cycles) but by NHS I'm 5 + 5. So I'm nervous with what will see. To be honest it will be a relief if there is something there in right place. I know it's normal to not to see a heart beat at this stage too.

Hope the wait isn't too long..... Appointments never run on time here... Eeek.

Good luck tayto

TaytoCrisp Tue 18-Feb-14 14:50:29

Ah, such a relief. Scan showed a little heartbeat measuring 7+4. Still a long way to go though. But Pleased right now.

fedup hope it's going ok. And don't worry if they can't see the heartbeat at such an early stage. As you say the focus will be on position for this scan.

Just in car, must catch up with how people are doing properly later.

mum2kiss Tue 18-Feb-14 15:04:37

Hey all smile

I sorry to hear that tanny sad

Glad to hear todays scans have gone ok.

I now have a permanent sour taste In the back of my mouth so I have a steady stream of butter mints on hand! I am also burping all. Day. Long!! So annoying! I guess I should be glad that im not puking!

Took dd to kids cinema this morning and said she could have a happy meal after. I decided on a double cheeseburger meal...ooooh the heaven!!!! I totally thought it would make.me heave but no it was oh so good!!! Im salivating now just at the thought! The gherkin, onions, ketchup!...fries....oh I need more!

fedupofrainydays Tue 18-Feb-14 15:29:02

What a relief here too. All in right place and flicker of a heart beat too. Cried with relief. Although there is still a long way to go it beats my fears of there being nothing there... Doctor said I'm about 5 + 6 so about what I thought.

Great news tayto

TinyTear Tue 18-Feb-14 15:33:12

Happy for you tayto and fedup

we can have a couple of days of elations, before two more weeks of worry...

when are you having follow up scans?

SweetPeaPods Tue 18-Feb-14 17:14:26

Fedup & Tayto glad your scans went well. I've got everything crossed for mine 2mrw. Should be 6+3 going by my LMP so we'll see.

TheBuggerlugs Tue 18-Feb-14 17:24:46

Congratulations on the good scans Rainydays & Tayto. Mine is next Friday and I'll also be 6+3. To say I'm nervous is probably an understatement. I'm sticking to the 'head in sand' approach at the moment and it seems to be working quite well.

Is anyone else on fragmin and aspirin?

Tumtimes1 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:25:21

Thats brilliant fedup and Tayto so pleased for you both.

Really sorry to hear that things arent looking good Tanny. I'm thinking of you.

In my camp, I should be 10 weeks today. Woke up to yet ANOTHER migraine today with aura. This is now my 4th. I am getting very stressed out with this especially as it is causing issues with me going into work. I went to the doctors today and he thinks that these migraines will not let off for the first trimester so has signed me off for the next two weeks.
Work were surprisingly ok about it, I was so worried. My friend who works in HR says as long as you are signed off and your pregnant there isn't much work can do.
Other than that I keep worrying about the next scan (which isn't until the 3rd) especially with the migraine thing. Plus my sickness seems to have gone away now, is this normal? And I still seem to have stretching pain? Its not actual pain, more of an ache. Plus I am still constipated majorly.

Ugh when will i be able to relax???

JBrd Tue 18-Feb-14 17:26:49

Buggerlugs I am on fragmin, aspirin and progesterone. Really hoping that it will all make a difference, although to be fair, the only 'new' thing this time is the progesterone...

Tumtimes1 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:33:22

buggerlugs I'm on clexane and aspirin, progesterone and steroids x

TheBuggerlugs Tue 18-Feb-14 17:43:09

Were you given any advice about when to take the fragmin and aspirin? I haven't been and take both at night....I've started worrying that I should be taking them 12 hours apart or something. I'm also on the delightful progesterone aka fanny bullets as this is an IVF pregnacny.

juniorcakeoff Tue 18-Feb-14 17:46:16

Fragmin and aspirin and 9 trillion grammes folate here, was on clexane and aspirin but think its the same thing!
Congratulationson successful scans and so so sorry Tanny

JBrd Tue 18-Feb-14 19:00:27

No, I wasn't told when to take what. I've just fallen into doing the fragmin in the morning and the aspirin at night with the folic acid. I don't think that it should make too much of a difference, due to the different administration routes.
I switched to doing the progesterone as suppositories, as I'm worrying they might be causing the spotting...

