Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Anyone in Aberdeen - due July 2014

(12 Posts)
Scotmum83 Sun 26-Jan-14 18:50:55

Hi everyone

Just wanted to see if there's anyone based in or around Aberdeen. Be nice to chat to some other ladies due in the summer. Also looking for any antenatal groups to go to in the area. Hoping to start yoga next week but that's all I have found so far.

rach2713 Sun 26-Jan-14 19:36:26

Hi I'm from ellon have a 13 month old so not due but wanted to say hi lol

Scotmum83 Sun 26-Jan-14 21:02:07

Hi rach2713 thanks for your message. Did you find many classes to go to when you were pregnant? Seems to be loads for mums and baby but nothing for pregnancy! Be nice to meet other mums to be.

rach2713 Sun 26-Jan-14 21:17:21

No I never which was pretty crap and there ain't no mother and baby groups either after I had baby

Scotmum83 Sun 26-Jan-14 21:33:02

I know there's a group that have started through the meetup website if your looking for one. I'm part of a photography group through meetup and it's great for meeting new people. Think I'll be joining once I've popped this baby out smile to meet other parents.

rach2713 Sun 26-Jan-14 21:47:29

Aww really what's it called it's good to meet up with new mum's cuz you can share your stories with and the kids meet aswell. What date you due and do you kno what your having

Scotmum83 Sun 26-Jan-14 22:01:27

This is the link

http://www.meetup.com/Aberdeen-MDALA/

I'm due 24th July but don't know what we're having. Going to keep it as a surprise smile

rach2713 Sun 26-Jan-14 22:07:22

Aww I done that with my 1st a boy who is 7 and had to find out with my second which is a girl who is 13 months . Is there no antenatal through the hospital

Scotmum83 Sun 26-Jan-14 22:10:46

Yes think so but wanted to go to something more fun. I'll see how the yoga class goes hopefully meet others at the same stage as me.

rach2713 Sun 26-Jan-14 22:15:22

True I never went to none with either off mine never got told really which I was a bit disappointed bout and with my second kinda got the impression they thought I knew what to expect so never got asked again. It's nice to talk to ppl who are at the same stages and others who have had to k ow what to expect aswell

I'm from Ellon but now in Westhill. I'm due on the 4th of July. It would be lovely to meet up. smile

Scotmum83 Sun 26-Jan-14 22:25:00

That would be cool. Is there a way of private messaging on here?? Not sure how to give contact details without posting them for everyone to see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now