Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

RM OCTOBER 2014 thread - Today we are pregnant

(1000 Posts)
TinyTear Thu 30-Jan-14 11:09:26

Hi
This is a thread for people due in October with past miscarriage issues, so we don't scare the 'regular' October people and we don't annoy the RM thread with our pregnancy talk...

TinyTear MC May 2010, MC June 2010, MC November 2010, DD Jan 2012, MC October 2013 ADD 6th October

JBrd Thu 30-Jan-14 11:15:43

<<marking my place>> Hello Tiny <<waves>>

TinyTear MC May 2010, MC June 2010, MC November 2010, DD Jan 2012, MC October 2013 ADD 6th October
JBrd, DS May 2011, MC Jan 2013, MC April 2013, MC August 2013. ADD 3rd October

tannyLoo Thu 30-Jan-14 11:16:32

tannyLoo - 41, 2 DSs, age 14 and 2, TTC#3 for 15 months, MC @ 5+5 weeks in Dec 2012, MMC @ 11+4 weeks but measured 6 weeks in April 2013, MC @ 6+2 weeks in Oct 2013, MC @ 6+4 weeks in Dec 2013 (Blighted Ovum) Diagnosed in Jan 2014 with Super Fertility and taking Aspirin, Progesterone and tons of supplements. Also having acupuncture.

TIAP ADD 7th October.

Thanks Tiny

TinyTear Thu 30-Jan-14 11:20:33

I am not taking anying else other than increased dose of Thyroxine for my underactive thyroid (usually take 150mcg, upped to 175mcg)

Have my GP appointment next wednesday, so hope they will send me for some bloods and with a week at the higher dose I will know how things are and if i need to increase it.

my RMC tests from St Mary's were normal, so the plan should this not work out is to go to Professor Q in Coventry to test for NK Cells...

I was actually very surprised at the BFP as we didn't really do it much at the right dates and I had made my mind up to do further testing....

tannyLoo Thu 30-Jan-14 11:27:06

The progesterone is making me feel very pregnant. It's hard to tell where it ends and I begin!

JBrd Thu 30-Jan-14 11:33:51

Tanny I'm also on progesterone, but so far, all I get is a high throughput of knickers! It's a bit icky, definitely not a fan of pessaries, me.

I'm also on heparin and aspirin. The heparin because I had a blood clot a couple of years ago, the aspirin because it might help with the mc... Sigh. My first pregnancy was so uncomplicated and straightforward.

squizita Thu 30-Jan-14 11:49:58

TIAP! I am September but am cheekily joining. ADD 12th Sep.

3 losses: 2 natural losses at about 7 weeks (where I am now shock ). 1 MMC which turned out to be T69 and monitored for partial molar.

Diagnosed with APS and on Clexane and Aspirin.

Dare I say, feeling 'more' pregnant than in last 3 attempts, let's hope it's those meds working!

tannyLoo Thu 30-Jan-14 12:00:56

Jbrd a trick I got from someone on a thread is to stick it up the wrong-'un. Not a pleasant experience, but it stays put and no icky pants. I tried it up me fanjo but it just came straight back out! can't tell I've had 2 kids

nearlyreadytopop Thu 30-Jan-14 12:33:04

thanks for thread tiny
My edd is 2nd Sept but I'm not brave enough for other ante natal threads.

TaytoCrisp Thu 30-Jan-14 14:19:15

Thanks tiny. Marking my place.

DD 2010, mc 23 wks 2012,mc 14 wks 2013.

Now pregnant, edd 1 oct.

Hope to start heparin next week (if scan ok); then cervical stitch around 14 weeks if all goes to plan.

Happy, hopeful and anxious. At least TIAP!

SweetPeaPods Thu 30-Jan-14 16:18:11

Hello! DS2 edd 13 Oct.
3mc before ds so fingers crossed this one sticks. Last pg I avoided caffeine, higher strength folic acid and no dtd for first trimester.

TinyTear Fri 31-Jan-14 06:46:04

Welcome everyone. When I am at a laptop I might collate all ADDs in one post...

TinyTear Fri 31-Jan-14 10:07:09

Here is the list...

If we get to a second thread shall change the name to September / Octobers!

nearlyreadytopop ADD 2nd September
Squizita 3 losses: 2 natural losses at about 7 weeks (where I am now shock ). 1 MMC which turned out to be T69 and monitored for partial molar. ADD 12th Sep.
taytocrisp DD 2010, mc 23 wks 2012,mc 14 wks 2013. EDD 1st October
JBrd, DS May 2011, MC Jan 2013, MC April 2013, MC August 2013. ADD 3rd October
tannyLoo - 41, 2 DSs, age 14 and 2, TTC#3 for 15 months, MC @ 5+5 weeks in Dec 2012, MMC @ 11+4 weeks but measured 6 weeks in April 2013, MC @ 6+2 weeks in Oct 2013, MC @ 6+4 weeks in Dec 2013 (Blighted Ovum) Diagnosed in Jan 2014 with Super Fertility and taking Aspirin, Progesterone and tons of supplements. Also having acupuncture. ADD 7th October.
Sweetpeapods DS2 edd 13 Oct.

nearlyreadytopop Fri 31-Jan-14 11:27:04

woo, I didn't realise so many of us are preggers! That is an excellent listsmile
I didn't introduce myself properly
Ds born 2011, mc at 7 weeks, mmc at 17 weeks, mc at 7 weeks. I have been taking metformin but am now to gradually stop.

