Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2014 - babies flying out all over the joint!

(887 Posts)
marzipanned Mon 20-Jan-14 13:44:55

We've now welcomed mini sun, dawn, kat, zazou and selfies (please tell me I haven't missed anyone...)....who will be next?!

Those of us waiting impatiently will be showing down on dates, pineapple, RLT and curry while having awkward whale sex.

marzipanned Mon 20-Jan-14 13:45:39

Showing? CHOWING! But shows would be good too...

lastnightopenedmyeyes Mon 20-Jan-14 13:49:29

I just had a show smile

Thingymajigs Mon 20-Jan-14 13:49:50

Marking place whilst also scoffing pineapple. Baby seems to be having a mad kick about with the fructose rush. Ouch.

lastnightopenedmyeyes Mon 20-Jan-14 13:49:51

(Starting things off in style) ;)

CubanoHabana Mon 20-Jan-14 13:51:08

That is a good way to start off new thread lastnight!

Champagnebubble Mon 20-Jan-14 13:51:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

laura0007 Mon 20-Jan-14 13:52:42

Yay last night!!

Marzi... I'm intrigued about the whale sex?? Is this a new type of position I'm not aware of? wink

lastnightopenedmyeyes Mon 20-Jan-14 13:53:12

Cubano - to go back to the previous thread. I don't remember ds's movements slowing down on the run up to labour (but then he was induced) but I do remember that I screamed at the midwife to make him stop wriggling when I was pushing because it bloody hurt. She was amused!

Thingymajigs Mon 20-Jan-14 13:53:22

Oo maybe you'll be next lastnight! smile I never had it with previous pregnancies but I still check hoping to see it at some point.
Agh it feels like baby is stabbing at my cervix.

Champagnebubble Mon 20-Jan-14 13:53:34

lastnightopenedmyeyes Mon 20-Jan-14 13:53:52

Re the show, I sneezed and it happened. Maybe the birth will be the same? Wishful thinking?!

EeyoreIsh Mon 20-Jan-14 13:54:18

Good start to the thread lastnight!

lastnightopenedmyeyes Mon 20-Jan-14 13:55:04

I had a show with DS and 2 weeks later still nothing so I'm not pinning much on it, but at least it's progress! Due on Wednesday.

EmmaFreudsGivingMeJip Mon 20-Jan-14 13:55:11

oooh I hope my little boy is here before the end of this thread or I will not be happy....

Champagnebubble Mon 20-Jan-14 13:55:16

Thisisfreakingmeout Mon 20-Jan-14 13:55:56

Good luck lastnight.

I hope you proudly carry on the tradition of new thread, new baby! (Unless you are getting alarmed about the reality of it all - like me - in which case maybe things could slow a little for you...)

Keep us posted if you aren't too busy with a very important delivery!!

ohhhhpieceofcandy Mon 20-Jan-14 14:14:14

Love the new thread title!

I'm having one of those days today. Got a letter from the hospital this morning with an appointment for Thursday. Rang up to find out why and apparently I was supposed to see the midwife after my scan last week. Nobody told me that, it said nothing about it in the scan letter and the sonographer said everything was fine and I could go! Had my normal midwife appointment today and she has no idea why they are bothering to get me to go back in when everything was fine on the scan. Oh well, it'll be a trip out!

Still feeling crap from this cold, was coughing so much this morning I was sick. Luckily I had only had orange juice and I was able to make it to the sink!

Baby is all fine and dandy, still measuring behind but we know from the scan that all is well. She's a right little wriggler though, she's flipped over since Thursday and is not in the slightest bit engaged. I think I'm going to be in for a wait!

I wonder who is going to be next, I'm loving hearing about all these lovely babies! smile

misskatamari Mon 20-Jan-14 14:25:26

Yaaaaay new thread! I still need to catch up on the last one but it's soooo exciting all these babies arriving. Soon well have to go to the postnatal thread area shock

Oooh I hope the show is a good sign that babies on it's way Lastnight!

Marzi - in terms of the hypnobirthing I'm sure listening to the hypnosis most nights probably helped but I found the breathing techniques really really useful - especially for getting really chilled out between surges. I was almost asleep between them I was so relaxed. DH knowing to make sure to feed me and keep my hydrated was also really useful, as was having him do the light touch massage (just basically stroking my arms, neck, back etc) as it just helped me stay calm and focused. I can't remember if you have the book but if not I've put a doc of the breathing techniques on fb sit here worth having a practice of. To be fair the j breathing for labour went out the window for me and I just pushed but I hadn't really practice that one so it might have been really good if I'd known how to do it x

SugarMiceInTheRain Mon 20-Jan-14 14:59:40

So excited about all the new arrivals...

No news from me since the last thread, but am now eagerly compiling a to do list for before the baby arrives, now that I have a date for my section! 3 weeks and 3 days to go!

laura0007 Mon 20-Jan-14 15:30:59

Lol at sneezing Lastnight!
All that happens when I sneeze is that I piss myself if I'm not prepared and clenching!

ChocoFrog Mon 20-Jan-14 15:36:07

Yay new thread. Lots of babies on this one please...

Just updated the stats thread. Hope I haven't missed anyone. February stats

No symptoms here. Still at work too but finish on Wednesday. Can't wait smile

Bumpiemalumpie Mon 20-Jan-14 15:38:10

Hello, can I rejoin? I was around in the early bfp days!! now 38.1wks and on my first day of maternity leave!!

sadly already bored!!

Julietee Mon 20-Jan-14 15:38:54

Long NCT session yesterday afternoon (1-5).
Tbh I'm fairly disappointed with the course content - the way the info is presented is quite fluffy, and not finding it ever so helpful to constantly be sticking laminated cards under other laminated cards for the purposes of discussion/ elucidation, I guess.
I really hope we'll be able to do the social thing. DH is great at it but I'm not, and I fear I may scupper our chances by being my usual shite self and not opening up/ relaxing in time for anyone to actually have a chance of liking me even a little bit. That and there's at least one woman I wouldn't be natural friends with anyway. I know my style of quiet/introverted/sarcastic/surreal humour isn't for everybody, and I expect the very same woman probably thinks I'm not natural friend material for her either! Hopefully I'm being defeatist and it'll happen despite misgivings.

I have unisex pizza party/ baby shower next saturday (only one of my girl friends has RSVPd sad ) and will be going to Costco on my grandma's card to stock up! They do such nice muffins there.

marzipanned Mon 20-Jan-14 15:59:10

Ooh lastnight way to kick off the thread!

Laura grin DH and I DTD the last night and my bump was definitely a lot smaller last time that happened. I'm pretty sure I resembled a beached whale flopping about the bed (hideous).

Thanks misskat, I had a look at your breathing doc before and it sounds like the techniques are very similar to the ones my yoga teacher practices with us (actually I found out last week she is also a hypnobirthing teacher, wish I had known that sooner and taken classes!) If it's okay, I'll be sharing your birth story and experience with DH as I know he wants to be involved but I don't think he's quite sure how. We did some of the light touch massage at NCT and I was telling him how fab it felt (even when very much not in labour!) but I think he was sceptical as usually when he gives me a massage it's of the extraordinarily painful deep tissue variety...

Julietee I didn't rate most of the NCT course material that highly either, but I hope you are able to do the social thing as I think that's the greatest benefit of the classes. Remember you're never going to like everyone and it doesn't really matter because as time goes by you will just end up seeing those you want to anyway. Don't let one woman put you off getting to know the others! Also once the babies come along you will all have the same fears/worries/delights/successes and you will get to know each other properly (not just in that awkward 'right we're here we better make friends' way) and they will learn to love your sense of humour smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now