TheBuggerlugs Tue 18-Feb-14 19:03:57

Good idea. I started off using them like that but switched to vaginal after a couple of days as I was so constipated from the tablets I was on to stop OHSS. I'm terrified of spotting so might alternate where I shove em.

squizita Tue 18-Feb-14 19:11:41

sad Oh no, Tanny, so sorry to hear it looks bad.

Glad to hear scans went well tayto and Fedup.

My scan also went well: measuring 10+2 (I'm 10+2!), placenta etc' forming normally and the all important heartbeat. Got seen by the nurse, not the consultant as it transpires I am to be handed over to ante-natal from RMC. Big step. Eeek!

We went to GBK after. I did the annoying pregnant woman thing and asked the hapless teen at the counter "I take it your blue cheese sauce is pasteurised" he was like "Erm it comes in a big catering jar so I think so!". grin

TaytoCrisp Tue 18-Feb-14 20:30:32

Very Good news squiz - sounds like everything is progressing nicely.

Great news fedup too - nice to see a heartbeat! Momentary relief at least.

tum those migraines sound terribly severe - u poor thing. Good to have the drs letter, and hope it eases soon.

Another one on fragmin here buggerlugs, and I'm not sure whether I should be on aspirin or not! Had both last time. Local consultant recommends aspirin and heparin but st Mary's seem to decide on aspirin depending on the teg test result..and I haven't had that yet. So I don't know.. Hmmm..maybe I should ask again.. In any case I just take the heparin in the morning to have it done with. Dont think it matters.

tanny thinking of u.

fedupofrainydays Tue 18-Feb-14 20:45:12

Does anyone get sore after a date with the willy-cam? I'm feeling sore down there and it's got me all worried, but want to put it down to having a dildo like instrument shoved up me?

tum glad to hear work are being understanding and think a good thing you have been signed off. Hope they get better soon though as sounds really horrible.

Glad scan was good too squiz

nearlyreadytopop Tue 18-Feb-14 21:05:15

Big sigh of relief, all well at my scan. Measuring 12 weeks, feeling pretty happy but I'm wondering how long it will lastsmile

TaytoCrisp Tue 18-Feb-14 21:24:21

It's terribly uncomfortable fedup. I was like a balloon today to avoid it; the sonographer praised me for my extremely full bladder! Its the only way after the last willy-cam experience!

Great news nearly, let's try and eek a few days of tempered relief out of this! wink

Millysdream Wed 19-Feb-14 06:15:44

Lots of good news today ladies. Pleased for everyone with a positive scan. Have a few relaxing days before you start the countdown till your next scan. Mine is 1 week today then hopefully will be 12w4d. I am surprisingly calm at the moment. Think the last scan has helped me more than I thought it would. Not obsessing about lack of symptoms anymore either as just not had many throughout.

tanny sending you hugs x

fedupofrainydays Wed 19-Feb-14 06:36:31

tayto I'm told to wee before the scan so no chances of that! Fortunately the pain has stopped now.

tanny how are you doing? Please still talk to us here, and feel free to rant as we all know how fucking shit it is. Am thinking of you

TinyTear Wed 19-Feb-14 08:35:24

I was also told to wee, but i prefer the dildocam as i have too much padding and would be worried they couldn't see much externally

SweetPeaPods Wed 19-Feb-14 18:11:23

All good at today's scan, little flickering hb smile

fedupofrainydays Wed 19-Feb-14 18:51:38

Yay sweet great news!

This thread is not accepting new messages.