TinyTear Fri 31-Jan-14 11:51:17

interesting, why were you on metformin?

I will probably have to go on it, as last time I had Gestational Diabetes and was on metformin for the last 8/9 weeks (and overnight insulin in the last week)

SweetPeaPods Fri 31-Jan-14 12:14:20

Wow quite a list. My 3 mcs were all pre ds, so I'm hoping this one sticks but I've had a look and so many of you ladies had mc after dc so I'm now a lot less confident.
2 of mine were mmc so at least the consultant has agreed to scan me again from 6 wks as I couldn't think of anything worse than going for 12 wk scan and it's all over.
Got a feeling this pg is going to be much harder, no resting as ds is starting to crawl and walk.

nearlyreadytopop Fri 31-Jan-14 12:24:52

tiny I have pcos and some doctors think met can help with fertility issues in ladies with pcos. The doctor yesterday said the benefits are only until bfp but the previous one thought it can help prevent mc.
I know for me its been amazing in that when on it I have lost weight (low carb diet) and have a slightly long but reasonably regular cycle.

squizita Fri 31-Jan-14 12:28:41

Sweetpea I think nowadays the key thing is treatment (in the old days, they were quicker to lower odds). Your story is very hopeful for me because I've had 3 with no DC so am hoping (with clexane) this one will work out better than before.

Anyone else in symptom spotting hell? Cursing the fact I was sick on Weds. My MS is just the 'feeling sick and lots of things smell foul' kind, but being sick once has me panicked because now, days with just a nauseous feeling in the early morning and about 2pm are scaring me (whereas before that was my norm) i.e. "my sickness has gone!" not "my sickness is same as normal, I had a sicker day Weds."

squizita Fri 31-Jan-14 12:30:05

...by treatment I include monitoring and cans, which have been shown to improve things too!

TinyTear Fri 31-Jan-14 12:54:12

i don't care about symptoms as i had nausea with miscarriages and not much with my DD and the active smell sense in both DD and miscarriage, so i try not to think of it.

i am colder but don't know if this if pg or because it is colder outside anyway
:-)

JBrd Fri 31-Jan-14 13:38:15

I try not to symptom spot (if I can help it, easier said than done) - it'll drive me crazy. Currently using the head-in-the-sand approach and ploughing on. Within reason, obviously, I'm not going to start kick-boxing now grin

I did feel queasy yesterday morning and last night, but it's too early to be anything conclusive. I'm not even 5 weeks.

squiz Have you thought about relaxation techniques?! If you don't mind me saying so, you really are in symptom-spotting hell, you poor thing... Do you have anything to distract you? I find that immersing myself in work is really helping.

This morning, DS (2.5) came into the bathroom and then watched me insert the progesterone, followed by the heparin injection. And promptly asked me what I was doing. Uhmmm... confused

TinyTear Fri 31-Jan-14 13:46:06

why do they have to follow us to the bathroom? whyy?

my DD like to pretend sit in her potty (fully clothed we aren't potty training yet) next to me in the toilet... I have to send her away to pick up books or toys when i want to wipe or change a pad

nearlyreadytopop Fri 31-Jan-14 14:16:18

I also don't like to say it as it does reassure others but, sickness means very little to me. I had hyperemesis and a week in hospital and still had a mc.
This week has been very bad sickness wise and I have reluctantly got some cyclizine which has reduced the actual vomiting quite a bit.

SweetPeaPods Fri 31-Jan-14 14:29:19

I'm trying hard not to symptom spot too, but have felt queasy this morning and I'm exhausted but all could be down to lack of sleep as had a couple of bad nights with ds.

squizita Fri 31-Jan-14 15:03:14

Jbird I'm afraid relaxation techniques don't touch the sides with me. For various reasons deep in childhood I am riddled with (slightly clinical) anxiety and I think my hormones are flaring it up really badly. In "real life" no-one ever guesses (counselling = super normal on the outside) but I think my crazy is spilling out a bit here! I am also finding work useful though, a good distraction! grin Thanks to those of you who say you ignore symptoms, I think I should really as well. Just go by scans and absence of obvious problems.

This thread is not accepting new messages.