Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2014 - am I the first one here...?

(971 Posts)
makesamesswhenstressed Sun 26-Jan-14 13:48:58

Just got 2 very very (very very very) faint lines. The magical due date doo-dah says 3rd Oct is the magic number. Who knows? It could all go tits up still, but if you, like me, suspect you might be in the early stages it would be nice to chat.

I'll start the list shall I?

MakesAMessWhenStressed DC2, EDD 3rd Oct

CareBearWithFangs Tue 18-Feb-14 19:50:07

Sending hugs and best wishes bingo.

I also now really want a cheese burger and I haven't had one since I was pregnant with DD.

ExcitedCJ Tue 18-Feb-14 19:58:01

Kensal thanks for sharing, made me feel better. I hired a new person who started with me today & I was on the verge of tears with them 3 times, full on eyes watering, croaky voice etc. I'm sure they were thinking of leaving already!

Bingo fingers crossed for you. Hopefully it helps a little to share.

Symptoms wise - not sleeping too well, hormonal mess, freezing cold. Windyness subsided a little.

bumpbangbump Tue 18-Feb-14 20:14:02

Bingo really hope you get good news with the next appointment. How scary for you.

Looks like the thread is getting pretty full so have started a new one when everyone's ready. Can't link on phone o maybe someone ESE could do the honors?

Oh, and thanks a lot girls, I really want a pizza now with a side order of burger!!!

Cakebaker35 Tue 18-Feb-14 20:28:46

bingo what a day, really hope your next appointment goes well.

MrsF I seem to remember first midwife appointment is just filling in lots of questionnaires and info about you, your weight and giving you loads of leaflets information overload IMO I haven't had my first appt this time yet, don't think they want to see you quite so early second time around.

I'm just over 7 weeks now and got my appointment date through for 12 wk scan which is later on in March. I've been feeling relatively relaxed for the last week or so but seeing that scan date has made me have a sudden feeling of gloom that something might be wrong/blighted ovum/mmc etc etc. I'm really annoyed with myself about this stressing, I remember being like it last time and it's nothing how I normally am when not pregnant so I feel like a bit of a nutter blush feels like a long wait but I won't pay for an early scan as I know even if that's fine I'll then just be stressing it all goes wrong after I've had it!

I think worrying is my only real side effect of pregnancy, apart from feeling very tired at times - then of course I start worrying about lack of symptoms....shoot me now someone!

Fx for you bingo
Can't remember who asked but I could sail the Solent with the wind I've had! Sorry for TMI!
Wasn't sure what to have for dinner so boiled an egg and ate it whilst doing a baked potato and scampi. Not so much cravings as being hungry most of the time!! I'll be huge by 40 weeks grin

magichandles Tue 18-Feb-14 20:38:24

Yup, works for me.

I'm another one with terrible digestive complaints shall we say. I've got a bowel condition anyway, so everything slowing up was one of the first things that made me suspect I might be pregnant.

ohthegoats Tue 18-Feb-14 21:35:25

everything slowing up was one of the first things that made me suspect might be pregnant

Same. Wheat normally a BAD. THING. Currently only interested in bread, bagels, pasta, pizza, scones, biscuits, crackers, Shreddies.. etc. And no bad side effects at all, it's quite odd/exciting.

queenasanti3 Wed 19-Feb-14 11:26:18

Yay.... scan went well, measuring 7 weeks so looks like my due date maybe changing to the 8 th Oct, but will confirm at 12 week scan, managed to see the little heart beat flickering away, so relieved, just gonna sit back and relax abit more now.
Next appointment is my booking with the midwife, on Fri 28 feb so will get my 12 week scan appointment then, cant wait.
So looking forward for the new series of One born every minute to start love watching that when am pregnant, some people would think iam mad but I think its great.

sazzlehopes Wed 19-Feb-14 13:33:25

Glad scan went well Queen.....just to remind you all ladies, our new thread is here! This one is getting full!

KittyVonCatsington Fri 21-Feb-14 13:20:29

A very tentative hello to this thread-hope it's the right one! 11DPO today, AF due date and got a faint line on a FRER. Mumsnet's due date calculator says 1st November 2014 but can I hop onto the back of this thread? Am going to read back over this thread to get some tips and try to calm myself down a little bit! smile

I found out at 10:50 today I was expecting baby no2!!! We have been trying for a few months now and I was going into my third week late for my period... Had already done 7 tests all negative... Any way I was emptying the bathroom bin when I spotted the test I done on Monday... It had 2 lines not just the 1 when I did it so I ran and got another test and I got my 2 lines instantly :D so happy due on the 14th Chinese gender prediction says boy lol

nicodiamand Mon 17-Mar-14 16:19:24

Hi can I join?

Luckily feeling blessful and no sickness so far, (I'll thank my long term yoga pratice for that) but do feel fatique somtimes and having strange taste in my mouth smile

Looking forward to the second trimester so I can resume some exercise!

nicodiamand DC1 EDD 5 October

FlipFantasia Mon 17-Mar-14 16:54:38

Hi nico, welcome and congrats! come on over to the most recent thread (it's October no 3 - sorry can't link as on my phone). This was the first thread and is too full to post on anymore.

nicodiamand Mon 17-Mar-14 17:14:05

Thank you FlipFantasia wink

Clara1707 Fri 11-Apr-14 23:30:36

Hi everyone! I am a newbie. And an October 24th to be smile. So excited! I want the sickness feeling to pass however. It's not a great sensation is it? Still, I know it will be all worth it.

Matildasmam22 Sat 12-Apr-14 03:30:25

Loved reading this thread the midwives has dated me 27th October, but don't get my dating scan till Tuesday so will have to see. My 15month dd was a thirty weeker sad so to be on the safe side we are preparing for August any further along (fingers crossed October) will be a bonus. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's updates.

JustGotMyBabyOnBoardBadge Wed 23-Apr-14 10:46:00

Due date - Halloween!! DP's highly religious mother finds it a bit creepy grin. First child and very excited!!

Portia13 Sun 18-May-14 07:06:35

Hi all I hope you are well, I'm very new to all this so I hope I can join your thread?

Im due 29/10/14

Thanks for all the advice so far!!

bumpbangbump Sun 18-May-14 09:26:14

Portia welcome. We're on a much later thread so come find us!

CarCiKoTab Mon 23-Jun-14 11:16:25

Hi all, looks like I am late to the party again I'm due 21st October, hoping I'm not to late to join.

How are you all getting on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now